Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many more players will we lose to Australia?

Author Topic: How many more players will we lose to Australia?  (Read 2459 times)

david sneddon

« on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »

I see numerous Blue SQ Premier Players of differing clubs are offering their services on here

http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com/player.php?PlayerID=00382

fuertes

Re: How many more players will we lose to Australia?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »

That site is a bit weird - The search function doesn't seem to work properly.

The Heff hardly sells himself very well, does he?  :D

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »

If one of our employees at work was openly advertising their services they would have to tell the management.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »

If one of our employees at work was openly advertising their services they would have to tell the management.

Perhaps GH already knows about this.

Also, I'd never tell my employer if I was going for an interview with another company.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »

It answers whether he's on contract or not

Longman

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »

This is bizarre, a player openly touting himself out whilst he is playing for a club.

Does anyone else find this a bit strange and not quite right?

Butty

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »

But to be fair, it's not too much of a difficult choice really, either live off part time football wages (which i expect arent that high) or play football for a living in australia

robins1978

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 01:33:21 AM »

I liked the look of Heff in the friendlies but he seemed to lack a bit of urgency when he came on against Chester or maybe he just couldn't grip the pace of the game - coming on as sub ! Not very impressed to see this though i must admit.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »

I suppose with Heffernan being unemployed at the moment its more enticing for him ...from a footballing career move it would be several steps backwards. Even the local Vic State league (james robinson first went to a Vic state team first) is at best BSN standard and i would imagine that most of the state leagues are the same.
Strange site ..not really sure how many opportunities there really are , if Colin Little was on there i think we could get worried.

Still think its a good idea for Alty to try and hook up with a local employement agency ...if we want to attract full timers into a part time club it could help sway their decision if we can give them help with finding a job outside of football.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »

Living in Ausi is a wonderful opportunity for any youngster. Being unemployed living on income from a part-time job, Ausi is very tempting and I believe Haffy has  nothing to lose. The worse that could happen to him is that he could come back here and be in the same postition as he is at the moment.
I sat next to a lad at School called Harry Johnson who was a brilliant player and played for Altrincham boys in the same side as Paul Bradshaw and Alan Clarkson, and he was a year younger than the rest of the side.  Harry also played for Cheshire Schools and Catholic Schools of Great Britian. Harry turned professional with Blackpool and was there for 2-3 years. He palyed for Blackpool Reserves against Alty in I think 1975 in a pre season friendly at Moss Lane, which I think ended 0-0. As I understand it, Blackpool wouldnt give him a first team chance and at the same time Blackpool refused offers from a New York club as well as clubs in Australia - so Harry packed the game in. This was a real shame as he had great potential and was a very nice lad. I certainly wouldnt begrudge Heffy or anyone else in his position of grabbing such an opportunity as playing overseas.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 12:18:15 PM »

Alty is a part-time job remember. The promise of full-time employment in Australia playing football is a much greater prospect.

Heff doesnt owe alty a career. He has every right to try and better himself.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team