Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I thought forest green were skint and up for sale??
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I thought forest green were skint and up for sale??  (Read 4864 times)

taxi Phil

Re: I thought forest green were skint and up for sale??
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »

Until the law is changed and rampant free market economics is brought under control any business can follow any business path they choose within the law.  It's not big. It's not clever. It's not sustainable. It is however legal. It is their choice.

If we wait for a change to the law of the land, most of us won't live to see it. There is so much red tape and hidden agenda involved in a law change that only simple stuff gets through.

Example : the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995, hailed as a victory for disabled people everywhere - and STILL not fully implemented 15 years later. By 2007, every taxi in England and Wales should have been wheelchair accessible, and a vehicle developed to meet the needs of every disabled person (the last bit was always going to be impossible). Today, many Councils still have less than 15% accessible vehicles (there are a couple who have more wheelchair accessible Private Hire than taxis !) and people in wheelchairs are still being refused and ignored by taxi drivers.

Now we're getting the new Equality Act - and I've racked my brains over it and can't see how it will ever address the above problems.

This is simple stuff when compared to dealing with company finances !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »

Have you done that public vehicle driving nvq yet? Me and chief have done it,thankfully we didnt have to pay for it,load of old nonsense it was aswell.If the council make it compulsary,I can see your lot going crackers,or on strike!

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »

Have you done that public vehicle driving nvq yet? Me and chief have done it,thankfully we didnt have to pay for it,load of old nonsense it was aswell.If the council make it compulsary,I can see your lot going crackers,or on strike!

Our trade association have made it clear that, unless the same nationally accredited qualification is applied to every licensing authority, we're not going to take part. If I get the qualification in Trafford, I should be able to use it to get a licence in Manchester, or even Mansfield (though God knows why anyone wants to work there !)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »

During the excitement of the England versus Slovenia match, David Hockaday, manager of Forest Green Rovers, took the half-time break to complete another couple of signings for his squad. A packed Carol Embrey Suite watching the World Cup at the New Lawn witnessed first Craig Armstrong complete his signing as player-coach and then defender Scott Bartlett, previously with Bath City, joined the club on a part-time basis.

Bartlett, 31, had left Bath as he didn't want to train full-time, and the fact that he lived in Tetbury just three miles from Rovers` ground made it an ideal move for him".

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 05:40:21 PM »

Financial struggle continues for Forest Green Rovers 

Drew was Labour MP for Stroud for 13 years
Forest Green Rovers chairman David Drew has admitted the club continues to face a financial struggle after the failure of a campaign to raise £250,000.

Drew acknowledged the 'Keep the Green Alive' campaign, launched earlier this year, fell 'substantially' short of its ambitious target.

But he told BBC Gloucestershire: "We're alive. I won't say we're healthy but we are keeping going."

Last season Rovers fought off two winding-up orders.

Drew said: "The good news is we're still there. We're receiving monies to help with the playing budget and other things, but we're not out of the woods yet."

Forest Green finished in a relegation slot in the Blue Square Premier last season but earned a reprieve when Salisbury were demoted due to financial irregularities.

Drew admitted: "It's always very tough to find the money each week to pay the players and the other staff who make an important contribution. Fans need to get behind the club and people need to use the facilities."

However he added: "We have a number of investors who are interested in putting some serious money into the club.

"We'll only be happy when we've had a good season but also when we have some more investment in place.

"We're having to cut our cloth much more conservatively at the moment because the money just isn't there any more."

Not stopped the signings!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »

Couldn't believe that when I saw it yesterday, unbelievable hypocrisy.

I suppose it's symptomatic of our society at the moment, people love buying things, they're just rather less keen to actually pay for them!!
Thank goodness for the chairman and manager we have here at Alty!!

Butty

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »

"We'll only be happy when we've had a good season but also when we have some more investment in place.

Theres the problem, he is more bothered about a good season on the pitch than making sure the club are financially viable
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I thought forest green were skint and up for sale??