PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: James Smith to be investigated ?  (Read 35833 times)

mr f.trucker

Re: James Smith to be investigated ?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »

The problem I have with this whole saga involving our games against Mansfield is their complete knob of a chairman.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »

Look, I know you have all had enough of us Mansfield fans on here by now and I do agree it's time to move on etc and although I have read lots of comments over the last few days, I intended not to leave any more comments myself - BUT H.Smith - don't be so ridiculous as to suggest that someone would edit the match video just to get Smith into trouble with the FA!! Were you actually at the game? Well I was sat right in line with the incident and let me tell you, he fair old walloped Speight as the video quite clearly shows and he was very fortunate not to have done him some real damage - if he had done that outside of the ground he would have been charged for assault - there's no place in football for that sort of behaviour - and yes, if it had been a Mansfield player I would be saying exactly the same - he wants punishing for what he did whether the ref saw it or not - and I notice that he did it from behind as well - really brave of him wasn't it? He should have apologised straight after the game for that but as he hasn't it tells you a lot about the sort of person he is. Maybe as Holdsworth says it was out of character for Smith to do that but nevertheless he should hang his head in shame.
Some of you lot have said some really sensible things over the last few days and I have really enjoyed reading your comments and I genuinely wish you well for the rest of the season.

Of course someone could be 'so stupid to edit the video' it is totally open to abuse. He made a totally valid point. As far as I know David Holdsworth is your manager and manages the team and has basically let it be, your chairman on the other hand has come steamrolling in on his personal crusade. It wasn't just this incident neither, he was already on one regarding Heathcote, whooope do he said a few things in a game, to mention it in programme notes takes it one step further. If he thinks Heathcotes a cock then what does he think of 5/6 other managers in this league ? I bet its boring buying your match programmes to hear blah blah blah every other week !

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »

SuperStags what i am saying is i would not trust anything on youtube,as i said in my post if it was an offical video thats another matter.As for the did he do it did he not,I take your word for it i was working and i have not bothered looking at youtube.I would be surprised if a youtube video stood up in a court of law for the reasons i stated earlier.When you were at Moss Lane i had a very nice chat with some of you fans in the bar,i thought you were all a real nice set of supporters and you added to the atmosthere of the game.I have nothing against you at all.
Harold

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »

What is the jump in the video just before the incident by the way?

Is that just shoddy editing?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:36:00 PM by Aberystwyth Alty »

Longman

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »

Yeah, we'll kick you about, getting 3 reds in 2 games with more deserved,  have our manager tell your fans to f off and have our players square up to your fans, but lets just forget all about it and move on. And it's us that are "classless" is it?

When did our players square up to your fans??

markecky

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 07:03:11 PM »

Maybe he shouldnt have talked it up as a grudge match,  if he didnt want a grudge match.

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »

What is the jump in the video just before the incident by the way?

Is that just shoddy editing?

Shoddy.........or suspicious ?

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »

OK I am the FA panel :-

What do I see, I see a jump in the video just before the incident. I see Speight go down on the floor doing a merry jig just like your number 18 did in the first 3 minutes of the game. I see no Mansfield players appeal even the guy running in behind him with his arms up. I see the Mansfield react to the incident about 2 seconds later and then all sit down and do nothing.

As per my post above, what injuries did he receive, i bet you they must be bad from an incident like that?????

If you ask me it is edited plain and simple.

Altyant

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »

Look, I know you have all had enough of us Mansfield fans on here by now and I do agree it's time to move on etc and although I have read lots of comments over the last few days, I intended not to leave any more comments myself - BUT H.Smith - don't be so ridiculous as to suggest that someone would edit the match video just to get Smith into trouble with the FA!! Were you actually at the game? Well I was sat right in line with the incident and let me tell you, he fair old walloped Speight as the video quite clearly shows and he was very fortunate not to have done him some real damage - if he had done that outside of the ground he would have been charged for assault - there's no place in football for that sort of behaviour - and yes, if it had been a Mansfield player I would be saying exactly the same - he wants punishing for what he did whether the ref saw it or not - and I notice that he did it from behind as well - really brave of him wasn't it? He should have apologised straight after the game for that but as he hasn't it tells you a lot about the sort of person he is. Maybe as Holdsworth says it was out of character for Smith to do that but nevertheless he should hang his head in shame.
Some of you lot have said some really sensible things over the last few days and I have really enjoyed reading your comments and I genuinely wish you well for the rest of the season.

How do you know he hasnt?

SuperStags

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »

AltyAnt - If he HAD apologised for it after the game then there would have been a mention of it somwhere surely? and to all you other Conspiracy Theorists on here - especially Jenga - I was there, bang in line with it and PLEASE take my word for it - he did it all right - like it or not. Jenga, one thing I am not is a liar - take it from me, he T**tted him alright and as for none of our players going bonkers about it - if you watch the video again they are all running back to the centre circle with their backs to the incident so won't have seen it.And I don't think the video was shot from the grassy knoll either taxi Phil!!!
H.Smith - I agree with you - I have no issues with your fans or your club - to be honest - the more time I spend reading your posts the more I like you lot!! And as I said on Saturday I think it was, I was quite impressed by your turn out at our place and also the way your team just didn't lay down and roll over when you went down to nine men at Moss Road. I also said how nice it was to sit in the stand at Moss Road with no segregation and not a bad word said - a credit to both clubs. :)

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »

OK I am the FA panel :-

What do I see, I see a jump in the video just before the incident. I see Speight go down on the floor doing a merry jig just like your number 18 did in the first 3 minutes of the game. I see no Mansfield players appeal even the guy running in behind him with his arms up. I see the Mansfield react to the incident about 2 seconds later and then all sit down and do nothing.

As per my post above, what injuries did he receive, i bet you they must be bad from an incident like that?????

If you ask me it is edited plain and simple.

I agree if it was so bad why didnt not one player appeal even the player getting elbowed it clearly wasnt bad has he made out he was up 2 seconds later

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »

Moss Lane mate,  not Road. Too close to Maccs ground name.

Not being funny but Its not Field Hill, or Field Street is it?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SuperStags

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »

Apologies SW and to the rest of you - trying to do two things at once - never a good idea for a bloke is it!!!

Jenga

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

AltyAnt - If he HAD apologised for it after the game then there would have been a mention of it somwhere surely? and to all you other Conspiracy Theorists on here - especially Jenga - I was there, bang in line with it and PLEASE take my word for it - he did it all right - like it or not. Jenga, one thing I am not is a liar - take it from me, he T**tted him alright and as for none of our players going bonkers about it - if you watch the video again they are all running back to the centre circle with their backs to the incident so won't have seen it.And I don't think the video was shot from the grassy knoll either taxi Phil!!!
H.Smith - I agree with you - I have no issues with your fans or your club - to be honest - the more time I spend reading your posts the more I like you lot!! And as I said on Saturday I think it was, I was quite impressed by your turn out at our place and also the way your team just didn't lay down and roll over when you went down to nine men at Moss Road. I also said how nice it was to sit in the stand at Moss Road with no segregation and not a bad word said - a credit to both clubs. :)

I was there as well and i was right in line with the incident, believe me it is a fake, i am not a liar, he didnt T**T him. Easy to say isnt it. zzzzzzzzzzz

Altyant

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 10:15:33 PM »

Not trying to be funny mate, but your chairman has got a bee in his bonnet about our club and it wouldnt surprise me if any apology from James Smith was hushed up by your chairman to make us appear all bad. If it was as bad as your making out, your manager wouldnt be brushing it under the carpet.

Not sure if I have missed it anyway, but has Speight himself said anything about the incident?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?