PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shower of sh*te !!!!  (Read 8379 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Shower of sh*te !!!!
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »

Formation was completely wrong second half. Should have stuck with 4-4-2 with Col and Senior upfront, there one two’s in the 1st half caused a lot of problems. I am guessing Graham changed it to stop there midfield from playing, but it just did not work. In that second half apart from Little dropping deep we had no player that could slow the game and pass the ball around in Midfield. Lawton was OK, but him and Danylyk can not take control of games, they just panic and kick the ball. Owens looked as if he didn’t want to be on the pitch and looked lost to be fair. Guessing Denham was struggling because if not then it was another crap sub because he was awesome in the first half. Densmore’s season is getting worst, he was horrendous today for the whole 90mins,he deserves to be dropped from the team for a while until he sorts his head out. Only problem with that is Smith would have to go there and we need his pace at centre half. I am really wasting my money at the moment watching this sh*te, we were yards of there players and the pace second half, the commitment in closing down there men was poor. First 30 mins we closed down well, after that we were lazy. Players need to look at themselves and start playing with some f**king heart !!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shower of sh*te !!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »

Having said all that i thought coburn was outstanding again today he basically earnt us another point
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »

Poor performance from Alty toady apart from Coburn. We can count ourselves lucky with a point because they completely controlled the 2nd half and carved us open numerous times. Youngy had an absolute stinker, he was skinned at least 3 times and had it not been for some great saves from Stuart and their poor finishing we could have been looking at a scoreline like last seasons.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »

AND TO ADD INSULT IT COST AN EXTRA £1 TO GET IN !!

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »

Problem is that we have raised the bar to high and now people don't like it when we struggle.

Without Kearney we have no clue in midfield so everything has to go long.  The ball doesn't stick up front.

Lets not write Owens off after 20 mins in an unfamilar position.  I know we write people off here after 20 mins as par for the course but at least let them have a go where they play.

FGR were the better team for 70 mins today.  In the other 20 we looked like we had enough to bury them.  We didn't play well today.  I actually thought they looked OK and they won't go down.

As Wayne said, credit to Stuart for getting us a point today.  Mention for Aaron Burns as well, in the first half he was excellent.

We did get a point today by the way.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »

Agreed
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »

AND TO ADD INSULT IT COST AN EXTRA £1 TO GET IN !!

Eh?

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »

Don't judge Owens in 20 minutes of game, we did that with Clee and he has improved 200%.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »

Cost me £14 in the stand last time & £15 today!

Anyway big problem to me appears to be lack of passion and commitment not just team selection. We could have been clean out of sight if we had carried onlike the first 20 mins but we sat back and to be fair like everyones saying FGR did play good attacking football but -  god knows what would have happened had they scored the sitter they missed after 5 secs!! They just kept going and pressing up.

Colin's no more than an impact player now - last 20 mins only I'm afraid we can't afford to live on his past exploits,

markecky

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »

Must have been a mistake last time, its been £13 to stand and £15 to sit all year...

Joe Wood

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »

Only Alty could not sustain a 2 nil lead against FGR...

Nonleaguer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 06:10:34 PM »

How many times must we have to hear this guff that Kearney controls the midfield? Heathcote quite clearly issues instructions to the likes of Danylyk to hold a defensive midfield role rather than be more attacking. Take today, it was obvious that Danylyk in the second half was instructed to stick to Smith to stifle him. For me Clee did more running in the time he was on than Burns did all match! (Unfit and uninterested half the time!) Our defence were certainly left wanting today and the normally so reliant Young was poor (in fact to shout at the crowd who were giving him some stick showed for me that his head was not on the game). Even Colin Little hurled some abuse so it is quite evident that the constant barracking from the side is having a negative impact.

Though I'm not always a big Stu Coburn fan, I must applaud him today for his outstanding contribution which on its own earned us the point. To be fair, if we had put the early chances away in first half (Senior having 2 gilt edged opportunities) the game would have been settled.

jimbo

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 06:25:58 PM »

but unfair on col little he well in dropping deep and set up some good chances.maybe if he had the chances he would of took them .thats wat hes good at.anyway a point is better than none

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »

I think I'll call it a day for tonight.

In the match I saw in the first half, Aaron Burns chased everything down the left and put it two brilliant crosses.  Other people around me also said how well he was doing so its not just me who is crackers.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »

As I have always believed football is about individual opinions, everyone is entitled to theirs and I would not suggest anything different but from my own viewpoint in the second half Burns had little impact and appart from a bursting run prior to being substituted appear lazy and lacklustre.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shower of sh*te !!!!