PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: James Smith to be investigated ?  (Read 35865 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: James Smith to be investigated ?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 11:43:15 PM »

If as it appears he's done it then he should be punished for it.

Let's put the boot on the other foot for a mo - If Speight had done that to Smithy and we had Video evidence would we just say "Oh well game's over and done with now let's forget it" Strangely I don't think so.

As is mentioned on a number of other threads over the past two or three weeks it seems that we have a MAJOR problem with discipline at the moment. Five Red cards another suspension looking likely for Smithy and Chris Denham damaging himself in a challenge which could itself have resulted in a Red.

Something needs to be done. We have little enough money without paying  potentially draconian fines to the FA for totally avoidable reasons.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 05:44:29 AM »

Strange that between the two Mansfield games the supposedly equally high profile  Luton match passed off with all the drama off a vicarage tea party.

Lancashire Stag

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 07:48:34 AM »

Yet more evidence that you're a team of thugs who spit the dummy out when you're losing. Your players need to realise that tackles like they've been dishing out could end someone's career. Also, your fans on here need to make their mind up whether they're going to call Mansfield a "big club" or not. We're not a big club and your fans seemed to think you needed to remind us of that between the games, but now it suits one of you to call us a "big club" to justify the referees' apparent bias. 

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 07:58:43 AM »

Bore off now mate,we don want to engage in season long conversation about this game,its been and gone.Youve proven via your chairman that your a classless bunch of mardarses that will never really achieve anything of any note.But then again the whole country Saw that in the 80s.So give it a rest,cos you'll be playing us for years.

Lancashire Stag

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:56 AM »

Yeah, we'll kick you about, getting 3 reds in 2 games with more deserved,  have our manager tell your fans to f off and have our players square up to your fans, but lets just forget all about it and move on. And it's us that are "classless" is it?

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »

Yeah, we'll kick you about, getting 3 reds in 2 games with more deserved,  have our manager tell your fans to f off and have our players square up to your fans, but lets just forget all about it and move on. And it's us that are "classless" is it?

Played Luton between the games with you. Very clean, no problems. Make of that what you will.

Bye.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »

Will you be doing any more munich songs in your faded denims and primark cardigans or is the being forgotten about aswell?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 08:32:59 AM »

Fantastic! Yet another thread with a genuine point being made within it has been hijacked by Mansfield mongs.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

Will you be doing any more munich songs in your faded denims and primark cardigans or is the being forgotten about aswell?

You won't get an answer on that. 

From top to bottom Mansfield are the perfect club, never fouled anyone, never sworn, never done a thing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 08:55:29 AM »

Fantastic! Yet another thread with a genuine point being made within it has been hijacked by Mansfield mongs.

Well it is the rutting season.. Maybe they are on heat  ;)

seasonticket

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 08:58:07 AM »

FFS what is the matter with football these days. Years ago when charging goalkeepers was allowed a certain Alty keeper if charged would lay that player out the next time he was within reach and nobody went crying to mummy then.
I considered not renewing my season ticket for this season because of all the diving, cheating and crap referees. Any more reactions like Mansfields after winning a game and next year I will start watching ice hockey and forget this girlie game called football.  

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »

just as a matter of interest what injuries did the Mansfield player suffer as a result of this alledged violent conduct? Such an alledged act would have resulted in very heavy bruising, broken nose, broken jaw, blood etc, didnt see any of that did anyone else?

Was there a clash of body parts or was the Mansfield player acting and diving? He seemd to roll around and around, have nothing wrong with him and then get up and run off. Seems strange doesnt it.

Perhaps a case of cheating again by Mansfield. They seem good at diving.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »

Hopefully we will be sending footage to the FA of mills disgusting two footed leg breaker,shud see him out for 3 matches if they want to play that way

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »

Not to sure the FA should look at a video from Utube,they could be edited.If it was an offical video made by the FA or one of the major TV companies then i would say yes look at it as evidence,but anyone with an editing program and a computer can make anything and post it.
I am not saying he is guilty or not,but lets have proper evidence first,surpirsed the Mansfield chairman has gone down this road.
Harold

SuperStags

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »

Look, I know you have all had enough of us Mansfield fans on here by now and I do agree it's time to move on etc and although I have read lots of comments over the last few days, I intended not to leave any more comments myself - BUT H.Smith - don't be so ridiculous as to suggest that someone would edit the match video just to get Smith into trouble with the FA!! Were you actually at the game? Well I was sat right in line with the incident and let me tell you, he fair old walloped Speight as the video quite clearly shows and he was very fortunate not to have done him some real damage - if he had done that outside of the ground he would have been charged for assault - there's no place in football for that sort of behaviour - and yes, if it had been a Mansfield player I would be saying exactly the same - he wants punishing for what he did whether the ref saw it or not - and I notice that he did it from behind as well - really brave of him wasn't it? He should have apologised straight after the game for that but as he hasn't it tells you a lot about the sort of person he is. Maybe as Holdsworth says it was out of character for Smith to do that but nevertheless he should hang his head in shame.
Some of you lot have said some really sensible things over the last few days and I have really enjoyed reading your comments and I genuinely wish you well for the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Smith to be investigated ?