Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Applying for entry to the football league?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Applying for entry to the football league?  (Read 7345 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Applying for entry to the football league?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

Fair enough, paying the £900 bond is something we should do as a matter of routine. However, this talk of which players would be good enough for League 2 is a little ahead of time.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »

Fair enough, paying the £900 bond is something we should do as a matter of routine. However, this talk of which players would be good enough for League 2 is a little ahead of time.

Oh see what you mean.

Maybe we have paid it?

Can anyone confirm?

taxi Phil

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »

And noting that word "bond".........is it refundable if we don't qualify ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

And noting that word "bond".........is it refundable if we don't qualify ?

That had also occurred to me. I would be amazed if the club hasn't already attended to this.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »

I was talking to a kidderminster supporting friend of mine about both our seasons,with both clubs doing pretty well so far.He mentioned that clubs wanting to gain entry to the football league at the end of the season have to apply to enter.I didnt realise clubs still had to apply,but he says that the deadline for applying is next week.This may be a little premature, and only a pipedream at the moment,but does anyone know if Alty have applied to join the football league? Im presuming we will have done.There is a deposit  or bond of about £900 required apparently.But if you dont apply by next week, then you cannot take part in the playoffs,even if you finish in the top 5.Can someone clarify if this is the case, and wether or not the club has applied? Even one season in the footballl league as a part time side would be a dream for all supporters,and set the club up financially even if in West Brom style we came straight back down,due to the payments you get as a football league club.Probably getting a little giddy after a couple of wins, but it would be terrible to finish in the top five and miss a place in the league yet again.

Congratulations, Ledbury - or whoever you are - this must count as the biggest "chomp" we're ever likely to see on the forum.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »

Little bit of an update from someone more knowledgeable than me on this.

There is definitely a fee to be paid and you have to apply and pay it if you want to be considered for the playoffs/promotion.   Seems like the Conferences best kept secret that!

As for whether we have paid it or not then I don't know.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

wouldnt we earn a few quid by the mere fact of getting into the playoffs anyway.. Plus there is the extra gate money from the playoff matches.

Personally I think it may be unlikely but certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we could end up in the top 5 this season..

As I said  in an early post, there arent too many teams in this league that would worry me too much..

Isnt it nice to be discussing this rather than scratching around for points down the bottom of the league,
It's certainly worthy of discussion and just proves how far the club has come in the last few seasons

Long may this present situation  remain

Cmon Alty.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »

I was talking to a kidderminster supporting friend of mine about both our seasons,with both clubs doing pretty well so far.He mentioned that clubs wanting to gain entry to the football league at the end of the season have to apply to enter.I didnt realise clubs still had to apply,but he says that the deadline for applying is next week.This may be a little premature, and only a pipedream at the moment,but does anyone know if Alty have applied to join the football league? Im presuming we will have done.There is a deposit  or bond of about £900 required apparently.But if you dont apply by next week, then you cannot take part in the playoffs,even if you finish in the top 5.Can someone clarify if this is the case, and wether or not the club has applied? Even one season in the footballl league as a part time side would be a dream for all supporters,and set the club up financially even if in West Brom style we came straight back down,due to the payments you get as a football league club.Probably getting a little giddy after a couple of wins, but it would be terrible to finish in the top five and miss a place in the league yet again.

Congratulations, Ledbury - or whoever you are - this must count as the biggest "chomp" we're ever likely to see on the forum.

I'm man enough to admit I was hopelessly wrong on this one! Apologies all round - and a Goodwin to Ledbury.  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »

I still cannot believe the conference operates this system.

Are you telling me there has never been a team that has had a bad start to the season therefore not apply to be in the football league then hitting an amazing run and reaching the play-offs?? Surely someone would have been caught out before and we would have heard of this?

Why do they need a bag of sand up front for this? Why couldn't you just give the money on qualification?

Stinks to me unless you get the money back? Surely it would be part of the registration fee to be in the league each year?

Sceptic, yes I am.

Well reading all the rest of the posts it would seem this is the situation, another bizarre concept from the Conference.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:06:59 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

York Alty

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »

rocky rocky rocky

Don't you go pretending you don't know the conference is run by a set of space monkeys.  all the rules ccome out of their backsides on an ad-hoc basis.

They should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute years ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Applying for entry to the football league?