Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!  (Read 6715 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »

Hi Fuertes, Normally I would totally agree with what you say matey, however on this occassion with the nasty atmosphere that was at best tense to say the least. I think they should have toned down the celebrations on this occassion.

I agree that players/officials take lots of stick during games (I am as guilty as the next man for shouting at them etc) ...

I remember when Alty played Bishop Aukland a few years back in a cup game and they were all pissed and looking for aggro and kicked off, (it ended up with the game being suspended for about an hour whilst police horses were diverted from Old Trafford to deal with them. The Alty officials came to the Golf Road end and asked the fans not to taunt them in an attempt to calm the situation. Gladly the Alty fans were sensible enough to heed the request and eventually the game went on (1 -1 and we lost the replay if memories serves) .. I think that sort of attitude from the players last night would have been appropriate.

seasonticket

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »

Agree with all Distance traveller says, but I feel the only way for FA to deal with this is to hit the clubs hard, very hard. Say make them play all home games for the rest of the season behind closed doors or at the away teams ground with no tickets for travelling fans. If this caused these two clubs to fold then so be it. Football will have lost nothing and maybe gained some respect.
I wonder did the local Tesco close?

george

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »

Bishop Auckland match was interupted for just over b10 minutes then the ref continued the game.

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »

Agree with all Distance traveller says, but I feel the only way for FA to deal with this is to hit the clubs hard, very hard. Say make them play all home games for the rest of the season behind closed doors or at the away teams ground with no tickets for travelling fans. If this caused these two clubs to fold then so be it. Football will have lost nothing and maybe gained some respect.

This was one of the main reasons why the violence outside the ground was so bad. If Millwall had been given more tickets the fans would have been inside the stadium where it would have been easier to control them instead of roaming around outside. Football is public entertainment, you can't tell a section of the public they are not allowed to go to the most important game for years.

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »

This was one of the main reasons why the violence outside the ground was so bad. If Millwall had been given more tickets the fans would have been inside the stadium where it would have been easier to control them instead of roaming around outside. Football is public entertainment, you can't tell a section of the public they are not allowed to go to the most important game for years.

"Give us tickets or we'll go round smashing up the local area". Not having that.

I'm sure Celtic would love to take 25,000 to Ibrox. However, they can't, and they don't travel in large numbers only to trash the local area and fight with the 'Oranges'.

I f**king hate these Cockney pricks. "Oi fackin' lav gettin nawwty". They should get back into their holes.

baldrick

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

Celtic play Rangers at least four times a season. Millwall play west ham once or twice in a generation. The away end holds 7000 but Millwall were given 2300 tickets and they had to make a formal complaint to get them, they were originally only offered 1500. If a premier league club can't handle a large away support they should not be allowed to hold a licence.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »

"Give us tickets or we'll go round smashing up the local area". Not having that.

I'm sure Celtic would love to take 25,000 to Ibrox. However, they can't, and they don't travel in large numbers only to trash the local area and fight with the 'Oranges'.

I f**king hate these Cockney pricks. "Oi fackin' lav gettin nawwty". They should get back into their holes.

This is what happens to you when you walk round covered in Buttons and are brought up on a diet of Pie Mash and Eels  ;)

Give me a Barney Fish supper any time.

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »

I've just heard a West Ham fan on the radio. He had it spot on - no away fans permitted for this fixture, whether at Upton Park or the Den.

baldrick

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »

I've just heard a West Ham fan on the radio. He had it spot on - no away fans permitted for this fixture, whether at Upton Park or the Den.

I'm not 100% sure about this but i think under the league cup rules away fans must be allocated 15% of the tickets (that might be the FA Cup)

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »

If these two clubs folded, the scum elements of both lots of support would simply tag on to someone else. Full scale riot at Dagenham v Grays anyone ?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Man City and either Millwall or Birmingham came to an agreement where neither side requested or accepted any tickets for the respective away game.

Given that there are TV Cameras at virtually every game played professionally could they not beam the game back to the away teams ground and show it on a Huge Screen

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »

The problem is most of them are probably not West Ham or Millwall fans but general riff raff who want an excuse for a fight.

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »

Outrageous statement. Nothing to do with several thousand like minded prunes wanting to be in the same place at the same time? Tickets or not they would have been outside the ground not in it for the exact reason of being able to cause more trouble than if they were inside the ground.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 04:45:02 PM »

That really, really would not ever have happened in Manchester, in fact in the North of England
only last year an event like this occurred in the north of england, in manchester as a matter of fact....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F965rbxetrw

Christ, I don't think the GMP are the best police force in the world but there were 250,000 of the piss ridden 3rd world tramps that night!

The last time they came over the segregation in those numbers they got as far as Derby before the sh*thouses bottled it and turned back when they actually could have got to Green Street and run Londoners all over the place.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »

It disappoints me that there are plenty of films and books which are top sellers about being football hooligans etc, to continue to glorify such exploits makes it socially acceptable
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!