PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No terracing at kettering
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No terracing at kettering  (Read 5998 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:40:21 PM »

My kettering contact tells me that ktfc wont be opening the away end on saturday and altrincham fans will be seated in the mainstand,at a cost of £16 as opposed to £14, kettering fans sympathise with us and other fans that will be blatently ripped off in the same way,not making many friends is mr ladaak with his cynical fleecing of travelling supporters!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No terracing at kettering
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »

@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

I sincerely hope Altrincham F.C. will be reciprocating this arrangement when we host Kettering Town later on in the season. I think it's the least we can do to show our "appreciation".

I take pride in the way visitors are treated when they come to Moss Lane but I think in this instance it would be appropriate to treat them as badly as they intend to treat our fans.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

I sincerely hope Altrincham F.C. will be reciprocating this arrangement when we host Kettering Town later on in the season. I think it's the least we can do to show our "appreciation".

I take pride in the way visitors are treated when they come to Moss Lane but I think in this instance it would be appropriate to treat them as badly as they intend to treat our fans.

I can understand this point of view, but all it ill mean is ordinary Kettering fans are punished with no impact on those that actually made the decision.

From Confguide and their forum quite a few of their fans are unimpressed by the decision. Rather than take it out on those that haven't done anything wrong we should do the right thing and treat Kettering fans with the same respect we treat all visiting fans.

Perhaps a better way to show our frustration would be a boycott of food/programmes/golden goal on Saturday?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »

Perhaps a more appropriate punishment for the appropriate people would be to recirprocate by informing Mr Ladaak that there will be no free director hospitality at moss lane for the return match and he will have to view the game from the open away terrace accessed by the normal paying turnstile.

Surely that has a more delicious irony about it?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:38:37 PM »

Perhaps a more appropriate punishment for the appropriate people would be to recirprocate by informing Mr Ladaak that there will be no free director hospitality at moss lane for the return match and he will have to view the game from the open away terrace accessed by the normal paying turnstile.

Surely that has a more delicious irony about it?

Now THAT suggestion I really like ! But the grabbing tw*t probably wouldn't bother turning up.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:40:59 PM »

This beggers belief really. Shocking treatment of away fans, even before weve got into the ground. All they would need are a couple stewards for the 80 or so who make the journey down. Shocking and bad PR

I know we pride ourselves on our reputation of treating away fans well, however i feel we should look at a reciprocating this arrangement for kettering.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »

Any stadium that bans terracing should be boycotted by everyone.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »

i have emailed the club (no response yet) stating that they are actually charging for a CAT A and NOT a CAT B game. (seems like a trades description act cockup to me) 

You wouldnt go in a shop  that had items stating it was ten quid then when you went to pay they charged you 12 quid ...........

Its a fkn disgrace and I told them so in my email (I dont expect they will give a sh*t but it made me feel good)  ;)

I hope it pisses down when they come to play us at home.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »

This is absolutely outrageous, surely if they are not opening the away end (which is surely a given) then they should at least charge the same price for Alty fans to enter the main stand, ie - 14 quid.

Bang out of order.

Stockportalty

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:29:58 AM »

have they said why they are not opening the terracing for away fans, is it all away fans or just us?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »

Just us so far this season

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:59:20 AM »

I just rang Kettering football club and spoke to there secretary, one Justin Boyd- Navazo and he said it would cost them too much to open the away goal end for just a few fans ..

I explained that they advertised the game as a Cat B and it is actually at Cat A prices..

He said if it was a Cat A fixture then we would have to pay £18 to go in the stand..

He did say we could go in the home end behind the goal with their fans for £14

I asked if we could pay just £14 to go in the stand and he wasnt having any of that...

Cheers

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »

He did say we could go in the home end behind the goal with their fans for £14

sounds good to me. Especially if they have rushden like stewards who will make you sit down in seating.

Bit of unsegregation never hurt anyone.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »

This could be our best alty fans spread out ever.

I love to see the comeback on Kettering if 20 city hooligans decided to go down for the day with us, seeing as though we have been advised by the club secretary to go in the home end.

I can't go as I am working on Sat night but there is no way I would go in with Kettering fans I'm afraid, they have a small minority who are not the nicest.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team