News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commendable effort

Author Topic: Commendable effort  (Read 1801 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Commendable effort
« on: October 10, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »

Thought the lads gave it all this afternoon when we went down to 10 then 9 men.. Kearney, absolute quality addition (apart from end product today), smith - monumental. Wish we'd started Youngy (despite lack of match fitness).

No point going on about the ref.. He was inconsistent, but I wouldn't say awful. The major decisions went against us! His Linesman (on the Pop side) though was attrocious.. I think Williams was prob offside, but so was their first,even when the first shot that Stuart saved was struck.

In recent seasons gone by though, we'd have capitulated and shipped 5 today.  Fair play to the lads, they kept playing football and looked the more threatening in the 2nd half.

Heads up lads, get yourselves back together and play like that next week. Luton won't know what hits them.

Doughty should have kept his mouth shut for the first yellow and Chrissy Senior should know never to raise your hands.. It's asking for a Red card. Mansfield are very poor! Bully boy tactics with little quality (apart from Briscoe who I thought looked dangerous all game til he went off). Thought their forwards were woeful. If I was an olympic judge i'd have been giving 9.9's for their dives!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Commendable effort
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »

Thought the lads gave it all this afternoon when we went down to 10 then 9 men.. Kearney, absolute quality addition (apart from end product today), smith - monumental. Wish we'd started Youngy (despite lack of match fitness).

No point going on about the ref.. He was inconsistent, but I wouldn't say awful. The major decisions went against us! His Linesman (on the Pop side) though was attrocious.. I think Williams was prob offside, but so was their first,even when the first shot that Stuart saved was struck.

In recent seasons gone by though, we'd have capitulated and shipped 5 today.  Fair play to the lads, they kept playing football and looked the more threatening in the 2nd half.

Heads up lads, get yourselves back together and play like that next week. Luton won't know what hits them.

Doughty should have kept his mouth shut for the first yellow and Chrissy Senior should know never to raise your hands.. It's asking for a Red card. Mansfield are very poor! Bully boy tactics with little quality (apart from Briscoe who I thought looked dangerous all game til he went off). Thought their forwards were woeful. If I was an olympic judge i'd have been giving 9.9's for their dives!

I could not have put it better myself!

Hulme Robin

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »

Nicky Clee just keeps on improving as well

Longman

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Doughty got booked for throwing the ball at a Mansfield player.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commendable effort