News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robert Enke dead

Author Topic: Robert Enke dead  (Read 2949 times)

baldrick

Robert Enke dead
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »

German international and ex Barcelona keeper Robert Enke throws himself under a train

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20091110/tts-uk-soccer-germany-enke-death-ca02f96.html

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Enke dead
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »

Terrible situation to be in, but have another thought for the poor train driver and various people who literally have to pick up the pieces. What's wrong with a bag of tablets, bottle and bed, less people traumatised. Sorry but its selfish. Even better get some help, talk to the right people, things can be rock bottom but there is surely always a route back. God bless him anyway.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:09 PM »

Terrible. My thoughts go out to his family.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

Bit of an overreaction to a poor alty performance and going out of the csc....sorry bad taste

Yes sad news but it happens and I'll bet the train driver wont be the same again.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

Terrible situation to be in, but have another thought for the poor train driver and various people who literally have to pick up the pieces. What's wrong with a bag of tablets, bottle and bed, less people traumatised. Sorry but its selfish. Even better get some help, talk to the right people, things can be rock bottom but there is surely always a route back. God bless him anyway.

I appreciate the train driver will probably be very badly affected by this, but what you say is very much of a simplification.  It is very easy for a rational & intelligent outsider to say this, but poor old Enke was not in a rational state.

When you feel such dispair you are looking for the quickest and most effective way of ending it all and you do not think that anyone can help. I know there is a route back, but in mid August I didn't and, if it was not for a couple of very twinkle toed Glasgow policemen I would not be able to type this.

You are right in that there is a route back and very good people to help - I am a living example - but it is very difficult for someone who has not been there to understand just how hopeless & helpless you can feel.

It will be very difficult for Enke's friends & family, but I hope they can understand that there was never anything personal in the action of poor Enke.

I hope he is at peace now.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

that's horrible, hope he's at peace now. thinking of his family and friends

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

I appreciate the train driver will probably be very badly affected by this, but what you say is very much of a simplification.  It is very easy for a rational & intelligent outsider to say this, but poor old Enke was not in a rational state.

When you feel such dispair you are looking for the quickest and most effective way of ending it all and you do not think that anyone can help. I know there is a route back, but in mid August I didn't and, if it was not for a couple of very twinkle toed Glasgow policemen I would not be able to type this.

You are right in that there is a route back and very good people to help - I am a living example - but it is very difficult for someone who has not been there to understand just how hopeless & helpless you can feel.

It will be very difficult for Enke's friends & family, but I hope they can understand that there was never anything personal in the action of poor Enke.

JD exactly this is someone who thought there was absolutely no way back, there always is but when you are in that dark place you are unable to see it.

on a side note, JD i'm sure i speak for all on this site and in the altrincham fc family when i say those two policemen deserve a medal!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM »

JD exactly this is someone who thought there was absolutely no way back, there always is but when you are in that dark place you are unable to see it.

on a side note, JD i'm sure i speak for all on this site and in the altrincham fc family when i say those two policemen deserve a medal!

Thankyou

NauticaPete

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »

A real tragedy...I can't begin to understand how he must have been feeling. Btw he was a very decent keeper, was unlucky to have Kahn in front of him in the pecking order for so long. Maybe not world's best, but would easily have got in the England team.
It must be awful for his team mates; I have a felling that they will play better now

NauticaPete

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:39:56 PM »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

Depression is a terrible thing.  Before my wife had bad post natal depression I thought it was just people being pissed off.  I naively thought that people with depression should "pull themselves together, always someone worse off etc etc".

From her experiences I know realise that depression is out of peoples control. No one would want to feel like that.

Its an emotive subject for sure...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robert Enke dead