PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so to today...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And so to today...  (Read 5459 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: And so to today...
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »

Why did York bring their own stewards ?

They were not from York but from an outside agency called Showsec and they was 8 of them. They were bought in to assist after problems at earlier games in the season. We have to make sure we have the right stewarding levels when a large away following is expected because if we have problem and keep calling the police in they will insist on attending every match and they are more expensive.
Before you say what a waste of efffffing money just think and remeber out of a squad of 31 stewards only 20 could make yeaterdays game due to other commitments and they don't get anything but still turn up each week. The club and the fans have to realise that times are changing with more and more large away following coming to moss lane with yesterday being the 6th plus 350 away attendanceso hence the extra 8 from showsec which is only the second time this season we have had extra stewards. The attendance was 200 up on last year game so the club will have still made a profit.

Large away following not including the seated area's and the number of stewards per game in brackets

York 417 (28) including 8 from Showsec
Afc Wimbledon 440 (21)
Chester 455 (22)
Mansfield 389 (18)
Luton 640 (21)
Wrexham 592 (35) including 10 stewards from Wrexham

In 22 matches at moss lane so far this season involving Altrincham fc 435 stewards have been on duty and the club have only paid for 18.
I bet there are 22 clubs in this league who would like our stewarding bill.
I hope this answers all the question.
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »

I was very glad to see extra stewards assisting our volunteers yesterday.

As I've said before, if you want to run with the big boys you have to adapt accordingly. 

No other club would attempt to accomodate massive following from York/Luton/Oxford without a number of very expensive police.  If we can manage the situation with some hired stewards that is a bonus.

York had a group of around 20 rather handy looking individuals to the right of the goal as you looked. They had the potential to cause bother, they didn't on this occasion but it wasd good planning to be aware of this.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »

I was very glad to see extra stewards assisting our volunteers yesterday.

As I've said before, if you want to run with the big boys you have to adapt accordingly. 

No other club would attempt to accomodate massive following from York/Luton/Oxford without a number of very expensive police.  If we can manage the situation with some hired stewards that is a bonus.

York had a group of around 20 rather handy looking individuals to the right of the goal as you looked. They had the potential to cause bother, they didn't on this occasion but it wasd good planning to be aware of this.

I was informed later by York fans in the bar that they had just come off 3 year banning orders  >:( >:(
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »

I was informed later by York fans in the bar that they had just come off 3 year banning orders  >:( >:(

Shouldn't you have been made aware of that before the match by either the authorities or York FC?

This is not a criticism of you Darren, just a question.

And also, I think the point you make about having used 435 stewards and paying for 18 is one that everyone should bare in mind. It just shows what a group of dedicated volunteers we have when we have to hire UNDER 1 steward per home match and that all our unpaid lads and lasses do such a magnificent job in keeping order. Well done to all.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »

I have been looking for Brodie all over York & district today.  No sign of him.  I can only assume he is still in Greg Youngs pocket which is where he spent most of the game.  Greg was immense I thought yesterday. The bedrock of an excellent defensive performance.  Others have rightly said we gave the ball away too easily - at times York flooded the midfield leaving us with no room.  In the first half when we were shouting  "o lay" at every pass we didn't make any forward progress, indeed the ball was played back to Stuart.

Pleased with the point. Very pleased.

ant

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »

I have been looking for Brodie all over York & district today.  No sign of him.  I can only assume he is still in Greg Youngs pocket which is where he spent most of the game.  Greg was immense I thought yesterday. The bedrock of an excellent defensive performance.  Others have rightly said we gave the ball away too easily - at times York flooded the midfield leaving us with no room.  In the first half when we were shouting  "o lay" at every pass we didn't make any forward progress, indeed the ball was played back to Stuart.

Pleased with the point. Very pleased.

I don't know if this was you or not but there was a great bit of banter where someone behind me more or less shouted that to him and he heard.  It was funny as it really rattled him and he was totally suckered in to defending his goalscoring record saying "...I've scored 17 times this season mate, he's not got me in his pocket.."  His other team mate nearby was laughing his head off as he took the bate.  Well and truely would up the lad.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »

Someone was confident!

I'd have barely finished the heckle by the time the oppo player had banged in the goal. Nver tempt fate where Alty are concerned (it's not as if she isn't tempted already).

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »

Brodie should still have scored a hat-trick yesterday.

And his dive in the penalty area at the Chequers End was utterly contemptible.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 02:31:51 AM »

darren dont listen to any sh*t !! YOU and YOUR team r doin a great job !! 

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

Shouting "O Lay" nearly always makes the team pass back to the goalkeeper. The team in possession always try to take the mick and keep hold of the ball and get forced back or make  bad mistake to allow someone in.

Worst shout ever in football to screw your team over - FACT.

anglo alty

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 10:17:41 AM »

brodie spends all his time whinging when he aint scoring constables the same must be the shaved head

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »

Erm who's been giving sh*t ? I don't see anywhere... ???

I just asked a basic question, if you refering to me !

Heffer

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »

Erm who's been giving sh*t ? I don't see anywhere... ???

I just asked a basic question, if you refering to me !
me me me me me
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so to today...