PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nicky Clee
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nicky Clee  (Read 4609 times)

Jezza

Re: Nicky Clee
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »

I can remember a fan's sarcastic shout of "oh good ball heathcote" being met with 'acknowledgement' from the then young player.................

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »

Once upon a time, we had a regular who would spend the entire 90 minutes berating the players. This guy (never knew his name, and he'll be dead by now) made David and Dennis look like Sunday School teachers.

One afternoon, he'd been giving the whole team, and Lenny Dickinson in particular, dog's abuse. About an hour in, a visiting player was receiving treatment just in front of this guy, when Lenny jogged across to the touchline "Oi bigmouth, where do you work ?" bellowed Lenny.

"Budenbergs" replied the startled heckler.

"One more word out of you, and me and the lads'll be down there Monday and shout rubbish at you for 90 minutes while YOU'RE trying to get a job done !" with which Lenny trotted away to the applause of about half the popular side who'd heard it all. The loudmouth was subdued for the rest of the afternoon.

A couple of games later, he was starting his tricks again. Lenny wandered across at the start of the second half and simply glared at him. The guy walked out of the ground, and we never saw him again.

joe

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »

Years ago when Woking had a good team. I gave their goalie, Lawrence Batty a hard time for the whole of the second half. He was getting really pi--ed off with me by the end of the game.. ;)

He's got a ducks arse on his head ;D

Longman

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 10:22:38 AM »

I shouted, 'Unlucky Nick' which he duly acknowledged with a wave of his hand.

Warren Peyton always used to do this as well.

I saw Warren Peyton in The Metropolitan in Didbsury about two months ago, had a little chat with him and he was saying he was enjoying himself at Stalybridge etc.

Nice bloke.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »

I shouted, 'Unlucky Nick' which he duly acknowledged with a wave of his hand.

Warren Peyton always used to do this as well.

About 19 times a match.

Quality stuff, Ecky, sheer quality...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

G. I think he and the rest of the team are superb currently - I will take the rough with the smooth

H. He is part of a great side, the best I have seen for a few years

I. I will enjoy waiting to see how far this team can go.

A couple of really good points there. This team well and truly hold their own, if there's a defeat or two it rarely develops into anything desperate and we soon put things back on track. Bad performances are getting rarer still. This season there's been Mansfield away in the cup (and Witton in the CSC if you wnat to count that) but nothing really stands out. 

We may be at the stage now where we are taking them for granted (certainly recent attendances suggest this).

I will look forwad to seeing how this team can develop, we appear to have a nice blend of young players, under rated ones and players who are well and truly settled with playing part time. It's vital that we and others continue to back them financially through our fund raising schemes and attendances as best as we all can.

A bit of luck in the cups to ease the financial burden and this could be something we could really all enjoy. It's frightening really but just imagine if we'd had Crowell, Johnson and DOughty all season (or pushing it further the resources to add say, James Jennings to the squad)...

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »

The team as an attacking force is far better when Clee plays. He isn't though a straight replacement for Doughty.

So I woundn't fancy him playing wing back against Oxford, Stevenage etc, but I look forward to him raping Eastbourne's right back (again) on Saturday.
Full time and proud of it

Altyant

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »

Ecky was it you or Hughesy telling the young full back that he should done hair dressing for his work experience, during a stoppage in play during the second half

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »

wonder what would have happened if liam brownhill had joined us, (bet he's regretting that now). I prefer the 3 at the back, seasons revelation for me
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nicky Clee