PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so to today...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: And so to today...  (Read 5457 times)

markecky

And so to today...
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »

Seeing as thiough the team picked itself I thought we did OK.  We passed the ball pretty well but just didn't seem to create anything up top.

Credit to York though, I thought they looked very solid and didn't let us through.

It was a game they had to win and they didn't so I'll take that as a positive.

Thought Ryan Brown had a great game and Clive showed why youtube is not the best place to view players.

Awful home attendance on the downside. we really do have to start actively marketing the club and giving stuff away if necessary.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:23:50 PM by markecky »

JonnyKeen

Re: And so to today...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »

Would like to add I thought Doran had a great game again.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Seeing as thiough the team picked itself I thought we did OK.  We passed the ball pretty well but just didn't seem to create anything up top.

Credit to York though, I thought they looked very solid and didn't let us through.

It was a game they had to win and they didn't so I'll take that as a positive.

Thought Ryan Brown had a great game and Clive showed why youtube is not the best place to view players.

Awful home attendance on the downside. we really do have to start actively marketing the club and giving stuff away if necessary.

How many home fans are we talking??

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »

Obviously we are not Real Madrid but, especially in the last two games, the lack of any creativity in midfield is starting to really hurt us.
How many times did we put the defence (who were fantastic) under pressure by giving the ball away cheaply in midfield. This is what we will really need next season.
Col looked off the pace today, he hasn't become a bad player overnight, but a better performance from him will be needed in the weeks ahead.

62vintage

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:58 PM »

I thought they were far better than us today, cant remember their goalie making a save really. We fought hard but seemed to run out of ideas when we had the ball.
This is in no way critising the team, we have now lost several players to serious injury this season and the players have responded very well.
A couple of seasons ago we would have been hammered in a game like that so keeping a clean sheet and picking up a point shows how the club have progressed.
The attendance was disappointing though and I dont know what we can do to improve it. We are not in a relegation fight and have picked up points and have played well this season so where are our supporters?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:57:43 PM »

Today I'm afraid showed how much we will miss Tom Kearney.

Some of our players did well, some less so but we didn't seem to be able to convert individual demonstrations of ability into 'joined up football'

Let's just hope (a) That he can be fit for next season and (b) That we offer him a contract for next season

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »

Today I'm afraid showed how much we will miss Tom Kearney.

Some of our players did well, some less so but we didn't seem to be able to convert individual demonstrations of ability into 'joined up football'

Let's just hope (a) That he can be fit for next season and (b) That we offer him a contract for next season

And c).......he does not take a job in the USA

Great gesture of the club / Foz to pass a giant 'get well soon' card around the bar for all to sign
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 08:30:40 PM »

Do not under estimate the impact that Jmes Smith has on the pitch.. he is composed, a real rock and when we get him back you'll see much more settled play, we'll keep our shape better and deny opposition the sort of chances they had today.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »

A good result today.

Performance wise was not great, I think we had one shot of target only.

Nut we ground out the result.

Doran was really good today.

Not a footballing spectical but well earned point and i am happy.

jimmyhank

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

At the end of the day it's another point in the bag. We knocked it around OK first half and battled well second half. The lack of chances created was a little disappointing but York are a solid outfit. Like someone has already mentioned, we may well have capitulated a couple of seasons ago but we dug in and earned a point. The vocal support was excellent, too.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »

Do not under estimate the impact that Jmes Smith has on the pitch.. he is composed, a real rock and when we get him back you'll see much more settled play, we'll keep our shape better and deny opposition the sort of chances they had today.

Agreed.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 09:31:41 AM »

We rode our luck a little today ,but we defended stoutly ,york have a striker who has scored 27 goals so far this season ,so we did well to keep a clean sheet, dont forget we have so many injurys that G.H didnt have a lot of choice in his team selection , also we have played some very hard games of late so well done boys keep it going

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

Brodie may have scored 27, but he spent most of yesterday whingeing like a big girl. Stu blocked him excellently in a one-on-one, otherwise he never looked like scoring, thanks to a classy display from Greg with sterling assistance from Robbie. He fully deserved his booking for diving, and a less patient referee would have tired of his histrionics much earlier.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »

If you listen to Foyle's post match comments they probably spent a few days preparing for us. He mentions Little's ability and awareness and that they worked on it - if only we had time to 'work on' opposition players !!

We played with the wind behind us first half and i thought if we were going to score it had to be then. Definatly rode our luck in the second but was to be expected after all ther games recently, the players looked knackered in the last 15.

Why did York bring their own stewards ?

And i thought the guy by the barrier in the first half was too much of a simpleton to be one of ours - 20 mins in he plods over to 'his' supporters, div !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

Clive Moyo-Modise.

Oh dear.

Is he the new Adewale Ajetunmobi...?

Distressingly abysmal yesterday.

He surely has to be better than that.....doesn't he?

Brian Flynn even resorted to barking out instructions to him to "Jump!" when a high ball came Clive's way!

And that was probably Colin Little's worst ever performance in an Alty shirt.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so to today...