Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!  (Read 6714 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »

Good god it sounds like a scene out of ID  :(Ben Newton, from Harrow, north London, said his father had been stretchered away after being hit with a dart to the head.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:35:25 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

Although it is sad, there really should be some form of behind the scenes "scheduling" for these games, to prevent such meets, I'm 100% sure it happens in world cup draws, why not domestically. Obviously for the later rounds its unavoidable, but in the interests of common safety things could be addressed. I was in central London today this afternoon and the "atmosphere" was obvious.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »

Alty vs Macc would be worse  ::)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

Sounds like it was 'propa nawty'.

On a slightly more humourous note the BBC news read out an email from a Daniel Dyer who said he had to take his daughter home after 20 minutes.  :D

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »

I've always hated Millwall and West Ham. Sub-human element to each club's support, yet whenever you hear them interviewed they seem convinced it was blown out of proportion/it was the other mob's fault/that's what football is all about - drinking, watching the game, having a scrap.

Cockney gits.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:58:57 PM »

I know that some folk on here have been critical of GMP particularly when we played Millwall but I think that tonights scenes just prove that some Police can deal with things and others are 'less capable'

That really, really would not ever have happened in Manchester, in fact in the North of England

If the Met are our primary force then there really is a problem

Alex

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »

That really, really would not ever have happened in Manchester, in fact in the North of England

only last year an event like this occurred in the north of england, in manchester as a matter of fact....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F965rbxetrw

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »

Fair point! There were however no problems in or around the City of Manchester Stadium last year. The fact that half GMP were at the game probably contributed hugely too. Last night seems to have been planned in advance, you would hope that Police intel might have picked that up?

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

There will always be large scale trouble at vermin v Millwall games. Outsiders don't understand the hatred between the two clubs. It dates back to the late 19th century when the clubs were mostly supported by rival dockyards. In the early days Millwall were the bigger club. The police don't have enough numbers to stop a 3000 a side fight. They made things worse by closing underground stations and limiting Millwall to 2300 tickets in a stand that holds 7000. I can't believe they seriously thought people wouldn't travel without tickets. All the pitch invasions and problems inside the ground were caused by vermin fans but Millwall will probably get the blame as usual. Before the game it was the Millwall fans who made the first attack (heavily provoked) but the police and vermin were quick to retaliate. It was just a typical game between two clubs who have always and will always hate each other.

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »

There will always be large scale trouble at vermin v Millwall games. Outsiders don't understand the hatred between the two clubs. It dates back to the late 19th century when the clubs were mostly supported by rival dockyards. In the early days Millwall were the bigger club. The police don't have enough numbers to stop a 3000 a side fight. They made things worse by closing underground stations and limiting Millwall to 2300 tickets in a stand that holds 7000. I can't believe they seriously thought people wouldn't travel without tickets. All the pitch invasions and problems inside the ground were caused by vermin fans but Millwall will probably get the blame as usual. Before the game it was the Millwall fans who made the first attack (heavily provoked) but the police and vermin were quick to retaliate. It was just a typical game between two clubs who have always and will always hate each other.

Most bitter rivalries date back to some similar industrial/territorial/religious dispute. Southampton vs Portsmouth, Manchester United vs Liverpool, Rangers vs Celtic. We all understand that perfectly well, however we also understand that the kind of behaviour on display last night was absolutely disgraceful. There are loads of people I hate, that doesn't mean I can go round smashing up people's property to get myself some bricks to hurl at them.

What do these people contribute to civilised society? Seriously, if we lined up the scumbags involved and let the firing squad loose on them would anyone be bothered?

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:43:47 AM »

You will probably find a lot of them contribute to society. This idea that they are all unemployed alcoholic drug addicts is nonsense. There is something about this game that turns normal people into wild animals.

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »

You will probably find a lot of them contribute to society. This idea that they are all unemployed alcoholic drug addicts is nonsense. There is something about this game that turns normal people into wild animals.

If they're so unhinged that a particular game turns them into a rampaging hooligan than I question whether they should be on the streets. Clearly they have serious mental problems.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

These bastards aren't kids, they are  adults (mostly (from what we saw on TV big fat bastards at that) who know exactly what their up to.  Just because their is rivalry between clubs for however long does NOT justify the crap that happened on and off the pitch last night..

I would ban the two clubs from all cup comps for a few seasons.  No doubt the FA will huff and puff and threaten this that and the other  and eventually will look kindly on West Ham (as per the Tevez affair) and fine them a few grand) which will make no difference at all.

The west ham players didnt help the situation by celebrating the goals, in the style they did,  some of them should know better (over paid idiots).

Personally if it was up to me I would deduct both clubs about 20 points.. (west ham should have been demoted for playing Tevez a couple of years ago) IMO

Its fkn ridiculous if you cant watch a football match without all that crap going on.

Don't be surprised if you get copycat situations in the next couple of weeks..

Pathetic.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 08:57:26 AM »

These bastards aren't kids, they are  adults (mostly (from what we saw on TV big fat bastards at that) who know exactly what their up to.  Just because their is rivalry between clubs for however long does NOT justify the crap that happened on and off the pitch last night..

I would ban the two clubs from all cup comps for a few seasons.  No doubt the FA will huff and puff and threaten this that and the other  and eventually will look kindly on West Ham (as per the Tevez affair) and fine them a few grand) which will make no difference at all.

The west ham players didnt help the situation by celebrating the goals, in the style they did,  some of them should know better (over paid idiots).

Personally if it was up to me I would deduct both clubs about 20 points.. (west ham should have been demoted for playing Tevez a couple of years ago) IMO

Its fkn ridiculous if you cant watch a football match without all that crap going on.

Don't be surprised if you get copycat situations in the next couple of weeks..

Pathetic.

I agree with everything else you say, but to be honest I think the players should be able to celebrate however they like on the pitch. With the amount of abuse given to players from the stands without response, I think we can allow a player to leap around a bit without that being used as an excuse for fighting and pitch invasions. I'm the first to give the opposition players stick, but if they score then celebrate in front of me I can't complain. That's football.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad we don't get this kind of thing at Alty!