PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: James Smith to be investigated ?  (Read 35788 times)

SuperStags

Re: James Smith to be investigated ?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »

Altyant - no not that I know of and I do read a fair bit of stuff about the club - no reasoning with Jenga is there? Look Jenga, I am probably wasting my time saying this but you will never come a cross a less biased fan than me i.e. I tell it as I see it whether it's for or against my team, so as much as you want to be sarcastic - I know what I saw and if you aren't adult enough to take it on the chin kid then there is nothing I can do. Shame though.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53:22 PM »

I've avtually (finally) just watched it.

It doesn't look too clever does it?

Take away the understandable bias and wish to defend/support an Alty player to the hilt and maybe beyond but, as I said previously, if the roles had been reversed and based on that footage, we'd want the perpetrator hung drawn and quartered.

Most Alty fans are very reasonable people and I really would not wish to believe that any of us would try to defend such an action if ,as it seems, it could have actually happened whether anyone apologised or not or covered any apology up or not, some things have to be condemned

SuperStags

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2009, 12:23:24 AM »

Alty Tunnel Steward - I agree with you  - and I do think that 99.9% of Alty fans are spot on - as I said in my post after the game at your place, I really enjoyed sitting in the stand with some of you  - made such a change to having to be segregated all the time. And going to some away grounds in the BSP has been a breath of fresh air in my opinion - much more of a friendly atmosphere than leagues 1 and 2 and I 100% include Altrincham in that bracket too. In a bizarre way all this banter on here and the so called animosity between the two clubs has probably connected us !! You're now my second team in the BSP - and I even have a soft spot for Jenga!!!!!
What we ought to do is all meet up for a beer before the league game at our place!! And I am being serious!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »

Not seen the video clip and not going to bother........ not at the game either, although I actually set off Saturday morning and then had second thoughts.

That said, has anyone wondered if James Smith (assuming there was some intent) was provoked ? Doesn't make it right, although when a great player like Zinedine Zidane does what he did in the World Cup, there is usually some form of severe provocation

From what I saw at close quarters at Moss Lane the Mansfield players were quite good at the wind-up....little digs here and there that the officials would never see....not that it would have mattered with that inept ref - he couldn't be bothered to caution any Mansfield players early doors and hence caused this whole nonsense......lots of shirt pulling, holding and use of thumbs etc - the  type of stuff that happens in rugby scrums all the time and usually results in a mass brawl

Just wondered - that was all
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

SuperStags

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »

Mick - from what our manager said of Smith after the game - i.e. liked him and thought it was out of character for him to do that sort of thing - you do have to wonder if Speight had been having a go verbally as I saw nothing before it to think there was a problem between the two of them which made it even more of a surprise it even happened - even my 10 year old daughter jumped up and said "did you see that Dad" - having said that, Jenga will probably say she is a liar. My opinion of the game at your place was that there was a lot of stuff flying about from both sides? Makes you wonder how it all came to this doesn't it?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:03 AM »

Can anyone think of a past Altrincham player that could have been the king of the wind ups?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 08:24:47 AM »

Would there be a small clue in the wording of that question by any chance?

Jenga

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2009, 08:37:38 AM »

Superstags please stop lieing  ;D

That video is clearly a fake.

I think he actually tickled him in real life and it has been edited for the worse. What your daughter saw was two grown men have a bit of slap and tickle.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »

Maybe he shouldnt have talked it up as a grudge match,  if he didnt want a grudge match.

A grudge: isn't that where a Sooth Ifrican keeps his car?

SuperStags

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »

Jenga - I am now officially a bad parent - allowing my daughter to watch slap and tickle before the 9 pm watershed!!! Our home games are filmed by students from West Notts College so I can't say how neutral or not they are?
Sorry for lieing Jenga!! ;D

markecky

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

I didn't actually look at the clip in case it had the used car salesman of a manager on it.  I thought people were joking on here when they said it looks edited.  Clearly not...

Question for Milnez....

Why does the video show 30 seconds of general match action?

Then miss 3-4 seconds out?

The 3-4 seconds that led up to the alledged elbow incident.

Then show another 60 seconds of match action?

I am intrigued to know why someone would take the time to remove that 3-4 seconds?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »

What brasses me off is the fact we're not even allowed to send a representative to defend our own player, added to which Mansfield have not even had the courtesy to send Altrincham FC a copy of the "evidence"!

Trial by YouTube: a dangerous precedent is being set in my opinion.
Come on Alty!

Milnez

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

I didn't actually look at the clip in case it had the used car salesman of a manager on it.  I thought people were joking on here when they said it looks edited.  Clearly not...

Question for Milnez....

I am intrigued to know why someone would take the time to remove that 3-4 seconds?
I have nothing to do with the video. I just posted the link on here. The guy you want to be talking to is a poster on our forum. Feel free to register and I'm 100% he will explain the editing.

You can dress it up all you like but to try and say the video has been edited to make it look like he has been elbowed is hilarious. Did he cut Speight out of a previous shot and get Smith throwing his arm around from a previous shot and merge them together or something?  ???

What brasses me off is the fact we're not even allowed to send a representative to defend our own player, added to which Mansfield have not even had the courtesy to send Altrincham FC a copy of the "evidence"!

Don't be so naive in thinking that we submitted the video on youtube for the FA to look at. That was merely uploaded for everybody to see. Do you really think a big club like us would rely on some poxy online video service?  ::)

If you had read the article in the opening post you would have realized that it was the referees assessor (from the FA) who said it should be sent into the FA to look at after he was shown it after the game. The video was uploaded on youtube on Sunday so your theory is void my friend.

markecky

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »

Question for Milnez....

I have nothing to do with the video. I just posted the link on here. The guy you want to be talking to is a poster on our forum. Feel free to register and I'm 100% he will explain the editing.

You can dress it up all you like but to try and say the video has been edited to make it look like he has been elbowed is hilarious. Did he cut Speight out of a previous shot and get Smith throwing his arm around from a previous shot and merge them together or something?  ???

Don't be so naive in thinking that we submitted the video on youtube for the FA to look at. That was merely uploaded for everybody to see. Do you really think a big club like us would rely on some poxy online video service?  ::)

If you had read the article in the opening post you would have realized that it was the referees assessor (from the FA) who said it should be sent into the FA to look at after he was shown it after the game. The video was uploaded on youtube on Sunday so your theory is void my friend.

One things for sure, cutting a few seconds of footage for no apparent reason in order to make the situation worse is a pretty sh*thouse trick.  Par for the course like...

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »

I think a can of worms is being opened up similar to the Eduardo diving incident. If James Smith is going to be charged for that then I hope every player who gets caught committing a red card offence on camera, which the referee doesn't see, gets charged. But it not going to happen is it. I feel it is pick on the little club syndome again.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?