News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Difference in the day jobs.

Author Topic: Difference in the day jobs.  (Read 2731 times)

AltyIan

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »

When you really think about tonights result, it really  is unbelievable that we've come away with the win.

At 2 o'clock today the Altrincham players will have been in the day job workng hard, grafting whilst the Wrexham boys will have been concentrating on the game ahead. The fact that the boys have gone into tonight after a hard and long days work and got the result really is a testament to them as professionals.

There is a massive difference between semi pro and professional performance and with tonights result we will keep closing that gap.

Quality boys.

markecky

Re: Difference in the day jobs.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »

Thats a good post.

Whilst we often mention the part time, train once or twice a week scenario that work bit gets forgotten.

I know that Stuart will have been shifting ladders round and stuff (think he calls it management) at the hire place whilst these lads were probably having some pasta.

I have never seen such poor full time players.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »

When you really think about tonights result, it really  is unbelievable that we've come away with the win.

At 2 o'clock today the Altrincham players will have been in the day job workng hard, grafting whilst the Wrexham boys will have been concentrating on the game ahead. The fact that the boys have gone into tonight after a hard and long days work and got the result really is a testament to them as professionals.

There is a massive difference between semi pro and professional performance and with tonights result we will keep closing that gap.

Quality boys.

Well said.

WELL DONE LADS!

tottenham alty

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »

There is no way we would be where we are in the league if we had an inferiority complex of any kind. The fact is the lads know they are good football players and will show it on the pitch.

Great post, great win, COMON ALTY!!!!!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »

I got in freetonight and sat in the directors box and the people in my car agree with me when i said we should be winning games like this 5-0.

1-0 is just not good enough.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 12:00:32 AM »

I got in freetonight and sat in the directors box and the people in my car agree with me when i said we should be winning games like this 5-0.

1-0 is just not good enough.
:D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team