PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcotes behaviour
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: heathcotes behaviour  (Read 7422 times)

dino

heathcotes behaviour
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

heathcote once again let himself and more importantly the club down. his behaviour after the final whistle ,goading the mansfield fans in the main stand was an absolute bloody disgrace, and he could well have caused a serious incident. i was with business associates and his attitude towards their fans was shameful. as a main sponsor at altrincham i am applalled at his behavior and if thats an example of a director of a so called family club, it beggars belief.

Knutsford Alty

Re: heathcotes behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

Can't comment on Heathcote's behavoiur today as I wasn't at the game.

However the recent comments from the Mansfield Chairman and his lapdog of a manager 'might' have got under his skin somewhat.

Oxford next week, dust ourselves down and get back to league business.  The Cup has now gone, lets move on...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:56:08 PM by Knutsford Alty »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »

I did not see what happened after the game other than to say GH was goaded all through the game after the first goal. I would very probrably have reacted the same way. I dont blame Graham or Kenny as the players just let management down also, and a lot of GH's reactions were out of fustration.

Aside from the players not playing how he wanted them to play and not being up for the game, the Mansfield fans needled him all the way through.

Proud of the Alty fans behaviour which I felt was impeccable, especially during the minutes silence. We did nothing at all wrong, but I did not feel up to applauding at the end, but did anyway. Only a couple of the Alty players applauded, some of us responded, myself included, briefly. Others did not and I cannot say I blame them.

Come on lads, this was the FA cup for gods sake!!

Better performances from now on, play the way we and you know you can!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »

I wasnt at the game today so obviously dont know what happened with GH at the game.

What I will say,  and have said already on this forum on other threads is that I personally am of the opinion that it isnt a coincidence that the number of cautions and sendings off we suffer could have something  to do with  outbursts from GH. If the players see the manager giving officials a hard time then they will follow suit..

My plea to ALL of the Alty staff is this.  It wont be our talent on the pitch that will spoil our season.. It will be down to silly suspensions..

GH and Kenny Mc have obviously worked there socks off all week getting in a couple of promising new players only for us to suffer another 3 match suspension (Tom Kearney) which will see us without him for 3 games  .. Keep the discipline and let the bloody fans give the opposition a hard time... We pay 13 quid a go for that priveledge

I also think that it is a bit worrying when a main sponsor of our football  club feels the need to comment about it on here ...

Cmon Alty.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »

I agree, heathcote was once again out of order. I'm sorry but being goaded by some of the Mansfield fans is no excuse for all that pathetic cupping of the ear and then telling them to f**k off. As manager he should be able to deal with these things. He needs to grow up. As for the performance today, well the less said the better.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:28:31 PM by AFC56 »

Hulme Robin

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »

FORZA HEATHCOTE    ;D

AltyIan

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »

to be honest it was nice to see him passionate because i certainly didnt see any passion in the players eyes today, i know there all tired, we have a squad of abut 12 fit players who are only part time, we even brought a lad on from the youth today, i just think mansfield were stronger and fitter today, not much different in class but ohwell theres always the cheshire cup

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »

to be honest it was nice to see him passionate because i certainly didnt see any passion in the players eyes today, i know there all tired, we have a squad of abut 12 fit players who are only part time, we even brought a lad on from the youth today, i just think mansfield were stronger and fitter today, not much different in class but ohwell theres always the cheshire cup

To be fair it’s got nothing to do with passion, it’s just Heathcote making himself look like a tool and yet again letting the club down with inappropriate behaviour.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »

We were rubbish today on all fronts.. except perhaps for James Smith.

Mansfield are a poor side. I understand the frustration from GH in some ways. The foul count was probably 20+ Stags and 10 or less Alty. The ref did nothing about the repeated Stags fouls, but then gets the cards out for ours. Had the ref dealt with the Stags continual niggling fouls better we'd have not got into so much trouble as the frustation would not have built up. However,

Matt.. stupid yellow for discent.
Sean.. unlucky yellow.. mostly down to Stags fans screaming.
Aaron.. fair enough.
Tom... fair enough, bad tackle.

We have to be more controlled. 85 mins 3 nil down, 50/50 ball Tom got it all wrong.

Stags Chairman stoked up the GH hate campaign in the programme and ought to be reported to the FA, however GH  having to be pulled away by Kenny is not acceptable. We've some decent players, we try to play good football but lose it when discipline fails.

If I was in charge I'd actually give the players a day off training next week. Everyone calm down, GH get back to thinking about the game not the abuse...

We'll be up against it again next week with Tom out, Greg needs to up his game.

AltyIan

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

Lets be honest his backpass to coburn for their second was poor

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

I was spashing my boots at the time, so missed that!

bramhalljordan

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

Smtihy doesn't have a left foot and couldn't clear the ball first time. He had to to go to his right and pass it inside. That resulted in the second goal.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »

It'd be very nice to blame the ref, and its probably justified for the first goal, but you'd just have to say that Mansfield wanted it more.

yellowswoop

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 11:00:09 PM »

Mansfield are a poor side. I understand the frustration from GH in some ways. The foul count was probably 20+ Stags and 10 or less Alty. The ref did nothing about the repeated Stags fouls, but then gets the cards out for ours. Had the ref dealt with the Stags continual niggling fouls better we'd have not got into so much trouble as the frustation would not have built up. However,

Matt.. stupid yellow for discent.
Sean.. unlucky yellow.. mostly down to Stags fans screaming.
Aaron.. fair enough.
Tom... fair enough, bad tackle.

We have to be more controlled. 85 mins 3 nil down, 50/50 ball Tom got it all wrong.

Stags Chairman stoked up the GH hate campaign in the programme and ought to be reported to the FA, however GH  having to be pulled away by Kenny is not acceptable. We've some decent players, we try to play good football but lose it when discipline fails.

If I was in charge I'd actually give the players a day off training next week. Everyone calm down, GH get back to thinking about the game not the abuse...

We'll be up against it again next week with Tom out, Greg needs to up his game.

Yep look how poor we are, 6 wins in our last 7. The only team to Beat Oxford. 4th in the table. Beat you twice in the space of 3 weeks.  ::)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »

heathcote once again let himself and more importantly the club down. his behaviour after the final whistle ,goading the mansfield fans in the main stand was an absolute bloody disgrace, and he could well have caused a serious incident. i was with business associates and his attitude towards their fans was shameful. as a main sponsor at altrincham i am applalled at his behavior and if thats an example of a director of a so called family club, it beggars belief.

Yawn
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcotes behaviour