PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: James Smith to be investigated ?  (Read 35845 times)

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: James Smith to be investigated ?
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »

Which I think is one of the main misgivings Phil. I don't think anyone would defend Smithy on the basis that if he's smacked someone then he deserves what he gets. But if this footage is not from the official match video it should be disregarded.

After all, the referee, 2 assistants and 4th official haven't seen it. If it comes to light on the official video then fair enough. Otherwise, very strange.

Absolutely - if it's footage other than an officially accredited camera op then it is illegitimate.

However, I'll wager the "YouTube" issue might be a red herring - I put official YCFC footage on YouTube for supporters to watch and it most certainly can be used and has been used in appeals before. Not the YouTube clip though, the proper match copy.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »

James smith gets what he should but on this video at http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/0/b9Gc5enkNco
 8.56 you see Spieght raise his hand to smith and its looks like Smith has tried to shrug him off but gone too far with his reply.

But on this one it is where it has been edited http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/u/2/YCK-vsxfJOU
and the Spieght hand is not in question.
@AltyDaz

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »

But on this one it is where it has been edited http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/u/2/YCK-vsxfJOU

I don't understand why it has been edited in that way and there is no way that will be the clip that the FA looked at.

They will have watched the proper match DVD in clearer quality, unedited.

Butty

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »

Brilliant spot Darren, I say we present it to the FA ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »

Which bit of the FA will have based their decision on the unedited match DVD and NOT the UTube footage are we not getting here folk?

Altygirlsroleinmoss

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »

3 Match ban totally deserved by nothing more than a act of a thug who thought he was above the law & would have got away with it but for the camera recording the game...

For the record I知 a Alty fan supported the  team over 10 years. I use to post on the board under a different name, but with the abuse I received from many others & so called Alty fans you hounded me away! But now I知 back to have my say, agree, or disagree with posts on here... If anyone doesn't like that? Well only one thing you can do is!............

f**k OFF
 i'm stayng put this time !

Ian

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »

James smith gets what he should but on this video at http://www.youtube.com/user/shawma1us#p/a/0/b9Gc5enkNco
 8.56 you see Spieght raise his hand to smith and its looks like Smith has tried to shrug him off but gone too far with his reply.

Having just looked at both videos I cannot belive the injustice of this, the video has clearly been edited to put the worst possible light on the incident. If, as people are saying, the FA would have looked at the official video, it is clear that James was shrugging off the arm of Speight and it was not an unprovoked thuggish act as has been claimed. I undestand Graham's and the club's reluctance to get into a mud slinging match with Mansfield and move on, but this is appalling and should be challenged.

Mansfield, hang your heads in shame.

Longman

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »

3 Match ban totally deserved by nothing more than a act of a thug who thought he was above the law & would have got away with it but for the camera recording the game...

For the record I知 a Alty fan supported the  team over 10 years. I use to post on the board under a different name, but with the abuse I received from many others & so called Alty fans you hounded me away! But now I知 back to have my say, agree, or disagree with posts on here... If anyone doesn't like that? Well only one thing you can do is!............

F**K OFF

Ha ha!

Brilliant!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:37:17 PM by markecky »

markecky

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2009, 08:36:47 PM »

For the record I知 a Alty fan supported the  team over 10 years. I use to post on the board under a different name, but with the abuse I received from many others & so called Alty fans you hounded me away! But now I知 back to have my say, agree, or disagree with posts on here... If anyone doesn't like that? Well only one thing you can do is!............

F*** OFF  Edited to show the reason for ban

Staying put for about 2 hours.  Consider yourself removed from the forum.  I seriously doubt you're an Alty fan.  

If you are come and see me at a game and tell me different I'll let you back on if you moderate your aggression.

We already have one person that just posts against the manager and nothing else, we don't need another.

taxi Phil

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

And she thinks I'M aggressive ? One of us needs therapy, and I don't think it's me.

Are you going to remove one or six Nottinghamshire folk as well so we can return to normality ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »

For the record I’m a Alty fan supported the  team over 10 years. I use to post on the board under a different name, but with the abuse I received from many others & so called Alty fans you hounded me away! But now I’m back to have my say, agree, or disagree with posts on here... If anyone doesn't like that? Well only one thing you can do is!............

f**k OFF

funniest thing i have read in ages- red card issued lmao- bloody thugs and bad language everywhere these days :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

Ecky

Quite right too, I found her posts repulsive to the extent of making me want to BAARRFFF

Suggest she is permanently gagged, and if any new posts so much as look like hers - BANIM, or even BANNER.

Stoney

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »

Having just looked at both videos I cannot belive the injustice of this, the video has clearly been edited to put the worst possible light on the incident. If, as people are saying, the FA would have looked at the official video, it is clear that James was shrugging off the arm of Speight and it was not an unprovoked thuggish act as has been claimed. I undestand Graham's and the club's reluctance to get into a mud slinging match with Mansfield and move on, but this is appalling and should be challenged.

We're not as sad to go round editing video's duck, just wake up and realise that he elbowed him the face.

Let's put this in perspective, i've just got in from a night down town... If I elbowed somebody in the face and he fell down really hurt I'd now be sat here worried that the police may come round to my house so why the hell should James Smith get away with this... Accept that your team have been a bunch of thugs and move on.

markecky

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »

We're not as sad to go round editing video's duck, just wake up and realise that he elbowed him the face.

Let's put this in perspective, i've just got in from a night down town... If I elbowed somebody in the face and he fell down really hurt I'd now be sat here worried that the police may come round to my house so why the hell should James Smith get away with this... Accept that your team have been a bunch of thugs and move on.

Are you still here?  We've heard enough now. You're not welcome here anymore.  If you change your chairman and manager please feel free to reapply.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2009, 09:23:13 AM »

I have very serious concerns if the FA have convicted someone on the bases of evidence from a video recording that has been edited so the full pictue of what happened is distorted. If this is the case I believe that the club should take the FA, Mansfield and whoever did the editing to court. This is blatant cheating and perverting the course of justice. I disagree with the editorial in today's NLP. Use of personal video's is open to abuse. Also how often do we see matches on TV where from one angle an offence looks to have been commited and another camera angle shows otherwise?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?