News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Real Ale Pub Crawl

Author Topic: Chester Real Ale Pub Crawl  (Read 3064 times)

Jenga

« on: November 20, 2009, 09:09:55 AM »

I got this from a mate at work who is a Grimsby fan. I have a feeling he just might be visiting Moss Lane next season.

Anyway he went to Chester last year and used the following real ale pub crawl.

I am not sure if we have something planned already but here is a link to the details including map, description of the pubs and locations.

http://www.wcbrewery.com/footballcrawl.html

fuertes

Re: Chester Real Ale Pub Crawl
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

Old Harkers Arms is a favourite of mine and a good starting point. In Ship Victory they're friendly but it's a bit, errr, localish and weird. Telford's Warehouse has a decent selection, although last time I was there the barman was a f**kwit which put me in a bad mood.

I'd say the Bear and Billet is a decent shout for a stop-off. Nice little pub and a rare chance to sup some Isle of Man beers.

prestwichmariner

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:49 AM »

It was a good crawl for us Mariners last year but I doubt you will take quite as many fans as us!!
We did fill two of the four stands which wasnt bad for a club at the bottom of league 2.

And Jenga as I keep telling you its Blue, its square and we're not going there!!!!!

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »

And Jenga as I keep telling you its Blue, its square and we're not going there!!!!!

See you next season, and bring an umbrella with you, you dont get a roof!!!

I cant wait for it.

prestwichmariner

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

The only chance of us playing at your place is if we draw you away in the FA cup but then you will have to reach the first round for that to happen! You will need to order extra beer in though, we are a thirsty lot!

With regards to tomorrow can I suggest a few verses of you're just a small town in Wales. This seemed to get the home fans interested!!

And finally I hope they haven't been fertilizing the fields at the back of the stadium otherwise you will also be able to use Sh*t ground and it smells of sh*t!!!

Good luck tomorrow and put another nail in the coffin of that bent chairman of theirs.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team