Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WSC... is the Alty article in this week?

Author Topic: WSC... is the Alty article in this week?  (Read 4884 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« on: September 05, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »

Before I rush around the East midlands trying to find a copy does anyone know if the Alty v B'ham piece is actually in?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: WSC... is the Alty article in this week?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:50:48 AM »

Before I rush around the East midlands trying to find a copy does anyone know if the Alty v B'ham piece is actually in?

I was informed by the Art Editor at WSC that the Birmingham City v Alty article was scheduled to appear in issue No. 272, which is due to be available today.

I've not had chance to hunt down a copy yet, so I would be interested to know if it has indeed been included in the latest edition.

P.S. Bogman - how about some reminiscences of the 1979/80 season then...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

Bought it this morning in Chester and can't find the article on flicking through it. What a sickener!

On the other hand it does seem to be a decent read ... but then again it should be for £3.25 (that's a lot to a pensioner ;))
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

Just found out that next edition is due out on Wed 9th... so might be in then.

Missed the chance to contrubute ti 1979-80 stuff so far, will do something soon, especially as April 12th 1980 was our wedding day.. winning day at ML.. I think we were 2 up before Elaine reached the church at 3.09 (due at KO time!)

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »

Just found out that next edition is due out on Wed 9th... so might be in then.

Missed the chance to contrubute ti 1979-80 stuff so far, will do something soon, especially as April 12th 1980 was our wedding day.. winning day at ML.. I think we were 2 up before Elaine reached the church at 3.09 (due at KO time!)

Issue 271 is still on sale in W.H.Smith, so be careful which you pick up ! Not read the one I've accidentally bought yet, but on a quick flick through it looks a good publication. Not all the obvious stuff - there's a piece on the demise of Newcastle Blue Star for example.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:15:21 PM »

Yes, sorry everyone, it was issue 271 which I bought! .. it was a good read though!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »

I've bought Issue 272 this morning. The article is actually quite general and doesn't give much in the way of detail on the game. But it's positive and well written, and it's nice to see a photo of Ronnie Ellis's equaliser !

I'd totally forgotten that Brummagem's keeper was a pre-ponytail David Seaman !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team