PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Antonio Bryan
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Antonio Bryan  (Read 7124 times)

Narcissist

Re: Antonio Bryan
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »

That is the first and last time Carlos Logan and Antonio Bryan will ever be compared to Diego Forlan.

I thought Bryan was a bit lightweight for us. Weve got Chris Denham who can do a much better job, and Senior can operate on the flanks too. We need a striker and on our budget I very much doubt we can afford the luxury of giving Antonio Bryan a contract in the hope that he can be sold next year.

We had Tierney last year and he had top pedigree but he didnt give us anything better than what we had, so whats the point in unsettling a fragile squad? Get rid and use the money for someone else.

I must say, another defender isnt what I had in mind.

Butty

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »

Adam, it isn't as simple as that, a club like we are at this time just simply doesnt have the money to go flashing round contracts to every Tom Dick or Antonio that turns up. If you want to see something like this happening, try dipping into your pocket at collection time.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »

Attitude is key to our team, on paper we don't have the funds to compete skill wise so a positive get stuck in attitude is a must for every player, we must have players who can dig in and look to get a good result away such as rushden, oxford etc.
I can deny rumours that I am also Antonio Bryan.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:39:19 AM »

Unfortunatly we can't afford to have players sitting in reserve on a contract with a bad attitude hoping we can get more than we have paid for them in a years time....which is a gamble.

We need players who can do a job for us now.

If we want a transfer fee we have to put them on a contract which means they have to be paid weekly whether they play or not and they have to be under contract when we sell them, and we can't afford to do that and chances are no-one will want them until they'll just walk away at the end of the contract as players out of contract available on a free are ten a penny at various times the problem them becomes their wages.

Does that makes things clearer?...this isn't football manager 09 you know! this is a real club with directors who do a very good job and we have no divine right to expect them to put money into the club..that's the dinosaur way and leads to horrendous problems.

I also am not antonio.....but I have been mistaken for Denis Irwin in the past.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »

Unfortunatly we can't afford to have lambs sitting in reserve on a contract with a bad attitude hoping we can get them to frolick in a field in a years time....which is a gambol.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »

Unfortunatly we can't afford to have lambs sitting in reserve on a contract with a bad attitude hoping we can get them to frolick in a field in a years time....which is a gambol.

Baa, another woolly minded Liberal.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »

Baa, another woolly minded Liberal.

The irony is Jennifer's Mum is the Liberal Councillor in the family - or, as I call her, "A namby pamby Guardian reading Pinko Liberal!"

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

We had Tierney last year and he had top pedigree but he didnt give us anything better than what we had,

Indeed, and whilst Aaron Burns has played well in parts (I like him but can see why some don't) and Scott Moffat put a reasonable shift in against Chester the lads we have picked up from Man Utd over the years have been ineffective to say the least. Whether this is attitude or just being put into the treu harsh world of professional open age football, I don't know. Maybe they just aren't good enough, hence why Utd released them. Michael Twiss is the only one who I can think off who actually went on to do well, him and Rosey.

Ben Williams did well at Crewe somehow, Dave Gardner and Kirk Hilton did ok for us I guess.

Bryan, Tierney, Marc Whiteman, Mark Rawlinson,

tpark2

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »

Aaron Burns was at United untill he was 18 i think

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

the reason they dont prefrom well could be the huge change in style. we see this all the time in cups the lower level opposition playing a much more physical game and they dont like it so coming from a premier club to us takes a lot of adapting and the whole attitude could play a part as they will just give up and move on
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Antonio Bryan