PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Shower of sh*te !!!!  (Read 8380 times)

fuertes

Re: Shower of sh*te !!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

I can't believe that Robbie Williams has not been mentioned on here. In my opinion he played far worse than Young, ok he scored but i think if Young or Welch had that space and sort of delivery to them they would have scored too. He got so bad towards the end i heard alot of the players getting on his back. He always looks so nervous . Anyway enough on him, we got a point, we are 11th and if we keep going we should stay in mid-table and i would be more than happy with that. I do think we are light of a striker and Dale is a big loss, but with our finances we will struggle to get anyone of any worth in. We miss Kearney but what team wouldn't, we all know we can't afford to have cover for someone of his quality. Lets hope when he gets back he is fresh and it lifts the team. One more thing Stu Coburn was magnificent today, he earned us the point and hopefully will carry on this for a long time.

That's Williams second goal from a corner isn't it? We always moan about doing nowt from set-pieces, at least he offers that.

I agree though, he often looks nervous. If Welchy can get himself fit and lean I'd like to see him and Young at centre-half with Smith at RB and Densmore in midfield. Either that or 3-5-2 with Densmore and Doughty wing-backs. Basically, I think I Densmore is wasted at RB, and tbf whilst I like Doughty I prefer him at wing-back or left-midfield than at full-back too.

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

I can't believe that Robbie Williams has not been mentioned on here. In my opinion he played far worse than Young, ok he scored but i think if Young or Welch had that space and sort of delivery to them they would have scored too. He got so bad towards the end i heard alot of the players getting on his back. He always looks so nervous . Anyway enough on him, we got a point, we are 11th and if we keep going we should stay in mid-table and i would be more than happy with that. I do think we are light of a striker and Dale is a big loss, but with our finances we will struggle to get anyone of any worth in. We miss Kearney but what team wouldn't, we all know we can't afford to have cover for someone of his quality. Lets hope when he gets back he is fresh and it lifts the team. One more thing Stu Coburn was magnificent today, he earned us the point and hopefully will carry on this for a long time.

That's Williams second goal from a corner isn't it? We always moan about doing nowt from set-pieces, at least he offers that.

I agree though, he often looks nervous. If Welchy can get himself fit and lean I'd like to see him and Young at centre-half with Smith at RB and Densmore in midfield. Either that or 3-5-2 with Densmore and Doughty wing-backs. Basically, I think I Densmore is wasted at RB, and tbf whilst I like Doughty I prefer him at wing-back or left-midfield than at full-back too.

boltonrobin

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »

Give Williams a break, he is one of only 5 players to have scored 2 or more goals this season. Isn't it time we found a few more goals from midfieid and up front, which might take a bit of pressure of the back four & Stuart. I'd look nervous every week if I had to defend for 70 mins or more because our midfield and forwards can't keep hold of the ball long enough to give them a break.  Every time the ball went to a midfielder or a forward yesterday, it came straight back again. Rant Over!

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

I think we should lay off williams I agree that he does look nervous on the ball and does tend to rush things but its step up from the welsh premier I remember beating teams like tns 5-0 in when we were in the unibond i think the problem is desnmore at right back I think if we are going to do 4-4-2 then densmore should be right midfeild and denham up front with senior we need someone up there who has a physical presence

Nonleaguer

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

I expect the likes of Williams & Young to score from corners as they are in the opposition box for corners. Note Densmore & Danylyk are always left to cover for them at or about half way line. Hence if you're in the thick of the action the law of averages suggests you will bag a couple.

tpark2

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »

I understand he is making a step up but when Smith and Welch fit i cant see him being anymore than cover at centre half and someone to throw on upfront in the last 5 minutes of games. I was stood on Burns side in the first half and 3 crosses he put in were just begging to be put in the back of the net. I think in the first half he was arguably our best player. But he still looks less than match fit and i think if we give him time he will be quality. Whoever is saying Colin is only an impact player is ridiculous, he still gives us that touch of class and when he is in form he is still one of the best strikers at this level. Maybe he can only cope with 70 minutes now but we dont have many other options up front to give him a rest.

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »

yes I agree when fit it should be welch or smith over williams and maybe thats why he's lacking confidence he'd be wanting to keep that place and he's got the pressure of 2 class players coming back but I feel he is good enough cover and he's young so he's only going to get better

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »

I did not mean to sound like that it was Owens's one and only chance, just thought he did not give much when coming in, he was out of position but felt he could have given a little more heart. I love players giving it there all.

I think you're being a little harsh there Ollie. From my vantage point (Family Stand). I though that whilst he obviously and understandably didn't look a conference midfielder he did try and tackle everything that came his way, he got his big long gangly legs in the way a couple of times and managed to break up the odd attack. He looked eager shall we say.

Burns played well but clearly lacks match fitness as do a few others at the minute. IF we could get him fully fit I reckon we've got a conference standard player there.

Butty

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »

I was actually shocked that we brought on 2 centre halves with not long to go and neither of them ended upfront

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »

Problem is that we have raised the bar to high and now people don't like it when we struggle.

You are spot on...............a lot a people on the forum of late won't remember the Unibond days when we struggled to beat Frickley at home
We currently have three of the best players at the club out injured or suspended and are also carrying players with knocks / not fully fit. We are part time, have no money, but are out of the bottom four.
Reality check and patience needed by some
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

I was happy with a point at the end. ... It stopped a losing run,

The pitch was really heavy and I think the difference between full and part time is accentuated when the pitch is heavy...

Young didnt have his best game, but usually he is a rock.   I thought Danylick and Lawton put in a decent shift today.

Senior was ok but sadly Colin would only be a sub if I picked the team.

Coburn would be the first name on my team sheet. The guy gets us out of the sh*te game after game.

I thought Burns was ok for 45 mins but he was seriously blowing out of his ass when he got took off.

I can only asssume Chrissy Denham is not fully fit after injury otherwise why would GH take him off.

It has to be said Kearney is a big miss in the midfield.

Give the young lad Owen a break he only bloody joined the club about 48 hrs ago.

I wish we could close down the opposition midfield down quicker but as I say that may be down to fitness levels.

Its not the end of the world drawing with FGR they are not a bad team (they battered us 5 - 2 last season)

Keep the faith. We are 11th in the BSP. we would have been singing from the rafters this time last season.

See you at Chester. (if they are still trading)

Cmon Alty.

You shall be known from now on as Ray Wise Distance Traveller
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!