PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shower of sh*te !!!!  (Read 8378 times)

markecky

Re: Shower of sh*te !!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »

Its all about individual opinions.  I think he tired in the second half and I agree he was not effective at all.  I thought you meant all match.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »

Must have been a mistake last time, its been £13 to stand and £15 to sit all year...

She's comparing the price to last season when we got beaten 2-5.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »

Must have been a mistake last time, its been £13 to stand and £15 to sit all year...

She's comparing the price to last season when we got beaten 2-5.

How incredibly stupid of me.  Get ya now.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

In the match I saw in the first half, Aaron Burns chased everything down the left and put it two brilliant crosses.  Other people around me also said how well he was doing so its not just me who is crackers.

I agree Ecky, I thought Burns put some good balls in, worked hard and looked lively.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »

I was happy with a point at the end. ... It stopped a losing run,

The pitch was really heavy and I think the difference between full and part time is accentuated when the pitch is heavy...

Young didnt have his best game, but usually he is a rock.   I thought Danylick and Lawton put in a decent shift today.

Senior was ok but sadly Colin would only be a sub if I picked the team.

Coburn would be the first name on my team sheet. The guy gets us out of the sh*te game after game.

I thought Burns was ok for 45 mins but he was seriously blowing out of his ass when he got took off.

I can only asssume Chrissy Denham is not fully fit after injury otherwise why would GH take him off.

It has to be said Kearney is a big miss in the midfield.

Give the young lad Owen a break he only bloody joined the club about 48 hrs ago.

I wish we could close down the opposition midfield down quicker but as I say that may be down to fitness levels.

Its not the end of the world drawing with FGR they are not a bad team (they battered us 5 - 2 last season)

Keep the faith. We are 11th in the BSP. we would have been singing from the rafters this time last season.

See you at Chester. (if they are still trading)

Cmon Alty.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »

The pitch was really heavy and I think the difference between full and part time is accentuated when the pitch is heavy...
Young didnt have his best game, but usually he is a rock.   I thought Danylick and Lawton put in a decent shift today.
Coburn would be the first name on my team sheet. The guy gets us out of the sh*te game after game.
I thought Burns was ok for 45 mins but he was seriously blowing out of his ass when he got took off.
I can only asssume Chrissy Denham is not fully fit after injury otherwise why would GH take him off.
Give the young lad Owen a break he only bloody joined the club about 48 hrs ago.
I wish we could close down the opposition midfield down quicker but as I say that may be down to fitness levels.
Its not the end of the world drawing with FGR they are not a bad team (they battered us 5 - 2 last season)
Keep the faith. We are 11th in the BSP. we would have been singing from the rafters this time last season.
Cmon Alty.

Good, sensible post. Have a G.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

wonderstuff

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »

How many times must we have to hear this guff that Kearney controls the midfield? Heathcote quite clearly issues instructions to the likes of Danylyk to hold a defensive midfield role rather than be more attacking. Take today, it was obvious that Danylyk in the second half was instructed to stick to Smith to stifle him. For me Clee did more running in the time he was on than Burns did all match! (Unfit and uninterested half the time!) Our defence were certainly left wanting today and the normally so reliant Young was poor (in fact to shout at the crowd who were giving him some stick showed for me that his head was not on the game). Even Colin Little hurled some abuse so it is quite evident that the constant barracking from the side is having a negative impact.

Though I'm not always a big Stu Coburn fan, I must applaud him today for his outstanding contribution which on its own earned us the point. To be fair, if we had put the early chances away in first half (Senior having 2 gilt edged opportunities) the game would have been settled.

Are you the only one that feels this way? I am a massive Coburn fan, and I think most Alty fans are. I'm not 'having a go', just surprised.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 08:19:08 PM »

With Crowell being deported I think Little is now the perfect playmaker.

Never really know with Col if's he's bobbins at times or just on another level. But today showed he's not quick enough.

When Kerney's back that means eiiher Danylyl or Lawton's out so let Little be playmaker for Denham/Senior
Full time and proud of it

tpark2

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »

I can't believe that Robbie Williams has not been mentioned on here. In my opinion he played far worse than Young, ok he scored but i think if Young or Welch had that space and sort of delivery to them they would have scored too. He got so bad towards the end i heard alot of the players getting on his back. He always looks so nervous . Anyway enough on him, we got a point, we are 11th and if we keep going we should stay in mid-table and i would be more than happy with that. I do think we are light of a striker and Dale is a big loss, but with our finances we will struggle to get anyone of any worth in. We miss Kearney but what team wouldn't, we all know we can't afford to have cover for someone of his quality. Lets hope when he gets back he is fresh and it lifts the team. One more thing Stu Coburn was magnificent today, he earned us the point and hopefully will carry on this for a long time.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »

Given that Kearney's absence was self inflicted through poor discipline, why should he stroll back into the team? If the side are picking up points then he should bide his time and perhaps realise the pressure we have been put under due to a moment of recklessness. The manager goes into print about the players having to work for their money then in that case there should be no favourites. The reality however will be somewhat different......

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »

Given that Kearney's absence was self inflicted through poor discipline, why should he stroll back into the team? If the side are picking up points then he should bide his time and perhaps realise the pressure we have been put under due to a moment of recklessness. The manager goes into print about the players having to work for their money then in that case there should be no favourites. The reality however will be somewhat different......

The principle is quite laudable but in practice this has to be a wind up right???

Kearney in midfield allows us to hold onto possession rather than it looking like an outdoor pinball machine which, at times it did today.

No criticism of Robbie or Anthony - that isn't their game. You have to pick the best players you have as and when they are available to you and Tom Kearney falls into the category of our better players

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

The principle is quite laudable but in practice this has to be a wind up right???

Kearney in midfield allows us to hold onto possession rather than it looking like an outdoor pinball machine which, at times it did today.

No criticism of Robbie or Anthony - that isn't their game. You have to pick the best players you have as and when they are available to you and Tom Kearney falls into the category of our better players

Agreed Phil, Tom Kearney is clearly one of the first names on the teamsheet when available.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 08:33:29 AM »

Though I'm not always a big Stu Coburn fan,

UNBELIEVER!!!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »

I did not mean to sound like that it was Owens's one and only chance, just thought he did not give much when coming in, he was out of position but felt he could have given a little more heart. I love players giving it there all. To add to the Burns debate, I thought in the first half he put in 2 or 3 quality crosses, the best all season, which I have not seen from Clee. I still think we need another left winger, get Logan back ha ha

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »

Cmon Alty.

Top post. Goodwin-worthy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!