Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Applying for entry to the football league?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Applying for entry to the football league?  (Read 7348 times)

Longman

Re: Applying for entry to the football league?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »

I reckon we are well capable of a top 5 finish.. Kettering lost Exodus Geoghan to Peterborough today, he was a part of the spine of Kettering and they will miss him big time. like Hughesy says, If we can keep the squad reasonably free from injury and suspension I havent seen many teams who would trouble us that much..

That's our problem though - strength in depth, because our squad is so small we struggle when we get just 1 or 2 key players injured, as we've seen thus far this season.

I'm worried that will be our downfall over the course of the season, although obviously I hope not!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »

Get the home form going, and we are in with a chance.
You can count on my tenner.
COME ON. ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »

Surely you don't have to pay to be in the playoffs!!

I think we have to pay if we want to apply for the Football League next year? If we end up in the play offs and haven't payed this stupid fee thing, then there is no point us participating as we wont be allowed entry even if we do win..

Just as a matter of personal interest why is this a STUPID fee thing if, for a very small outlay, it allows a club to progress?

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »

If this is right then you have to think of the £900 asan entrance fee or a membership fee. 

I think the theory is sound but £900 sounds too low for footie.  I reckon such a fee would be nearer to £5k.

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »

That's our problem though - strength in depth, because our squad is so small we struggle when we get just 1 or 2 key players injured, as we've seen thus far this season.

I'm worried that will be our downfall over the course of the season, although obviously I hope not!

Indeed. There are only a couple of positions in which we have genuinely good cover. A few injuries and we're having to bugger around with strikers on the wing and shifting Youngy to left-back, stuff like that.

We're at the mercy of the injury Gods, though if we avoid them I have no doubt we won't be too far away. I still think if we improve upon last season's finish that's a good season, so I'm in dreamland with the way things are going.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »

I think we have to pay if we want to apply for the Football League next year? If we end up in the play offs and haven't payed this stupid fee thing, then there is no point us participating as we wont be allowed entry even if we do win..

Just as a matter of personal interest why is this a STUPID fee thing if, for a very small outlay, it allows a club to progress?

Because the idea that playing in the football league is a privilege for which Conference clubs ought to have to pay is a patronising relic of the re-election days perhaps?

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

i just don't think you should have to pay at all

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »

Okay - I'll go with that but we do already pay for the privilege of playing I believe - affiliation to Cheshire FA, Affilliation to The FA probably some money to play in the Conference too.

Without these affilliations we could not play so it doesn't seem to unreasonable for there to be a fee for playing in the Football League. Also it might, if it were a large enough amount deter timewasters from applying and tbh given the increase in revenue probable i really don't see the problem

MichaelH

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »

How many players in our team are up to League Two standard though?

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »

How many players in our team are up to League Two standard though?

Luton would have stayed in League 2 comfortably were it not for the points deduction. They're hardly pissing this league. In fact, they're not far above us at all.

I reckon we'd have a chance of survival.

fuertes

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:58:02 PM »

Okay - I'll go with that but we do already pay for the privilege of playing I believe - affiliation to Cheshire FA, Affilliation to The FA probably some money to play in the Conference too.

Without these affilliations we could not play so it doesn't seem to unreasonable for there to be a fee for playing in the Football League. Also it might, if it were a large enough amount deter timewasters from applying and tbh given the increase in revenue probable i really don't see the problem

You can be an argumentative bugger, but I think you're right here.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »

I think we're getting so far ahead of ourselves it's untrue!   :)
Come on Alty!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »

Is there a fee for entry to the Champions league?

markecky

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »

I don't think we are mate to be honest.

As I say, I don't think we have the strength in depth to make the playoffs (which we all know the reasons for)

However if we did sneak in then it would set the club back years if we could not take part.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »

Why should any team have to pay to get promoted? If they win the league or win a play-off and have a suitable ground, shouldn't that be enough? Do League Two clubs have to pay such a fee if they want to be eligible for promotion to League One? I doubt it. Affiliation fees are one thing but this just seems of way of getting 20 Conference clubs to pay for something from which only 2 will benefit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Applying for entry to the football league?