PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Antonio Bryan
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Antonio Bryan  (Read 7125 times)

adambaje the robin 14

Antonio Bryan
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »

Now im not sure if there was something else to do with it, but i just dont understand what graham heathcote thinks he is doing.  Im not saying i know everything behind the scenes but why on earth did graham decide to release antonio bryan, a player who played for manchester united youth team, a very good prospect, and graham decided not to play him. He could have kept him for a season then sold him, for a decent amount of money.  It was the same with carlos logan, he didnt get played and he moved on to barrow, now look at him, ppl are saying that he could be on his way to an unnamed league 2 team.

Please post what you think about it, maybe telling me something i didnt know about this, any post welcome :-\

joe

Re: Antonio Bryan
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »

The word 'attitude' springs to mind!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »

he played him once against oxford adam

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »

why on earth did graham decide to release antonio bryan,

Probably for the same reason Taggart did - his attitude wasn't right.
Come on Alty!

adambaje the robin 14

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

Well maybe his attitude wasnt right and graham didnt want him but wat i cant understand is the reason he released him adn didnt try and force a sale because many teams would want an ex man utd player in there side.  Even if it wasnt a lot of money, its still some to add to our transfer budget, but he keeps releasing people and then we cant get any new faces in. I dont know  :-\

And also does anyone know what is the "fashion" of one month contracts and non contract terms because alty seem to do a lot of them

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »

And also does anyone know what is the "fashion" of one month contracts and non contract terms because alty seem to do a lot of them

They are a good idea because they stop clubs like Alty from getting lumbered with people who are not good enough/not committed enough to the cause. People like Antonio Bryan.

See, it all begins to make sense when you think about it......
Come on Alty!

adambaje the robin 14

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:40:04 PM »

yes i know where you are coming from, and not many ppl are and it is a good idea, but when there is someone who comes along and is good, someone will be able to see the talent and snap him up before alty can even touch him, adn what i am getting at is that alty need to be quicker at recognizing potential otherwise they wont get anywhere

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »

That's the chance you take when you don't have much money I suppose.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »

yes i know where you are coming from, and not many ppl are and it is a good idea, but when there is someone who comes along and is good, someone will be able to see the talent and snap him up before alty can even touch him, adn what i am getting at is that alty need to be quicker at recognizing potential otherwise they wont get anywhere

Are you Antonio Bryan?

adambaje the robin 14

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »

i suppose.

Does anyone think of an idea that alty could do to recognize the potential.  Do people think the board should maybe put a bit more money into the club, maybe just for scouting??? please tell me what you think

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »

If you'd showed a bit of willing on tuesday,you might have got a gig,i showed more willing than you,and it cost me a tenner! This is altrincham fc, not the red lion sunday side.

adambaje the robin 14

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:02:56 PM »

mate what are you talkin about i went to the game on tuesday, ive been to every home game this season, ive been to mansfield ,barrow adn oxford away so u cant say anythin mate

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »

To be fair bud amount of games you have been to means cock all. And don't argue with hughesy about things like that as he has probably been to more games/the same amount as most people here.

I didn't see the guy play so i can't comment. That is not because I didnt want to, being a long way away is a major factor. In the past 6 seasons i have had a season ticket, and been to a hell of a lot of away games. Justbecause i have missed most games this year doesn't mean i can't disregard what you say as total bollocks, especially when there are people on here that i know/talk to/ used to see fairly regularly who also give match reports/ updates/ opinions/ thoughts about certain players who i would listen to over you.

Sort it out son.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:38:20 PM by Aberystwyth Alty »

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »

Hughsey is joking about you being Antonio Bryan...keep up

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:25 AM »

I saw Bryan at Oxford and he was a total waste of space - and I got criticised on this forum for judging a player on one game. Graham will know if his attitude was a problem or not.
Logan was useless when he played for us. Sometimes good players just dont fit into certain teams (and I am not saying that I classify Logan as a good player).
The classic was Diego Forlan - top goalscorer when Independiente won the Argentine title, a flop at United, then top scorer in La Liga for the two seasons after he left OT.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Antonio Bryan