Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MY SQUARE PITCH SPONSORSHIP STARTS TODAY AT THE MANSFIELD GAME - FIRST COME FIRS

Author Topic: MY SQUARE PITCH SPONSORSHIP STARTS TODAY AT THE MANSFIELD GAME - FIRST COME FIRS  (Read 1404 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Apologies if this has slipped by...

ALTRINCHAM F.C. “MY SQUARE” PITCH SPONSORSHIP 2009/10
Altrincham F.C. in association with TASC and www.ideas4alty.com are pleased to announce an exciting new form of the “My Square” pitch sponsorship for the 2009/2010 season.
The “My Square” pitch sponsorship scheme gives Alty fans the chance to sponsor their own little square of the Moss Lane pitch for a whole season for as little as £3!! What better way to be a part of your club and show your support for the Robins? Once again, a draw will take place at the end of the season and one lucky winner will receive a very special prize – their very own square of Moss Lane turf to plant at home in their garden! What better way to add a permanent piece of Moss Lane to your home? You will also receive a nice bottle of champagne to toast your victory!

HOW IT WORKS
There are some parts of the Moss Lane pitch which have been selected as “special squares”, where a lot of the action has taken place over the years. Both penalty spots have seen their fair share of drama over the years and these are expected to be very popular.
Also available at a slightly higher price are squares in the penalty area, the centre circle and also the corner quadrants.

MAGIC MOMENTS
This year a number of squares are allocated to particularly magic Robin’s moments. These squares will be available for a slightly higher price and each particular moment will be featured in a match day Robins Review, where the buyer of the square will also be able to add their own memory of the moment.

‘SIR’ JACKIE SWINDELLS – KING OF THE 6 YARD BOX
The 6 yard boxes at either end of our famous ground have seen some legendary goal poachers over the years but none graced them more often than Alty’s record goal scorer, the late, great and hugely missed Jackie Swindells. As such, we have dedicated the squares in those boxes as ‘Swindells Squares’. Again, we will feature parts of Jackie’s career and goals in six editions of the Robins Review where the buyers will be able to contribute their own memories of Jackie
In addition there are to be two extra special auction Squares
The “Freeman Square” -This extra-special square is located at the spot from which Clive Freeman hit his “Goal of the Month” blockbuster against Chester City in 1992. This square will only be made available by auction which will take place online at www.altyfans.co.uk or alternatively bids can be emailed directly to me at altytasc@tiscali.co.uk Bids will be accepted through the coming weeks until 5.30pm on Saturday 28th November 2009 (nearly 17 years to the day) after the home game against Kettering and the winner will be announced in the Noel White Suite.

Likewise, there will also be the “Welch Square” where Michael Welch launched his astounding 70 yard Blue Square Goal of the Season against an unsuspecting Crawley Town last season. This auction will take place in the same manner as the “Freeman Square” but after Christmas and will close at 5.30pm on Saturday 20th March 2010 after the home game against Rushden & Diamonds (again nearly a year to the day of the goal) in the Noel White Suite.

BRILLIANT – WHERE DO I SIGN?
TASC member Steve Foster has acquired a whiteboard with the pitch squares on it. This will be in place at the TASC section of the club shop at all home games and brought into the Noel White Suite afterwards. Fans will be able to pay their money and take their choice there and then. Anyone unable to get to matches should make alternative arrangements by either emailing altytasc@tiscali.co.uk or phoning the club on 0161 928 1045.
Squares will be sold on a ‘first come, first served’ basis starting at the home fixture against Mansfield Town on Saturday 10th October 2009.
Prices

Penalty Spot (x2) £50
Centre Spot (x1) £25
Penalty Area (x34) £5
Swindells Square (x6) £15
Centre Circle (x8) £10
Corner Quad (x4) £10
Normal Squares (x69) £3
Special Squares outside area (x3) £8
Special Squares inside area (x6) £10
Freeman Square (x1) auction only
Welch Square (x1) auction only

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I will be in the club shop from 1.45pm today and in the Noel White Suite after the game.

Cult, you'd better pop in and see me early doors if you want the Tunnacliffe Square!  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I will be in the club shop from 1.45pm today and in the Noel White Suite after the game.

Cult, you'd better pop in and see me early doors if you want the Tunnacliffe Square!  ;)

Ballers,

I demand that the Tunnacliffe square is reserved in my name this instant!

I'll reimburse you for this honour when we gather in the Noel White Suite for the post-match post mortem....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Ballers,

A £10 note to sponsor the Tunnacliffe Square was duly handed over to Foz after yesterday's match.

So, when will the Robins Review include my special 16 page supplement documenting the great man's career at Moss Lane then...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MY SQUARE PITCH SPONSORSHIP STARTS TODAY AT THE MANSFIELD GAME - FIRST COME FIRS