PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 absolute tosh
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: absolute tosh  (Read 7333 times)

dino

absolute tosh
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »

injuries or not, that was a gutless performance against very mediocre opposition. That was was back to the bad old days in the second half, one up front, nobody getting in the box. any neutral person would think we were the away side. we  couldnt string 2 passes together all game, and only denham played with desire.

att 1735 ..... how do we expect to keep supporters with that performance?  i shake my head in disbelief at heathcote. would he pay £13 for that? i doubt it very much

Bath Alty

Re: absolute tosh
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »

What ever you may say about Graham he is an Alty fan and would pay his £13 to see them play week in week out with the rest of us if he hadn't gone down the route he has.

Who else was fit to play up front in the second half?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »

Obviously I didn't go to the game, but isn't it a bit unfair to completely dismiss the impact of injuries on the squad?

It would be akin to saying 'having a broken leg or not, that bloke's not very good at running'.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »

Evening Dino.

ant

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »

I went and we should have put them to bed in my opinion.  We lacked snap up front and certainly miss Crowell in MF.  Still a point is better than nothing and there were signs of encouragement from Clee who I thought came on a did pretty well.  However we gifted them the equaliser after a defensive gaffe.  Chester are poor and will definitely playing in the BS North next season.  

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »

a tad harsh, chester are full time , we did ok considering the injuries , supensions players leaving etc

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »

I wasn't there either, but having regard to injuries both from Saturday and today, suspension of Densmore, and the introduction of two new players one of who signed this morning I think a reality check is in order.

Plus one up front in the second half? Er yes, our one fit striker!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »

i think that a draw was a fair result. we played ok considering the new players  and injuries. In the same position last year i think that we would have been comfortably put away by that team. Denham had a good game as did Youngy. To call the performance gutless and not good enough is a bit harsh and if some people do feel that, we played badly and still got a point. We are definately improving.

JT

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »

Well harsh comments in my opinion.  Like others have said, suspensions, injuries and new players not even having a training session with the rest of the squad.  All in all, i'm happy with that point today.  Next 2 games at Kettering and Cambridge very hard, but then 3 big games after that, Crawley (H), Grays (A) andTamworth (H).  Hopefully by that time we'll have players back, and be ready to pick up some more points.

Very impressed with Denham so far, i think his work rate has been excellent.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 06:22:59 PM »

When Little and Johnson got injured/tired we should have borught one of the other strikers on from the bench.  Oh hang on...

Harsh comments indeed, we haven't lost 4-0.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »

With the slim squad, and two new faces, against full time opposition - not a great performance but I'll take a point. There were positives - Moffat looked useful and will give us something while he stays, Clee looks to be settling in now, and I reckon Kearney is going to be a key player for us this season.

On the downside, Heffernan is not a striker at this level, and GH needs to pull somebody in on loan urgently to operate up front.

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

Was the game poor today? Yes

Were we gutless? No

Did we pass the ball like we did at the start of the season? No.

Did we have a full strength team out who are used to laying with each other? No

Are we setting our sights too high following the first 4 games? Possibly.

Dino do you ever actually come on here and praise the team? No

Does Dino make me laugh? Yes

FACT

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »

injuries or not, that was a gutless performance against very mediocre opposition. That was was back to the bad old days in the second half, one up front, nobody getting in the box. any neutral person would think we were the away side. we  couldnt string 2 passes together all game, and only denham played with desire.

att 1735 ..... how do we expect to keep supporters with that performance?  i shake my head in disbelief at heathcote. would he pay £13 for that? i doubt it very much

Come on Dino lets cut to the chase ... what is it you have against Heathcote?
ParkINson's red and white army

Longman

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »

OTT.

Narcissist

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

Come on Dino lets cut to the chase ... what is it you have against Heathcote?

Dont be daft mate, you dont come on here to state your case and true feelings. Its much easier to ply your trade as a trolling dissident with an alterior motive.

Heathcote out, Alty should be wiping the floor with full-time teams like Chester City.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 absolute tosh