PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton Town match thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Luton Town match thread  (Read 31936 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Luton Town match thread
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »

Other than a one minute period where we missed a penalty and they scored one it seemed that the game was pretty even, perhaps with Luton just having the edge*.

One good thing is that, quite clearly, we didn't lose because the opposition had a bigger budget than us - we lost because of one minute when we cocked up and they didn't.

However, perhaps this means that we shouldn't be so forgiving when we play well but lose to 'superior' opposition? If Little hadn't missed we could have won today (possibly).

* I wasn't there so let me know if I'm talking nonsense.

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Dougals Dad

« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »

chateuaneuf du pape to drown my sorrows.

Unlucky there by the sounds of it. It does frustrate me that we run out of wind, but theres nothing we can do about it in this league.

Excellent choice! Better than Harold's Corned beef sarnies I daresay!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2009, 05:47:56 PM »

Other than a one minute period where we missed a penalty and they scored one it seemed that the game was pretty even, perhaps with Luton just having the edge*.

One good thing is that, quite clearly, we didn't lose because the opposition had a bigger budget than us - we lost because of one minute when we cocked up and they didn't.

However, perhaps this means that we shouldn't be so forgiving when we play well but lose to 'superior' opposition? If Little hadn't missed we could have won today (possibly).

From the commentary we just edged the first half but Luton had the 2nd - stronger & fitter. Sounds like a commendable performance from Alty against a well organised team.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »

From the commentary we just edged the first half but Luton had the 2nd - stronger & fitter. Sounds like a commendable performance from Alty against a well organised team.

Uo until they scored we looked like the only team that was going to win the game. Once they scored they could have a bag full but that was because we had to push up. John Laidlar sums it up on the main website

jimbo

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

in fairness i only remember col missing against green slime .wats all this about awful record.anyone know his full pen record for alty.and he takes pens when matty doughty is on field ala stevenage

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »

Its actually more frustrating watching us match these "bigger clubs" then getting dicked 4 nil!

However it shows what a massive step change we have made- disapointed again today but 10 out of 10 for effort :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »

I wouldn't have said Luton looked particularly well organised. They were there for the taking today.

taxi Phil

« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

See my comment on the Colin Little penalty thread - not so much a miss as a decent save ! Stu had a blinder, but went the wrong way for their pen. I thought we were much the betterside for an hour, but there seemed little chance of a goal apart from the penalty.

Once   again

taxi Phil

« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »

Sorry - to continue......

Once again we slipped away in the last half hour as superior fitness took a hand. When Danylyk, who'd put in one Hell of a shift, came off he was like a dead man walking.

Clee had run his heart out too, but had no more to offer and was on a yellow - I thought the pen was a tad harsh from where I was standing.

Burns too ran out of steam, but had shown some nice stuff earlier.

Taking nothing away from Stu (what would we do without him ?), Smith was absolutely massive today and was clearly MY man of the match.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

Again Stu makes the NLP Team of the Week selection

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »

Again Stu makes the NLP Team of the Week selection

He's having arguably his best season ever for us at the moment. I still can't believe he was second choice at Leigh a few years ago!
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton Town match thread