Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Applying for entry to the football league?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Applying for entry to the football league?  (Read 7328 times)

Ledbury Robin

« on: November 25, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

I was talking to a kidderminster supporting friend of mine about both our seasons,with both clubs doing pretty well so far.He mentioned that clubs wanting to gain entry to the football league at the end of the season have to apply to enter.I didnt realise clubs still had to apply,but he says that the deadline for applying is next week.This may be a little premature, and only a pipedream at the moment,but does anyone know if Alty have applied to join the football league? Im presuming we will have done.There is a deposit  or bond of about £900 required apparently.But if you dont apply by next week, then you cannot take part in the playoffs,even if you finish in the top 5.Can someone clarify if this is the case, and wether or not the club has applied? Even one season in the footballl league as a part time side would be a dream for all supporters,and set the club up financially even if in West Brom style we came straight back down,due to the payments you get as a football league club.Probably getting a little giddy after a couple of wins, but it would be terrible to finish in the top five and miss a place in the league yet again.

bigcol

Re: Applying for entry to the football league?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

Post of the year!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »

Surely you don't have to pay to be in the playoffs!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »

Surely you don't have to pay to be in the playoffs!!

I think we have to pay if we want to apply for the Football League next year? If we end up in the play offs and haven't payed this stupid fee thing, then there is no point us participating as we wont be allowed entry even if we do win..

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »

Come on apply, we have a chance if we play all our playoff games away from home  :D
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »

You would think its been done,if it needs to be.900 quid is a lot of money,but im sure it could be made available,and if not,im sure as supporters we could muster a grand by next week if they asked!!.It would only need a tenner off 100 of us,and for something so important, you'd pull that in overnight.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »

You would think its been done,if it needs to be.900 quid is a lot of money,but im sure it could be made available,and if not,im sure as supporters we could muster a grand by next week if they asked!!.It would only need a tenner off 100 of us,and for something so important, you'd pull that in overnight.

Definitely

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »

If it's a trip to Wembley we're setting our sights on, there is a very important game coming up on 12th December as well! The added advantage is that it won't cost us £900 to take part and the closer we got to the final of the Trophy, the more money we would receive!

I think we're genuine contenders for the competition this season if our attitude is right.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

On evidence of seeing us in the games with a fully fit squad,i'd say we're very much genuine contenders for a playoff place aswell

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »

[/b]

I would definitely sign up for that.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

Is this £900 on a website anywhere?

I don't think we'll get near the playoffs, I reckon about 10-12th which will be superb.

However stranger things have happened.

Imagine if we scraped 5th and the whole town starts talking about the club and we get two huge games against Luton.

ANd then we announce "ermmmm actually...."

Its a no brainer...if it is needed to be paid it will have been paid I am sure.

Otherwise whats the point in winning games?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »

On evidence of seeing us in the games with a fully fit squad,i'd say we're very much genuine contenders for a playoff place aswell

I'm so excited by this it's unreal!   :)  :)  :)  :)
Come on Alty!

rick

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »

i would defo give a tenner of my money to put to it, if its not been paid, like said befor me can u imagine if we just got in an we havent paid it!!!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

I reckon we are well capable of a top 5 finish.. Kettering lost Exodus Geoghan to Peterborough today, he was a part of the spine of Kettering and they will miss him big time. like Hughesy says, If we can keep the squad reasonably free from injury and suspension I havent seen many teams who would trouble us that much..

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

On the subject of donations, and since all the money essentially goes into the same "pot", if anyone wants to make a donation to the SOS fund you can do so by clicking on the following link:

http://www.freewebs.com/ideas4alty/bucket.htm

Every penny the club receive is money that can be used to strengthen our playoff push in January!
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team