PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendences
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attendences  (Read 4847 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attendences
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

The attendence at the same fixture last year was 1002 with 33 from Salisbury played on the 6th september, Could the weather play apart as well??

But where United and City both playing at the same time ?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 10:19:55 PM »

The attendence at the same fixture last year was 1002 with 33 from Salisbury played on the 6th september, Could the weather play apart as well??

But where United and City both playing at the same time ?

No google is my friend England match
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_2940299,00.html
@AltyDaz

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

The same thing happened last year, our home attendances slipped in jan/feb/march. Although we had a good attandance against wrexham, many of our fans only seem to come against more well known opposition, such as luton, wrexham and chester.

Our highest of the season (1821 v wrexham, compared to over 2,600 for last season), was followed by our 2nd lowest against salisbury. Currently our attendances are up by 1% as compared to last season (1096 compared to 1081)

depending on our finish to the season, and whether we manage to challenge for the play-offs could increase latter attendance.

The main problem we have are united and city. Added to other sporting / events in and around manchester, then its difficult to attract the numbers week in week out we need to further our rise, and continued development.

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

to be brutally honest that sort of att against that sort of opposition is about it. Why would any die hard altrincham fan think any different?  This is the whole point about the sort of football being played at moss lane this season.... sure its effective and been successful, but its narrow and pretty uneventful.  Last week i got 4 new supporters to go against wrexham, i doubt any will be back this season, as it was too tepid. We have a great catchment area, but its mighty competitive out there. Yes i know we have no money, but we have a great bunch of honest players who are more than capable of entertaining and holding their own at this level. But they have to be allowed to be more expansive and let the creative players express themselves more .To be fair, yesterday was as open a game as i have seen this season, and long may it continue.

If we had played an expansive game all season I'd be willing to bet serious cash we'd be lower down the table. I want to play the best stuff we possibly can whilst getting results. I don't, as someone else said, want to see us do a Salisbury and pop the ball about beautiful whilst getting destroyed 5-0.

We don't have a great catchment area at all. We're a medium sized town, with two absolutely enormous football clubs down the road. Then there's more competition from the relatively local FL clubs that are Stockport County and Macclesfield Town.

The United and City factor is the biggest obstacle to increased attendances, though some of our FA Cup gates would suggest to me that if we were genuine playoff contenders we'd probably be looking at average crowds of 2,000 or more. It would be frigging marvellous to be in with a shot of the playoffs towards the end of the season when we entertain some sides going for the title. Full houses could be on the cards.

Longman

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

The same thing happened last year, our home attendances slipped in jan/feb/march. Although we had a good attandance against wrexham, many of our fans only seem to come against more well known opposition, such as luton, wrexham and chester.

Our highest of the season (1821 v wrexham, compared to over 2,600 for last season), was followed by our 2nd lowest against salisbury. Currently our attendances are up by 1% as compared to last season (1096 compared to 1081)

depending on our finish to the season, and whether we manage to challenge for the play-offs could increase latter attendance.

The main problem we have are united and city. Added to other sporting / events in and around manchester, then its difficult to attract the numbers week in week out we need to further our rise, and continued development.

I'm referring to our home attendences though, average attendences are important in terms of revenue but my concern is the seemingly lower home attendences we seem to be getting this season compared to last season and the one before even?

tottenham alty

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »

Since the Conference went two up-two down, there is obviously clubs whose attendances are way above the rest. I'd say our attendances are satisfactory all things considered (although obviously more support is always welcome).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Since the Conference went two up-two down, there is obviously clubs whose attendances are way above the rest. I'd say our attendances are satisfactory all things considered (although obviously more support is always welcome).

Taking into account the state of the economy etc., I think we're doing ok. We always used to be one of the bottom three or four average attendance-wise (I think) but there are now 7 or 8 teams with lower average gates than us.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendences