News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It could be worse...

Author Topic: It could be worse...  (Read 1696 times)

Dougals Dad

It could be worse...
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »

we could be Chester City....

"Chester First says that "Chester City's perilous position today reached an intolerable situation... I understand that Blues boss Jim Harvey and his squad of players gathered at the Deva Stadium yesterday where they expected to meet newly appointed director of football, Morell Maison. But Maison, who was formerly in charge at Kettering and Halesowen Town, failed to show up apparently because he was told he wouldn’t receive his requested expenses to cover his journey to and from Birmingham.

I also understand that Chester’s players, who haven’t been paid for the last two months, have now been told to stay away from the club and if they can find a new club they are then free to leave the Blues... Jim Harvey and his squad have been left totally in the dark about recent developments behind the scenes at the club and nobody seems to be certain whether Chester will be able to fulfill the remainder of their fixtures... City’s next game isn’t until Saturday, January 16, when they have a league fixture at Crawley Town.

Harvey said: 'I can’t plan anything because of the bad weather conditions... I haven’t had chance to speak to Morell Maison since I first met him at our last match on Boxing Day... I’m aware he has come to the club as Chester’s director of football, but I don’t know any more than that'..." Main site.

Several Chester players including John Danby, Nick Chadwick, James Owen and Anthony Barry, are being linked with moves away from the club
I'd ask if we can afford any, but we can pay more than the zilch they are getting from the Deva.

My dad is a Chester man born & bred - he is heartbroken at the situation. It is a disgrace and a shame in equal measures.

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: It could be worse...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »

I think you can leave it at "It could be worse, we could be Chester City" :D

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »

it goes from farce to fiasco calling at the follwoing major stations : cock up, error of jugement, corruption and ludicrous.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »

it goes from farce to fiasco calling at the follwoing major stations : cock up, error of jugement, corruption and ludicrous.

It is ironic that Northwich is a station on the Chester line!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:30:21 PM »

As is Altrincham - your point being?

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 05:23:10 AM »

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It could be worse...