PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: James Smith to be investigated ?  (Read 35559 times)

Jenga

Re: James Smith to be investigated ?
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

This is no word of a lie.

I have asked a TV production company to look at the video and this is the reponse I have received.

"Hmmm, had a look. There are a few frames missing just before the incident. I can’t explain why that would be. This would leave suspicion of editing for whatever reason. Saying that the incident itself does seem to look real".

seasonticket

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

Can we please, please, please say piss off to Mansfield the club and Mansfield fans. I have had quite enough of there pathetic whinging from before the first game until now. If being like them is what is required of a club to be in league two, then I really hope they get promoted this season and we never, in my lifetime, get promoted.
Of all the relegated clubs they are the worst, biggest wind up merchants I have come across (translated into Mansfieldese that is professional)
I suppose it is all that can be expected from a bunch of exmining scabs.

taxi Phil

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »

I have asked a TV production company to look at the video and this is the reponse I have received.

"Hmmm, had a look. There are a few frames missing just before the incident. I can’t explain why that would be. This would leave suspicion of editing for whatever reason. Saying that the incident itself does seem to look real".

And the time lag between the end of the game, and the appearance of the edit on Sunday is palpable. I have to say that, if the FA try to ban Smith on this evidence, we should take the matter to law.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »

And the time lag between the end of the game, and the appearance of the edit on Sunday is palpable. I have to say that, if the FA try to ban Smith on this evidence, we should take the matter to law.

I also think it's incredible that James is not allowed to be represented at this hearing. Surely any individual subject to disciplinary action has the right to defend themselves?
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »

Assuming all this checks out I firmly believe that Mansfield should be hauled in front of the FA for brinigng the game into disrepute about making the complaint, allegations agaist the player and club and comments in their programme and the press.

yellowswoop

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »

Did you show them the clip? Or Did you the show it on Highlights, http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/0/b9Gc5enkNco whe(8.50 to 8.60)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »

If smith is cleared and there is even a wiff of skullduggery then it should be investigated fully.Should it be proven that its been doctored in any way shape or form then the FA must charge them with bringing the game into disrepute and throw them out of the FA cup

Jenga

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »

Did you show them the clip? Or Did you the show it on Highlights, http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/0/b9Gc5enkNco whe(8.50 to 8.60)

I showed him the clip with the incident at 28 seconds.

Milnez

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »

Yeah that's probably why then. It's a bit jumpy on the cut down version for some reason but on the full highlights there's no jumping on it at all.

The latest on the situation anyway..

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/football/FA-case-brought-Smith-Stags-confirm/article-1466688-detail/article.html?

yellowswoop

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

Yeah, i think if you showed him the full highlights which i posted not long back, it might be a different story.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »

Your chairman is going to become one of the most hated men in football history with the can of worms hes opened.Other clubs up and down the country are already concerned by what he's done in recent days.A baffling thing to do, that will clearly come back to haunted mansfield town.Every club in the league with its own camera crew will be waiting for the moment you trip yourselves up from this day forward.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »

I also think it's incredible that James is not allowed to be represented at this hearing. Surely any individual subject to disciplinary action has the right to defend themselves?

'An FA disciplinary panel will decide Smith's fate today (Thursday) and Alty are bracing themselves for a three-match ban despite the dubious merits of trial by YouTube. Alty have not been sent a copy of the film that has been submitted [by Mansfield Town] and are not allowed to attend the hearing, though they have submitted a written response in defence of Smith. Heathcote cannot comment until after the verdict.'

Without going into the incident and whether Smithy T**tted him or was just trying to get past him and ignoring the fact it's not an official club/match video the above statement is absolutely incredible - it's not Guantanamo Bay ffs! - That goes against all principles of natural justice and human rights (guilty or not). - Nobody can be convicted of something without being able to answer the charge or defend themselves in person - it would be thrown out straightaway. I hope our written submission was something along the lines of 'we have no idea which incident you refer to and are unable to speak to you about it, throw it in the same bin as our appeal against the points deduction and tell that T**t Perry to wind his neck in, the dick!'

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

Have to say that I'd be more than astounded if the FA even contemplated bringing a case based on UTube footage so there must somewhere have been a proper copy. All games at Conference Level and above have to be videoed. Both teams, The Referee and his assessor should get copies either on the day or shortly after.

This is quite telling "If you had read the article in the opening post you would have realized that it was the referees assessor (from the FA) who said it should be sent into the FA to look at after he was shown it after the game"

I understand our frustration but there have, this season alone been some very high profile players suspended after footage (edited by the way as MOTD don't show the whole match) has been seen - Adebayor and Huth spring immediately to mind. No amount of mud slinging and slagging off another Club and its fans is gonna make this go away even if it does give us some pleasure to do so.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »

i hold my hands up if its an offical Video,but if not then the club has to do something to fight using unoffical videos for the reasons i stated earlier.If James Smith did do what was suggested then the club needs to fine him(and Chris Senior for that matter)as not only do they let themselves down they let the club down.Now why are the club not allowed to represent the player at any hearing?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:40:41 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

The odd thing about the incident is that after he goes down a couple of players go to the ref but only one Mansfield player goes over to see if he's ok and he walks away almost straight away. The guy gets no attention and when he gets up himself he makes no remonstrations to the ref himself.
It looks like Smith swings an elbow and the guy goes down as if it's got him straight in the face but the rest is very odd if that is the case. If I'd taken one in the chops I'd want a word or two......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?