PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 absolute tosh
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: absolute tosh  (Read 7334 times)

AltyIan

Re: absolute tosh
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »

i thought the loan players played absolutely quality today. that edwards in midfield bossed the first half completely, a bit upset when he came off. Nicky Clee - improved performance, well done and stuart made a couple of quality saves. the defence got caught out a couple of times, williams and heffernan appear not to be able to jump and dale johnson had an absolute nightmare. there were some positives and negatives to be made of today. I think the first few results have disillusioned some alty fans, these past 3 games have brought us straight back to reality.. Who would of thought that a few years ago we'd be upset with a draw at home to chester? certainly not me for one.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

Dino absolute tosh!

'nuff said

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »

i thought the loan players played absolutely quality today. that edwards in midfield bossed the first half completely, a bit upset when he came off. Nicky Clee - improved performance, well done and stuart made a couple of quality saves. the defence got caught out a couple of times, williams and heffernan appear not to be able to jump and dale johnson had an absolute nightmare. there were some positives and negatives to be made of today. I think the first few results have disillusioned some alty fans, these past 3 games have brought us straight back to reality.. Who would of thought that a few years ago we'd be upset with a draw at home to chester? certainly not me for one.

Do you owe him money...? He was tosh and made Wilkinson look like he was a footballer!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

today i thought we played ok. loosing crowell and densmore, and with little, johnson and danlyk still unfit we still managed to get a point from a decent looking chester side.

I was particulary impressed with moffat, who looked to get better and better as the game went on. Edwards gave a solid debut, and hopefully will continue to improve. However, with johnson continuing to fluff the chances he had, we should look to pop him on the right and move denham into the middle. Again Doughty seemed to be pulled into the middle, and really needs to be anchored to the left side. Though his cross to set up the game was wonderful.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »

Dino ... What they served up on Saturday was Tosh.. Today was better if not brilliant.. Bear in mind we had 3 loan players who never even knew the names of half the team never mind trained with them.

the two loanees who played had good games sadly one of them had to go off injured, the other lad didnt get on..

Its 7 games we have played and got 11 points. lets give them time eh?  This time last season we were in a far worse position than we are now.

The club hasnt much cash to chuck around on getting new players in FACT.

Crowell has gone .. FACT deal with it. (will he be a big miss?  Of course he will).,

Personally I am a lot happier this time around than 12 months ago.

I had 90 mins of Denis' brother  moaning his fkn head off all afternoon in my ear.  (why he comes to watch Alty is beyond me) !!!!

Cmon Alty...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »

Dino ... What they served up on Saturday was Tosh.. Today was better if not brilliant.. Bear in mind we had 3 loan players who never even knew the names of half the team never mind trained with them.

the two loanees who played had good games sadly one of them had to go off injured, the other lad didnt get on..

Its 7 games we have played and got 11 points. lets give them time eh?  This time last season we were in a far worse position than we are now.

The club hasnt much cash to chuck around on getting new players in FACT.

Personally I am a lot happier this time around than 12 months ago.

I had 90 mins of Denis' brother  moaning his fkn head off all afternoon in my ear.  (why he comes to watch Alty is beyond me) !!!!

Cmon Alty...

You were on the halfway line too then! I've stood there for years (decades actually) and he's a bit (lot) of a P in the A. You just have to try to filter him out  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »

The trouble with some of our fans is there's no middle ground. If we win a few we're world beaters and we're going to get promoted, if we lose/draw a few we're absolutely sh*t and we're going to go down.

We are 10th in the league with 3 wins from 7 games. There really is no need for hysteria.

Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

The trouble with some of our fans is there's no middle ground. If we win a few we're world beaters and we're going to get promoted, if we lose/draw a few we're absolutely sh*t and we're going to go down.

We are 10th in the league with 3 wins from 7 games. There really is no need for hysteria.

Your bang on the money there ...Alty1981 .. On the resources available mid table is a good achievment..

Aussie Bob

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 02:12:31 AM »

We are a point off the play offs ...terrible ...i am pretty happy with that after saturday's debacle. And lots of credit to Graham for getting 3 loanees at such short notice...good to see though that the expectations are higher this year ...its gets tedious hearing well we are part time and we cant compete with full time clubs etc ...

Stockportalty

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 09:44:29 AM »

Before anyone starts having a go at GH, perhaps people need to be reminded that on Sunday - for some people a day of rest, he spent all day phoning round, faxing stuff, talking to to clubs and players trying to get enough loan players so that we actually had a team to put out yesterday, and yes the three loan players arrived not knowing who they were looking for or where to go. In the circumstances I think we did OK. Scott had a slight advantage in that he played on the pitch on Thursday and the dressing room was familiar but that was all.

dopamine

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »

Did we have a full strength team out who are used to laying with each other? No

For some people (ie. the player's wives) that could be quite a relief...  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

Did we have a full strength team out who are used to laying with each other? No

For some people (ie. the player's wives) that could be quite a relief...  ;D

Oh dear seems i made a typographical error there. Or perhaps they are all swingers and I didnt realise.

bigcol

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »

Question:

Is GH to blame for getting us to the situation of barely having enough players for the weekend's games, or is he to be praised for managing to pull together a team/squad to get a point against Chester.

Discuss :)

fuertes

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »

Unbelievably OTT reaction.

We didn't play especially well, but under the circumstances it was to be expected. The two lads who'd never played before looked like they were just finding their feet. They didn't let anyone down at all, but didn't really affect the game. Dale didn't look right from the start to me. He's had a terrific start to the season, but I thought it was obvious he was either very tired, carrying a knock, or both. Col then gets crocked. We end up with Clee down the right and Heffenan up front FFS - to get a draw in those VERY difficult circumstances isn't bad at all.

I concur with the points made about Clee - he did well. That throw is brilliant as well, it's really quick/flat as well as long. Just shows, the getting on his back in August of his first season was f**king ridiculous.

I'd like to see GH get in a left-back on loan if at all possible. I like Doughty at left-mid, but not left-back. Young is brilliant, but I don't like him at left-back. With our current squad, one always has to play in their less useful position. I also think Smithy is a good defender, but a bit short and prone to fouling for a centre back. Ideally I'd move him to the right, Young and Williams in the middle, and then a new left-back.

I appreciate all this is very difficult to achieve on our budget, but if possible GH should do it.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »

given the circumstances we played well, the style of play we have adopted over the last couple of games is down to circumstances, we were playing the ball through midfield now we play it up to johnson and hope it sticks., both little and johnson are a little short of full fitness and therefore they could push up their defense knowing they werent going to get beaten by pace, therefore squashing play.  Has nobody else noticed how well Denham  has been playing recently class
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 absolute tosh