PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frustrating Grays Game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frustrating Grays Game  (Read 5572 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating Grays Game
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »

Was it the same Goalkeeper that played in the match at Grays earlier this season - a black lad that comes out of his area a good couple of yards before he releases the ball?

no this was their 32. Glyn Garner making his debut for Grays, previously of Shrewsbury, and according to wikipedia has played for Wales.  He played well, and made some good saves.

A point of order to Mr Laidler's usually precise match report. The Denham rounding the keeper for a defender to clear off the line incident was in the first half, not second.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:51:52 PM by casper »

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 12:09:59 AM »

Frustrate by Grays continual fouling and the Referees inability to control the game.

While for the most part I'd agree one thing that left me with a sour taste in my mouth was the blatant diving of Denham. In the second half, he had two incidents with a defender, and while the first was legit in the second he quite clearly ran into the defender and hurled himself to the ground. Unfortunately the ref believed him. Denham is a great footballer but he seems to dive every time I see him (admittedly not often).

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:03 AM »

Frustrate by Grays continual fouling and the Referees inability to control the game.

While for the most part I'd agree one thing that left me with a sour taste in my mouth was the blatant diving of Denham. In the second half, he had two incidents with a defender, and while the first was legit in the second he quite clearly ran into the defender and hurled himself to the ground. Unfortunately the ref believed him. Denham is a great footballer but he seems to dive every time I see him (admittedly not often).

You're right. He needs to cut that out, it annoys the hell out of me. Either learn to play the game fairly or give it up would be my advice.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 12:28:28 AM »

Still going to make the play-offs?

You'd gladly swap places with us.

End of.

Come on Alty!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »

What the intentional block on him that the player was booked for?? the same player who did exactly the same to clee in the first couple minutes??
I think denham goes down easily, but doesnt dive often, unlike their striker who was booked for diving....

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

Was it the same Goalkeeper that played in the match at Grays earlier this season - a black lad that comes out of his area a good couple of yards before he releases the ball?

If it was the same guy then he was looking a bit pale yesterday .................. ::)

Longman

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

It was great to see Denham and Clee running at defenders at times today.

Clee gets better each game I reckon.

Clee is a joy to watch, proper winger who gets at players and takes them on, ala Ryan Giggs.

Longman

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »

What the intentional block on him that the player was booked for?? the same player who did exactly the same to clee in the first couple minutes??
I think denham goes down easily, but doesnt dive often, unlike their striker who was booked for diving....

Are you joking?  Denham dives in every game he plays.  It's not something I like seeing to be honest, there was one example yesterday where he went to ground when he would have been through if he had stayed on his feet!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frustrating Grays Game