News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester again

Author Topic: Chester again  (Read 2791 times)

Jezza

Chester again
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »

This danish takeover.....seems the CFU (fans of chester) have told the danish consortium not to proceed and have said if they do proceed it will be against the fans "with all that entails" but they are welcome to join CFUs exciting plans for the club.

I can half understand why the CFU have said this but it is just bizarre isn't it? a new owner being threatened that the bacon will be boycotted???

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester again
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

MY GOD, HOW ANYBODY BOYCOTT BACON!!!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »

Only if its Richard!

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »

A "rasher" action would be hard to imagine.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »

Only if its Richard!

Or even his brother Kevin ?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

Not Geoff then?
does seem strange if it means the club survives go for it,i for 1 welcome it
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »

Call me a cynic, but as soon as the BSP member clubs have voted not to expel Chester having been lulled by this projected takeover, I can see it falling through. Particularly when the Danish group reach a better understanding of how much money they are likely to have to cough up and once they realise that although the BSP is one step down from Div 2, Div 2 is not one step down from the Premiership (a delusion some of them seem to be labouring under!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »

Why?

Why would a Danish group be interested in buying Chester City?  Something is not right here, and yet again I fear a Jester City / vaughan family ploy to buy time / avoid paying debts.

Now truly is the time to say enough is enough and kick Jester out.  Hang the consequences to Alty and the rest of the BSP clubs. Do what the fans want, expel them.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »

Correct - especially the first part.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8527889.stm

now I'm not saying that corruption is anything to do with it, but...Mr. V has a rather grim record in the world of finance. This sort of of punishment fits the offence.  Yet Jester get away with messing the BSP about month after month. They bring the game into disrepute...nothing.  They fail to turn up for games, they fail to pay police bills (and assumedly expect the local tax payers to pay it for them)..nothing.  Sure they've finally been suspended but only after oodles of last chances.

Mind you the chinese government brings shame on the country ~ butchers to a man.

FREE TIBET.
gone all political - sorry.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »

Why?

Why would a Danish group be interested in buying Chester City?  Something is not right here, and yet again I fear a Jester City / vaughan family ploy to buy time / avoid paying debts.

Simple - they sell the ground for housing and make loads of money as they build a replacement ground out of Lego!

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »

don't tell James May ~ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8269479.stm ~ he'll only have more daft ideas.  Mind you what's dafter building a lego stadium or getting 500 Danes to buy shares in Chester City in what seems to be an Ebbsfleet Utd style buy out?

It's too late for ma wee brain...

Aussie Bob

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:36 AM »

Devachat is going nuts ...looks like trolling from the "danish investors" or incredible naiviety on their part. Most of the Chester fans want the club to die off and reform and to be honest i dont blame them. Shame potentially having Chester and Wrexham in the same division would be a good boost to the coffers for bringing away fans and having local derbies.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »

Remember all those Icelandic banks throwing their money around at the likes of West ham etc ?

It'll all end in tears You mark my words ?

Saw Mr V been interviewed on Sky Sports last night slagging off all the CFU fans.

I wouldn't buy a used car off the man never mind a football club.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester again