PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 United Res V City Res this Thur
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: United Res V City Res this Thur  (Read 7282 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: United Res V City Res this Thur
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »

so Moss lane will be a sea of green and yellow ? someone must be making a killing from that merchandise ...

Watch out for Delia Smith

Her pies wont be any better the our Dawn's  ;) :D

Lets be avin you.... Cmonnnn.....   Where are you  ....

I now a copper lives on Lettsbe Avenue......

I'll get my coat!

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

Sounds like a cracking game...anyone know the crowd?

I might have met one or two in passing!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

What really pisses me off when I go down and watch the reserves is the amount of foreign hangers on that sit in the main stand.

Last night I was surrounded by three different groups of chav looking foreigners babbling away in french, and scandinavian who spent half the match checking their texts.

They had even brought their bloody cameras and were trying to take photos of the match.

One was clearly the Possebon fan club 'cos every time he touched the ball they got all excited. (God knows why as he was clearly not interested).

The second lot seemed to be the Doif fan club/entourage who clearly lost interest in the second half after he got substituted at half time.

and I bet the local residents around Moss Lane must have loved it last night given the amount of announcements that had to be made for people to shift their cars as they were blocking entrances to people's houses.

..........back to normality tomorrow C'mon you Robins !!

fuertes

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »

What really pisses me off when I go down and watch the reserves is the amount of foreign hangers on that sit in the main stand.

Last night I was surrounded by three different groups of chav looking foreigners babbling away in french, and scandinavian who spent half the match checking their texts.

Oh no, not foreign hangers-on.

Who gives a f**k? Perhaps they went into a pub or restaurant afterwards and contributed to the local economy? It's hardly the biggest chore to hear people speaking a foreign language, just watch the game rather than getting angry inside.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

It's hardly the biggest chore to hear people speaking a foreign language

Happened on Tuesday to Myself and Mrs S!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »

Who gives a f**k? Perhaps they went into a pub or restaurant afterwards and contributed to the local economy? It's hardly the biggest chore to hear people speaking a foreign language, just watch the game rather than getting angry inside.

Indeed...its hardly odd that a player should have a group of friends in the stand is it?

Should we have a foreign section?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »

The point I was seeking to make was that none of em had paid to get in.

and they all disappeared at half time into the sponsor's lounge.

I hope they didn't run out of prawns   ???

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

Indeed...its hardly odd that a player should have a group of friends in the stand is it?

Should we have a foreign section?

I think this idea has merit, we could have translated versions of the songs on sheets of paper.
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 United Res V City Res this Thur