PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taxman says enough is enough - RIP Hyde United
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Taxman says enough is enough - RIP Hyde United  (Read 28732 times)

gunners11

Re: Taxman says enough is enough - RIP Hyde United
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »

congrats to man city helping hyde utd that is a good sport i hope city fans dig deep in there pockets.

Butty

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »

Unfortunately, I forgot my wallet to the city match last night, would have happily thrown a few quid in for them, a proper club that deserves saving.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »

Whats the latest?

markecky

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »

They made £7800 from the collection at City...I think they have the tax money now but still have to prove to the court they can continue trading solvently after that is paid..

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »

Unfortunately, I forgot my wallet to the city match last night, would have happily thrown a few quid in for them, a proper club that deserves saving.

Whilst I agree with the last part of that post, I wouldn't pay their unpaid taxes for them any more than I'd pay Accrington's. It was bad enough having to dig into our pockets for 6 years to pay ours!

Narcissist

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

If they deserve saving then surely they deserve a few quid from those who have it to spare?

I dont know what to think with Hyde. Should we treat them differently to vics or stanley in our opinions, or have they just done similar things and deserve the book being thrown at them.

One thing for sure I wouldnt bother spitting in the vics bucket nevermind anything else. Anything you give them will just be wasted on their next theft from the local and footballing community. Hope the same doesnt get said for Hyde, and I do doubt that.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2009, 05:40:24 PM »

I think what sets Hyde apart from Vics is the fact that they are making genuine efforts to pay off their debts without going into administration (a tried and tested ploy used to perfection by the green scum). Also, they have been given no reprieves (Northwich have received at least 2 or 3), they were wound up at the first time of asking. It seems grossly unfairthat the two clubs should be treated so differently.

Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »

I think what sets Hyde apart from Vics is the fact that they are making genuine efforts to pay off their debts without going into administration (a tried and tested ploy used to perfection by the green scum). Also, they have been given no reprieves (Northwich have received at least 2 or 3), they were wound up at the first time of asking. It seems grossly unfairthat the two clubs should be treated so differently.

Yep, i'll agree with that. Hyde do deserve a different approach from vics et al taking that into account. Its absolutely mental the gulf between their treatment and vics. Especially considered it seems theyve been scolded for doing the right thing.

Its a crying shame that the authorities inconsistency is absolutely no suprise whatsoever.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »

Hyde saved! See main site.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Aussie Bob

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 04:49:43 AM »

HMRC will be loving this ...will encourage them to go harder on clubs i think. Pay up now or we wind you up ...clubs start panicking and raising funds left right and centre.
Unfortunate on Hyde compared to Vics but they hadnt entered administration so they were always vulnerable to this sort of action. Vics will pay the price sooner or later ...i cant see HMRC settling for 25p in the pound over 5 years or anything poxy like that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2009, 05:56:55 AM »

Well done to Hyde United and their fans
Harold

anglo alty

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »

glad to see hyde saved we 've been there ourselves so we know what its like a big well done to all concerned

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 02:16:36 AM »

How times change!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 07:43:54 AM »

Money talks!
ParkINson's red and white army

fuertes

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »

Rather us than them. I wouldn't change the club's name, badge, kit and ground for the benefit of the bully boys up the road. Ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taxman says enough is enough - RIP Hyde United