PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Northwich Vics
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Well Done Northwich Vics  (Read 13790 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well Done Northwich Vics
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »

Just as a point of note our home game with Kettering is now going to have to be re-arranged as they will be entertaining Leeds

baldrick

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »

Just as a point of note our home game with Kettering is now going to have to be re-arranged as they will be entertaining Leeds

I will forgive them for that if they win

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »

Entertaining and Leeds in the same sentence - not an easy concept to grasp.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

I didn't see the game but it seems Vics deserved their win on the day. Whether they deserved to be in the competition at all is another matter. Maybe that is something the authorities could look at, any club that goes into admin is denied entry to the FA Cup or something.

The silver lining is that the money is currently witheld from Vics and there's no way they can lie about it now. HMRC having rejected 25p and 35p in the pound will be calculating as we speak. They'll wait until the cup run is over before settling a deal with mad Jim.  :)

Edit : Also the attendance was 2153. Now I know people in that area have drifted away a bit and that it was on tv and that Charlton didn't seem to bring a lot but that's quite a low turnout. I'd have thought they'd get 3,000 for it to be honest, or 2,700 at least.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:46:29 PM by Ballers »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »

There did seem to be quite a few spaces in the seats and also a fair bit of room in certain of the standing areas

gunners11

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:06 PM »

good luck northwich vics you are going to need it my score in 3weeks northwich 2-1 lincoln

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »

And we're on the telly again!!!! All my Christmas' come at once.  ;) ;D

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 12:28:29 AM »

A crowd of 2153 according to vics fan website,didnt look like that many loads of empty spaces , but well done to them , (it  hurts to say it )

Narcissist

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »

For the players and fans they deserved it. Nice to see a local lad getting the goal as well.

I thought that ITV played right into Mr Rushe's hands with their 'he is the saviour' routine about him keeping the club going. Nobody bothered to question how all the facilities, goalkeeping coaches, high profile management team and Lee Elam could be afforded when they owe out hundreds of thousands.

Lets hope Mr Rushe can find the heart to use all of this prize/tv money to offer something ludicrous like 100 pence in the pound to creditors. After all, if they have the money they have no reason not to pay the debts.

Well done vics. Good vocal support too.

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »

Yes congratulations to vics fans to whom I do not begrudge one glory day at all for the following reasons;

1) The cup run will ensure enough distraction for them to wallow another season in the Unibond (Ok BSN but lets be honest, it's unibond level)
2) No doubt the club will now reset it's budget based on forecasted gates of over 2,000 and a cup run next year as well.
3) Hopefully the FA will hold onto the prize money, give Charlton their 50% and be keeping tabs on Vics debts.
4) HMRC will indeed be monitoring the situation closely
5) Looking forward to shenanigans where rushe sticks to his 30p offer claiming this new money has nowt to do with old debt....he has already said part of the debt will be paid with money left over for a rainy day.....by definition this means the club will still be in debt.
6) They will never emulate our achievements.
7) The pitch invasion was classic TV comedy......made it worth watching our 2nd rivals enjoy their day in the sun.

baldrick

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »

I think they should be thrown out of the cup for wearing a kit that looks like a mixture of Celtic, Yeovil and Sporting Lisbon. ::)

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »

This is interesting.....more skullduggery as they upped their offer to HMRC before the FA Cup tie!!!!

From John Laidlar's award winning site;
But FA Cup rules say Vics, who remain subject to a transfer embargo levied by the Football Conference last month, must agree a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) with creditors before they receive a cheque. This week Rushe submitted an improved offer to HM Revenue and Customs to pay off a larger proportion of the club’s six-figures tax bill... 'We’ve upped our offer', he said'... Administrators Refresh Recovery Ltd will need to arrange a another creditors’ meeting to rubber stamp the proposal should the tax man accept Rushe’s latest offer. Two others, one to pay off 25p of every pound owed to creditors and the other for 35p, have been rejected to date.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »

I think they should be thrown out of the cup for wearing a kit that looks like a mixture of Celtic, Yeovil and Sporting Lisbon.
ah but Yeovil copied the celtic strip a few seasons back as well
Harold

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »

If HM Revenue & Customs have got anything about them, they are surely going to wait until Vics know how much money they've made from this cup run and then base their judgement on that?

I can't see why they would accept an offer of x pence in the pound when they could potentially get all of their money back.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

How much cash will they have generated? TV + Gate Receipts + Prize Money = Circa £100,000? How much do they owe again? I vaguely remember a figure of about half a million...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Northwich Vics