PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Northwich Vics
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Well Done Northwich Vics  (Read 13786 times)

mikeford2005

Re: Well Done Northwich Vics
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »

How much cash will they have generated? TV + Gate Receipts + Prize Money = Circa £100,000? How much do they owe again? I vaguely remember a figure of about half a million...

Well they'll have approx £40k so far from prize money. The Tv money will be approx £65k per game, so if its true they're on again in the second round that will be £170k without taking into account gate receipts, Tv highlights/(radio coverage??), and im sure they'll have got a lot of extra sponsorship for the two games! I bet they'll make over quarter of a million from it.(and that's presuming they lose!)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

I heard they got a shirt sponsorship deal from BET365 as well whihc must have been worth quite a bit.
Come on Alty!

vics lad

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »

The fact the game was on a sunday and on TV hampered the attendance greatly, had it been Saturday at 3.00 it would have been nearer 3000, luckily the next round is on TV but it is on Saturday this time so hopefully a bigger crowd, thanks for the congratulations anyway :) good luck for the rest of you season..

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »

From what I recall from previous seasons the value of the sponsorship to Non League Clubs from Bet-365 is actually minimal in real terms

mikeford2005

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »

The fact the game was on a sunday and on TV hampered the attendance greatly, had it been Saturday at 3.00 it would have been nearer 3000, luckily the next round is on TV but it is on Saturday this time so hopefully a bigger crowd, thanks for the congratulations anyway :) good luck for the rest of you season..

I think you're missing the point here. firstly the fact you can't get much over 2100 for your biggest game in along time beggers belief, but also that you feel disappointed it was on tv. It cost you 900 people. Come on, we're talking 9k vs 65k!!
As much as it hurts to say, many congratulations, all alty fans would like a result like that at the moment.

fuertes

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »

I think you're missing the point here. firstly the fact you can't get much over 2100 for your biggest game in along time beggers belief, but also that you feel disappointed it was on tv. It cost you 900 people. Come on, we're talking 9k vs 65k!!
As much as it hurts to say, many congratulations, all alty fans would like a result like that at the moment.

True.

I bet if we'd drawn Charlton we'd have got 3,000+  >:(

Graham

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 09:13:34 AM »

From what I recall from previous seasons the value of the sponsorship to Non League Clubs from Bet-365 is actually minimal in real terms

I heard it was £15k as a one off although this maybe extended now.

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »

True.

I bet if we'd drawn Charlton we'd have got 3,000+  >:(

What did we get against Luton and Millwall?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »

It's a moot point really because we didn't play them and Vics did. Any debate over "what we'd have got" is completely immaterial. 2,100 at a game that took place is better than 3,000+ in a ficticious game that didn't happen.

However, for what it's worth you can bet your arse the tv coverage would have knocked 4-500 of our attendance as was probably the case at Vics on Sunday.
Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »

Incidentally, I wonder how many of the floating fans have been put off by the fact that a traditional town club like vics has been taken to the slaughter house by I cant count how many brainless chairmen over recent years. I guess a lot of the charm has been replaced by despair. Anyone with any sense knows that Rushe will not use this a springboard to financial security, more likely a bargaining tool to seek more resources that cant be justified in the long run.

fuertes

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »

What did we get against Luton and Millwall?

Millwall we got 2,500, but that was amid ridiculous scaremongering about hooliganism which undoubtedly put off floaters ::)

I think the official figure for the Luton game was the same, however what with floodlight failure and people being turned away then rushed in once the game was definitely on, I'm not sure that figure is wholly accurate. It certainly felt more packed that night than it did for the Millwall match.

I think we got 3,000+ for Darlington a few years back...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 01:20:51 PM »

Incidentally, I wonder how many of the floating fans have been put off by the fact that a traditional town club like vics has been taken to the slaughter house by I cant count how many brainless chairmen over recent years. I guess a lot of the charm has been replaced by despair. Anyone with any sense knows that Rushe will not use this a springboard to financial security, more likely a bargaining tool to seek more resources that cant be justified in the long run.

Actually, it'll be imteresting to see Jim Rushe's appraoch to running Northwich now on two counts.

1. The HMRC deal, before the Chester debacle, they would have held out and put Vics under real pressure to effect a proper cva. However, now they know that the football authorities will not back them up in relegation for clubs not out of a cva - their only bargaining tool, will Rushe try to play a game of brinksmanship with them on the back of the goodwill and attention this sort of cup run brings or will he make a 'reasonable' offer to HRMC (60-75p in the pound) just to get the monkey off his back.

2. Once the debts have been cleared/agreed how will he go? He's been a bit of a Walter Mitty, the Steve King charade will never be fully explained, but he seems to hav egot lucky now. Was all that because they were just in a financial whirl after the drill field debacle and Connett's tenure or is it how he operates. Vics should be on an even financial footing after this (actually they should still be in debt paying off their creditors in full but you know what I mean) so we'll see how much money and backing he really does have.

vic

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »

You are bound to get more than us as alty is a bigger place, Hopefully we will be able to pay some debts off and then run within our means, I hear you are charging full price for the senior cup against the scum why is that its only £5 at the vics.

fuertes

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »

You are bound to get more than us as alty is a bigger place, Hopefully we will be able to pay some debts off and then run within our means, I hear you are charging full price for the senior cup against the scum why is that its only £5 at the vics.

We've reduced the prices now, though I'd still hardly call them cheap. A tenner to get in for adults, concessions and kids are looking at a fiver or less which isn't too bad. I must confess, I shan't be travelling back for this one. Hopefully the price change will swell the gate to about 250, which isn't totally pitiful.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

Charging a fiver is fine if you at least double your attendance. Otherwise, it's just an unnecessary loss which I suppose, in light of Vic's recent cup exploits, they can probably now afford to swallow.

£10 is a sensible price. Anyone who is prepared to go to a minor cup game like this will be prepared to pay a tenner. The club can't just discount prices to the point where they are making a massive loss just to try and get an extra 50 people through the gate.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Northwich Vics