PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 12469 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Team
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 04:59:54 PM »

oh well the glory days have gone,we now have the gorey days
Harold

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 05:00:17 PM »

I assume its finally over? Bad day at the office I hope and not a sign of things to come. Big job for GH and KMc to pick the lads up and get them motivated for a big derby game on Monday. Why do we always lose before potential pay days? 200 off the crowd thanks to today and last week.

and with crowell gone , densmore suspended and senior possibly injured the team is down to bare bones , chester be a real test.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 05:03:34 PM »

Wondering if Densmore's suspension is automatic or whether the FA have to declare it...........BH weekend?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »

I think the suspension is immediate. Truley is bare bones on Monday. Makes me wonder how we are going to manage without Crowell as he was a class apart from Danylyk and Lawton.

Would be interested to see how we coped down our left side today as this has been exposed too often already.

Crowell's timing in leaving leaves a bit to be desired (3 days before deadline), I wonder long this was unfiolding for and whether he let on, because it has left us in the mire.

Full time and proud of it

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »

Spot on RIS, timing is awful. I think GH needs to try to get someone in as cover if possible but again the BH weekend is against us, many clubs phones will go unanswered.

Someone posted somewhere the other day about us being a bit soft when it comes to giving in to players needs. A good if difficult point, perhaps there could have been a comprimise between club and player, and I seriously think we need to get players on short term contracts.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »

Spot on RIS, timing is awful. I think GH needs to try to get someone in as cover if possible but again the BH weekend is against us, many clubs phones will go unanswered.

Someone posted somewhere the other day about us being a bit soft when it comes to giving in to players needs. A good if difficult point, perhaps there could have been a comprimise between club and player, and I seriously think we need to get players on short term contracts.

If a player wants to leave whats the point of standing in there way?- they wont give 100% if they dont want to be part of the team
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 05:39:31 PM »

Maybe, I see your point but if its made so easy to go?

At least on a contract we'd get a bit of dosh.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »

I am gutted to see him ago mind and i agree we need to bring 1 or 2 in if at all possible with the funds we have
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 05:54:27 PM »

Whether he was on a contract, not on a contract or anything else...if he gets a once in a lifetime chance to play in Australia and has to go the next day, he is going to want to take it.

If we stand in his way he is hardly likely to run his heart out for us and would just end up as a burden on the wage bill.

bigcol

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »

The term paper-thin squad comes to mind. I hope GH and KMc have a cunning plan up their sleves. Brabin is out of work at the minute, wonder if he fancies anchoring the midfield on Monday?

taxi Phil

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »

Has anyone ever started a Conference level match with two substitutes, one a keeper and the other carrying an injury ? Good job it's "only" Chester and not a half decent side !

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »

Perhaps there is a lot to say for the old system of one sub as it was when I started watching football. Not many years earlier there were none. I imagine that's hard to understand for the younger fans but that's how it was.
How many times did I see the keeper take off his (always green, yellow if Vics) shirt and be replaced by an outfield player.

As regards Australian football, I can't really see it as a springboard for a footballing career, not exactly a major nation football wise, but I suppose for a minor league UK player who will not become big league then its a chance to live somewhere nice and enjoy the game for a few years.

Butty

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »

Could Ken still do a job for us  ;)

fuertes

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »

Whether he was on a contract, not on a contract or anything else...if he gets a once in a lifetime chance to play in Australia and has to go the next day, he is going to want to take it.

If we stand in his way he is hardly likely to run his heart out for us and would just end up as a burden on the wage bill.

Well said.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »

Today has no so bad a performance. When we pushed up into their half we looked dangerous and created chances. Crap ref and bad luck. If Dale hadn't been fouled we'd have scored, the game would have been totally different, as it was the crappy rule on players requiring treatment saw us take a free kick in a dangerous position without a key player.. who the ref spent too long letting him back on. Then the ref just got worse ans worse.
Thin squad so need to get behind the lads o Monday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team