News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty in When Saturday Comes

Author Topic: Alty in When Saturday Comes  (Read 1980 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:01:17 AM »

If anyone has got he current January edition as I have (not sure how long it will be out for as Febs is out soon) there is a regular double page photo feature which this month is from the Chester v Alty game, mainly about Chester's woes - pics of not very busy club shop, disgruntled home fans etc but it does show the aftermath of our 1st or 2nd goal (McAliskey and Clee) and the main photo is one of Chester fans heading to the exits whilst Alty fans applaud at the final whistle. I wasn't there so can't tell where everyone was and while most aren't visible I can clealy see Steve from Sale, Brian and Carly Read and John Gill.

Also there are 2 letters about the Birmingham article in the letters section. One from Graham Rowley of Doncaster  ???   about the Villa song and one from a Brimingham fan (Rob Harris, Birmingham) basically saying it gets no recognition cos Birmingham are toss.

There is also a photo with the caption 'Altrincham score and a new song is born'. However the photo is one of someone in a red and black shirt scoring a chaotic scrambled goal against Birmingham from sometime possibly circa late 70's.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty in When Saturday Comes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »

There are also more people in the crowd just in that photo than were at St Andrews that night.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 12:15:49 AM »

And I'd say the action photo is from just after Little's header, from where the keeper's ended up.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:28:47 AM »

I think we've been featured in the letters section for 3 consecutive editions now - it started with someone (whose name I forget) complaining that we don't get credit for beating Birmingham in 86.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »

I wrote a letter to the Daily Mail when they mentioned Hereford & Sutton in a paragraph about giant-killings. Needless to say I did not see it in print.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »

If anyone has got he current January edition as I have (not sure how long it will be out for as Febs is out soon) there is a regular double page photo feature which this month is from the Chester v Alty game, mainly about Chester's woes - pics of not very busy club shop, disgruntled home fans etc but it does show the aftermath of our 1st or 2nd goal (McAliskey and Clee) and the main photo is one of Chester fans heading to the exits whilst Alty fans applaud at the final whistle. I wasn't there so can't tell where everyone was and while most aren't visible I can clealy see Steve from Sale, Brian and Carly Read and John Gill.

Also there are 2 letters about the Birmingham article in the letters section. One from Graham Rowley of Doncaster  ???   about the Villa song and one from a Brimingham fan (Rob Harris, Birmingham) basically saying it gets no recognition cos Birmingham are toss.

There is also a photo with the caption 'Altrincham score and a new song is born'. However the photo is one of someone in a red and black shirt scoring a chaotic scrambled goal against Birmingham from sometime possibly circa late 70's.

The picture relating to Alty scoring is actually Fulham's winner against Birmingham in the 1975 FA Cup semi-final - the one referred to in Graham Rowley's letter.  There's a youtube link to it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNgImKnO2E&feature=PlayList&p=9B68C18A75A6CCD7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team