PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield chairman has a dig!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mansfield chairman has a dig!!  (Read 4420 times)

ANDYT

« on: October 23, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »

Chairman Andrew Perry has turned up the heat in his programme notes prior to tomorrow's much-anticipated FA Cup tie at home to Altrincham by launching an attack on the visitors' conduct when we last met.

The Robins were reduced to nine men at Moss Lane two weeks ago when we met in the Blue Square Premier.  It was revealed afterwards that Alty's manager Graham Heathcote had exchanged words with our leading scorer Rob Duffy during the contest.

In his programme notes tomorrow, Mr Perry writes, in response to a comment of an Altrincham fan following a video on mansfieldtown.net earlier this week:  "I feel that some of the Altrincham fans need to look at their own manager before commenting on our great football club. His unprofessional behaviour displayed at Moss Lane was what I expected.  He has no right to constantly verbally abuse our players throughout the game."

markecky

Re: Mansfield chairman has a dig!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »

I think they are a bit weird to be honest.

This constant incitement has got to be bordering on bringing the game into disrepute.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

It's just cheap gamesmanship on their part. I'm glad they are focussing on all this gutter talk while we're quietly getting on with the task in hand.
Come on Alty!

tottenham alty

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »

Let's be honest - the minute we make Moss Lane a pleasent place to visit, is the minute we start rolling over to sides like Mansfield.

No team likes to visit Moss Lane, long may it continue!

COMON ALTY!!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 04:21:28 PM »

Chairman Andrew Perry has turned up the heat in his programme notes prior to tomorrow's much-anticipated FA Cup tie at home to Altrincham by launching an attack on the visitors' conduct when we last met.

The Robins were reduced to nine men at Moss Lane two weeks ago when we met in the Blue Square Premier.  It was revealed afterwards that Alty's manager Graham Heathcote had exchanged words with our leading scorer Rob Duffy during the contest.

In his programme notes tomorrow, Mr Perry writes, in response to a comment of an Altrincham fan following a video on mansfieldtown.net earlier this week:  "I feel that some of the Altrincham fans need to look at their own manager before commenting on our great football club. His unprofessional behaviour displayed at Moss Lane was what I expected.  He has no right to constantly verbally abuse our players throughout the game."

Which one is that then?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »

If he gets that upset about Heathcote now, imagine how he'd have reacted to Kingy in the 70's/80's banging on the away dressing room door and having a "friendly" pre-match word!  :D

He doesn't realise when he's well-off!
Come on Alty!

Altyroo

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »

Great football club and Mansfeild Town do not go in the same sentance.
If they are that great why are they no longer in the football league.

Come on Alty.

Longman

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »

Let's be honest - the minute we make Moss Lane a pleasent place to visit, is the minute we start rolling over to sides like Mansfield.

No team likes to visit Moss Lane, long may it continue!

COMON ALTY!!!

Too right, completely agree with that!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »

I think we should be very flattered that Mansfield are so worried about us that they feel it necessary to try to drum up some bitterness between us where none previously existed.
Things like the Duffy is ill now he's fit scenario only happen if the manager is worried. I mean it's not as if we're going to change the way we play depending on whether he plays or not is it? We've barely got enough to fill the team sheet and the bench!
All I can say is thank God we don't act like that.
And thanks for the digs at GH - that too demonstrates he's going about things in the right way!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »

There are a couple of points he needs to be aware off.

1. Rob Duffy (pen) is know throughout non league circles for being a complete cock and was doing plenty of verbals all the way through the match. If GH had had a go at a couple of their other players then fair enough but Duffy is fair game for God's sake!  :)

2. I think he needs to f**king turn it in to be honest with you, christ if Duffy isn't big or bad enough to look after himself by now then I don't what. It's a bit cringeworthy really. Is this the first time two clubs have ever had verbals during a match? Westley? Borg? Evans? f**king pathetic.  ::)

yellowswoop

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 08:01:14 PM »

I think we should be very flattered that Mansfield are so worried about us that they feel it necessary to try to drum up some bitterness between us where none previously existed.
Things like the Duffy is ill now he's fit scenario only happen if the manager is worried. I mean it's not as if we're going to change the way we play depending on whether he plays or not is it? We've barely got enough to fill the team sheet and the bench!
All I can say is thank God we don't act like that.
And thanks for the digs at GH - that too demonstrates he's going about things in the right way!

Worried about you?  ::)

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »

You were at 2-1 against 9 men. Just wind it in son.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:25 PM »

I dont think,even in our days of exile in the unibond league have we come across a more classless football club.Im astounded that from the chairman and the manager we have had nothing but continual moaning about a game they actually won for th best part of two weeks now..And for their chairman to mention ''unprofessional'' whilst penning comments like he has, just beggers belief.We'll do our talking on the greenstuff at 3pm tomorrow.......

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »

I dont think,even in our days of exile in the unibond league have we come across a more classless football club.Im astounded that from the chairman and the manager we have had nothing but continual moaning about a game they actually won for th best part of two weeks now..And for their chairman to mention ''unprofessional'' whilst penning comments like he has, just beggers belief.We'll do our talking on the greenstuff at 3pm tomorrow.......

Except, of course, Accrington Stanley.

AltyIan

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

they keep banging on about their recent form and how they are excellent at field mill, this is a one off game where the formbook goes out the window, i wouldn't even back oxford at hometo bury town. thoroughly looking forward to it now.

Come on alty!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:54:59 PM by AltyIan »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team