Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Glad the Wimbledon Lads managed to get the Friday off work.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Glad the Wimbledon Lads managed to get the Friday off work.  (Read 3833 times)

markecky

« on: August 23, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »

Part timers?

"“We left Kingsmeadow at 10.30 am on Friday morning and as we drove north listened to the cricket which proved to be an outstanding day for the English. We arrived at a beautiful hotel in Cheadle in time to have a training session prior to our evening meal which set us up perfectly for what was going to be a very difficult game at Moss Lane."

joe

Re: Glad the Wimbledon Lads managed to get the Friday off work.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »

According to one of their fans i was chatting to in the bar they train four times a week which is full time in my eyes.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »

They are all but full time. Some players were let go as they could not commit to the new regime.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »

It's the lovely hotel in cheadle bit I don't get............

Stockportalty

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »

Probably 'The Village', the only other one I can think of is the Stanneylands which is in Styal not Cheadle

afcw1

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »

some players train 4 times a week, about 6 players i think, the rest train 2 days a week , so basically yes part time

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »

How fortunate they all managed to get friday and saturday off work from their other jobs.....

Look, it's not a dig, I think AFC W are big enough to be full time.......but they should also be big enough to admit it!!!

None of this Northwich style they only get £600 a week, only train twice a week, get half the week off but are 'basically part time' nonsense'.

What are the players other part time jobs that they use to supplement their income?

Narcissist

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »

How fortunate they all managed to get friday and saturday off work from their other jobs.....

Look, it's not a dig, I think AFC W are big enough to be full time.......but they should also be big enough to admit it!!!

None of this Northwich style they only get £600 a week, only train twice a week, get half the week off but are 'basically part time' nonsense'.

What are the players other part time jobs that they use to supplement their income?

To be fair its a bit basic to think that a club being part-time means their players all stack shelves in tesco 3 or 4 days a week. Part-time relates to the commitment the club makes to playing staff not the commitment players make to the club, or indeed to working hours.

On the other hand, its the first time Ive heard of a part-time club doing this for a regular league match. Although Im pretty sure AFCW live well within their means.

Before we fall ill of our own success, what time were we setting off when we did stop overs down south?

markecky

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »

To be fair its a bit basic to think that a club being part-time means their players all stack shelves in tesco 3 or 4 days a week. Part-time relates to the commitment the club makes to playing staff not the commitment players make to the club, or indeed to working hours.

On the other hand, its the first time Ive heard of a part-time club doing this for a regular league match. Although Im pretty sure AFCW live well within their means.

Before we fall ill of our own success, what time were we setting off when we did stop overs down south?

We used to leave after work at 5:30

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »

We used to leave after work at 5:30

Cheers. That abstains us then. I guess the part-time thing when you arent is a publicity thing? For us its a reality, and one im happy with for now.

No wonder it didnt work doing long journeys on Friday Evenings, far too stressful.

(Michael Macintyre joke)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »

I think the term part time is used by different clubs in different ways. Some clubs train during the day but still consider themselves part time whereas Alty, amongst others, have players with day jobs who train 2/3 nights a week.

For me, any club whose players have day jobs as well as playing football is part time. The rest are full time, as being a footballer is their player's main job.

Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »

I would say that full time means that you train, or attend the ground (or training ground) every day.

I have two part time staff at work - one works every morning and one three days per week. Neither does anything else

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »

I would say that full time means that you train, or attend the ground (or training ground) every day.

I have two part time staff at work - one works every morning and one three days per week. Neither does anything else

So if premiership players don't put in 40 hours of playing and training every week are they also part-time?

I realize different clubs will have different definitions of part time but  'football isn't their main job' seems the most honest definition.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »

Never mentioned 40 hours so far as I can recall, just attending every day even if only for a couple of hours

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »

Never mentioned 40 hours so far as I can recall, just attending every day even if only for a couple of hours

By your criteria, the person who works every morning is therefore full time.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team