PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No terracing at kettering
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No terracing at kettering  (Read 5999 times)

Stockportalty

Re: No terracing at kettering
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »

It seems to me that we have a club here who have ideas above their station, they must be paying their stewards and their turnstile operators too much if it would be too expensive to open the terracing for 'a few away supporters'. I think this decision could come to haunt them in the future.

WiganAlty

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »

Can the club not make a formal protest at these arrangements before the game? It is certainly taking the pi$$ that they cannot be ar$ed to open the usual away terracing.

Perhaps as suggested earlier, we should all go into the home terracing and see what they do about it.

I've been in touch with their local Consumer Direct over the issue, but they don't seem to think that KTFC are doing anything against the law. They will raise the issue with Ketting Trading Standards - not holding out for anything to happen before the game though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:07:27 PM by WiganAlty »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 01:03:46 PM »

What gets me is I fail to see the extra expense involved in opening up that standing area. If they are prepared to allow away fans through the "home" turnstiles can they not just allow them to transfer through to the away area?

It is a completely unjustified move on their part.

Come on Alty!

Stockportalty

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »

Maybe something in writing to the League Management Committee about all this, especially since it has come at short notice, may be in order, this will not help us tomorrow but could make them think about their tactics. I am sure there are rules about segregation and allowing our fans in the home end may be breaking them. Our own Andrew Shaw is on that committee.

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »

so if we go in the britania road entrance, can we not just walk to the left handside, which is designated for away fans anyway.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »

They only open the small bit of the britannia road side if the away end is full or its raining like when we went on Tuesday last year. 

Its not even got an actual fence, its was a line of stewards last year that there fans took delight in taunting us over the top of.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 02:17:17 PM »

I am aware that we have in the past had fans who, for medical reasons could not sit in a stand for 45 minutes. We may still have! This means that they would have to stand with Kettering fans thereby potentially compromising their own safety. That can't be legitimate

Hulme Robin

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »

what's stopping us going in their terrace?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 11:08:07 PM »

Knowing what some of their 'fans' are like I'd say a strong attachment to our teeth

Hulme Robin

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 10:00:01 PM »

from some kettering chiseleron their forum

For us it makes sense for the smaller away followings to be housed in the newly refurbished away area in the stand- both for cost saving,ease of control and in fact for the away supporters to buy their tickets and enter the ground at virtually the same place

buying your tickets at virtually the same place you enter the ground must be an exciting advancement in kettering football stadia

the home fans and terry cooper's son and the hurriedly assembled extra stewards seemed to enjoy the closer proximity

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »

from some kettering chiseleron their forum

For us it makes sense for the smaller away followings to be housed in the newly refurbished away area in the stand- both for cost saving,ease of control and in fact for the away supporters to buy their tickets and enter the ground at virtually the same place

buying your tickets at virtually the same place you enter the ground must be an exciting advancement in kettering football stadia

the home fans and terry cooper's son and the hurriedly assembled extra stewards seemed to enjoy the closer proximity

"Newly refurbished" ??   PMSL  It was like walking through Wookey Hole to get to our seats.  Next time I will take a miners hat with me .....

WiganAlty

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 07:08:08 PM »

Given the abysmal level of lighting in the bunker underneath the stand, coupled with the steepness, lack of width and lack of any decent surfacing to the stairs, surely this must come close to a breach of Health and Safety regulations? Very much tempted to put in a call to Kettering Council on this one!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 08:15:37 AM »

Given the abysmal level of lighting in the bunker underneath the stand, coupled with the steepness, lack of width and lack of any decent surfacing to the stairs, surely this must come close to a breach of Health and Safety regulations? Very much tempted to put in a call to Kettering Council on this one!!

I'm sure I saw two German snipers as I walked under that stand  ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No terracing at kettering