News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holdsworth Interview

Author Topic: Holdsworth Interview  (Read 2183 times)

fuertes

Holdsworth Interview
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/FromTheB...1820951,00.html

Holdsworth interview. I thought for a moment he was about to get a bit riled by Heathcote's comments, but in the end he fielded the questions pretty well.

I can just imagine the bloke from Mansfield asking Heathcote about whether he gets excited by the ex-League teams coming to Moss Lane only to be told "We don't see them as ex-League, we see them as Non-League". Basically, a slightly more polite way of saying "we have United and City on our doorstep here, the thought of Mansfield, Cambridge and Luton paying us a visit is no big deal - now **** off"  :D

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Holdsworth Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/FromTheB...1820951,00.html

Holdsworth interview. I thought for a moment he was about to get a bit riled by Heathcote's comments, but in the end he fielded the questions pretty well.

I can just imagine the bloke from Mansfield asking Heathcote about whether he gets excited by the ex-League teams coming to Moss Lane only to be told "We don't see them as ex-League, we see them as Non-League". Basically, a slightly more polite way of saying "we have United and City on our doorstep here, the thought of Mansfield, Cambridge and Luton paying us a visit is no big deal - now **** off"  :D

Just comes up with an error page :(
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

fuertes

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »

Thought Holdsworth came across very well indeed. Didn't get drawn into a slagging match despite the constant prompting to do so by the sh*t-stirring interviewer.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Longman

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

Thought Holdsworth came across very well indeed. Didn't get drawn into a slagging match despite the constant prompting to do so by the sh*t-stirring interviewer.

Was just about to say the same thing, the interviewer is blatantly trying to get Holdsworth to bite, but then towards the end changes tact and says "He doesn't say anything derogatory about Mansfield".

yellowswoop

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

The interviewer is Tony Delhunty he works for Mansfield Radio 103.2 which is now up our backside because we're doing fine in the league.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »

I remember Tony Delanhunty doing commentaries when they had club motor racing on part of the old grand prix circuit at Aintree. Conforum users will know what I mean when my recollection from then was that he was a total STEVE EVANS.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:22:51 AM »

"DELAHUNTY" is a difficult name to spell out isn't it ? One can easily understand why the "C" is so easily omitted..........
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holdsworth Interview