PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendences
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Attendences  (Read 4848 times)

Longman

Attendences
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »

I know it's a bad time economically etc but what is happening to our attendences?

I'm talking home attendences here, our average attendence is bumped up by the the away followings the likes of Luton and Wrexham bring etc.

It seems as we get better on the pitch our attendences get worse, I don't understand it, we are playing much better football, scoring more goals and winning more games than previous seasons but people seem to stay away.

I'm not suggesting I have the answer or anything like that, just interested to know what everyone elses opinions are?  Yesterday was always going to be a fairly low gate with City and United playing and it only being Salisbury but 777 on a Saturday is low!

markecky

Re: Attendences
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »

I wasn't at all surprised by yesterdays attendance.

They are totally linked to United and City.  City would have got plenty of tickets at Hull and United tickets were on open sale for the game yesterday.

Also sorry to say that we would have had some floaters who came against Wrexham last week that would not have been encouraged to come back.

I just wish there was someone out there that would donate £10,000 or something to the club and say that they can only spend it on advertising and marketing.

The problem is also one of perception.

Within our little Alty bubble we are having a superb season.  We are 11th, in with a chance of the playoffs (even if a little far fetched) and not looking over our shoulders to see if FGR are winning or if another team are losing.

However to an outsider we are just boblling along in mid table.

We have to educate people in to what an achievement it is that Alty, a side who train a max of four hours a week, and beating teams that are in 4 days week to work on fitness, set pieces and the like.

As I say, we know that we are having a bloody great season.

To others, its pretty average.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »

I would say it also doesn't help that lots of pubs show Premier League games at 3pm on Saturdays now. We've got so much to compete with - lots of people don't even know what it is to watch football outside of a pub setting.
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »

Some people are of the mind set that still that its non league therefore the standard isnt good , they probbaly havent been to alty for 20 yrs and dont realise the standard ,fitness levels etc has improved alot , not to mention so many full time teams.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »

I would say it also doesn't help that lots of pubs show Premier League games at 3pm on Saturdays now. We've got so much to compete with - lots of people don't even know what it is to watch football outside of a pub setting.

You've got a very good point there.

It's about time someone went round and tipped the word to Sky just how many pubs around Alty are showing Al Jazera TV or whatever channel it is ?

Or did I read somewhere that there is there still some court pending on the legality of it all ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »

Unfortunately, the recession is a key element. Away fans can't afford to travel, or to turn down an offer of overtime. And I'm not the only home supporter who'd be struggling if I hadn't prepaid by season ticket ! It would be interesting if we could analyse what proportion of Mansfield's mega gate yesterday paid less than the going rate. I'd suspect it could be as high as 75% in a town hit harder than most by the economic crisis.

If Mansfield have managed an analysis - not easy I suspect - perhaps Yellowswoop could let us have some feedback ?

william122

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »

it may help if the notice boards put up who we are playing even when we are away from home or put up the results it all adds a bit of interest

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »

Does Alty ever get mentioned on the local Radio TV channels? Not living up that way anymore I dont get to see it.

Telford often get mentioned on local telly Radio around here..

dino

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

to be brutally honest that sort of att against that sort of opposition is about it. Why would any die hard altrincham fan think any different?  This is the whole point about the sort of football being played at moss lane this season.... sure its effective and been successful, but its narrow and pretty uneventful.  Last week i got 4 new supporters to go against wrexham, i doubt any will be back this season, as it was too tepid. We have a great catchment area, but its mighty competitive out there. Yes i know we have no money, but we have a great bunch of honest players who are more than capable of entertaining and holding their own at this level. But they have to be allowed to be more expansive and let the creative players express themselves more .To be fair, yesterday was as open a game as i have seen this season, and long may it continue.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

to be brutally honest that sort of att against that sort of opposition is about it. Why would any die hard altrincham fan think any different?  This is the whole point about the sort of football being played at moss lane this season.... sure its effective and been successful, but its narrow and pretty uneventful.  Last week i got 4 new supporters to go against wrexham, i doubt any will be back this season, as it was too tepid. We have a great catchment area, but its mighty competitive out there. Yes i know we have no money, but we have a great bunch of honest players who are more than capable of entertaining and holding their own at this level. But they have to be allowed to be more expansive and let the creative players express themselves more .To be fair, yesterday was as open a game as i have seen this season, and long may it continue.

I shouldn't really let myself get sucked into replying to this, but I feel like stating the bleedin' obvious...

I'd love to see Alty passing it around like Brazil, but I'm still over the moon if we 'merely' win ... To pass it around like Brazil AND win would be fabulous of course but we can't afford brazilian players.
Salisbury passed it around a bit yesterday didn't they? (Did you enjoy that?) and we banjoed them 5-0. Isn't that good enough for you ffs?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »

To be fair to the team, We played one of the better teams in the BSP last week and we only played as well Wrexham let us... If I went to just one game, I would certainly go at least a couple more times, that way you get a much more better perspective on the quality of football being served up..

If you factor in the money that Wrexham have against our budget then we didnt put in too bad a show...

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »

It hasn't helped that when we've played teams where there's been a good sized crowd (Wimbledon, Chester, Mansfield, Luton, Wrexham) we've played bloody awful and invariably lost (with 2 draws). So everytime these fair weather fans do turn up, they see us play dire. It's unfortunate that all our wins have been against unattractive sides like Histon, Hayes, Gateshead and Salisbury where the crowd's been poor.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »

Talking of advertising, marketing etc. I noticed the display case in Alty leisure centre still had last years fixture calendar still in - does anyone know who to pass this on to, perhaps get a current calendar put in and change the display around a bit to help people notice it again.

Also, Saturday mornings in there are quite busy with parents and kids going to various classes and swimming etc, how about setting up a table one Fri evening and Sat am to promote Alty FC, maybe with Rocky too and perhaps a voucher to get in for £5 or something?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

The attendence at the same fixture last year was 1002 with 33 from Salisbury played on the 6th september, Could the weather play apart as well??
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 09:59:56 PM »

One other thing to consider is that this was our third consecutive Saturday home game. Hayes was our first home game of the year and Wrexham is a big local affair. The attendance for Salisbury at home was always going to suffer in this situation.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendences