PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Complaints
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: No Complaints  (Read 7313 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No Complaints
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »

Generally a poor display by the Robins today.. Lots of space in the midfield which Wombledon exploited well. Matty Doughty AGAIN wandering far to much inside . The Wimbledon right side was their biggest means of delivery which they failed to make the most use of.
If Matty D doesnt get tight on the oppositions right side then we are going to suffer.

Wimbledon are a good side, I wouldnt say they are top 5 but certainly top half of the league.

See you at Kiddy next Saturday. (a virtual home game for me)  :D

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »

I'm assuming Smith was injured?  But if so why stick Little on?  Once he came on we seemed to loose momentum.  Anyway, better team won today.

It wasn't when Little came on that we lost momentum. We lost momentum when Dale was taken off. If he was injured then that's fair enough but if he wasn't it was a big mistake to substitute him as he is our first line of defence. The minute he went off our midfield were taken out of the game as they play off him when he holds the ball. Once he went off it was game over and they tore us apart (albeit we would have had a couple, but they could have had 5). It's as simple as that..

radcliffe alty

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »

They were better than us in every department today. Sometimes you are just beaten by a better team and have to accept it.

We were given enough warnings of their intent and were CONSTANTLY allowing free headers at the back post and were CONSTANTLY opened up on the right hand side. A better side would have stuck 4 or 5 in today. I just don't understand why we don't learn our lessons and allow simple attacks time and time again. And the miss by Robbie Williams at the end from 1 yard summed up his general game - crap. Almost as poor as Nicky Clee - I wouldn't start with either if we can at all help it. Both nowhere near the required standard. Robbie Williams is about 7ft 11 and he refused to win a header all game.

boltonrobin

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »

They were better than us in every department today. Sometimes you are just beaten by a better team and have to accept it.

We were given enough warnings of their intent and were CONSTANTLY allowing free headers at the back post and were CONSTANTLY opened up on the right hand side. A better side would have stuck 4 or 5 in today. I just don't understand why we don't learn our lessons and allow simple attacks time and time again. And the miss by Robbie Williams at the end from 1 yard summed up his general game - crap. Almost as poor as Nicky Clee - I wouldn't start with either if we can at all help it. Both nowhere near the required standard. Robbie Williams is about 7ft 11 and he refused to win a header all game.

Did you watch the same game as us or did you have the sun in your eyes?

markecky

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 11:53:47 PM »

Not quite as stinging as that last poster, but its fair to say that Robbie does not win as many headers as should.

ant

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »

I'm assuming Smith was injured?  But if so why stick Little on?  Once he came on we seemed to loose momentum.  Anyway, better team won today.

It wasn't when Little came on that we lost momentum. We lost momentum when Dale was taken off. If he was injured then that's fair enough but if he wasn't it was a big mistake to substitute him as he is our first line of defence. The minute he went off our midfield were taken out of the game as they play off him when he holds the ball. Once he went off it was game over and they tore us apart (albeit we would have had a couple, but they could have had 5). It's as simple as that..

Point well made-yes indeed I agree we were far less effective without Dale.  His back must be covered in bruises with all the shoves in the back he takes during a game.  I hope we can keep him fit for the majority of games this season.

boltonrobin

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »

Not quite as stinging as that last poster, but its fair to say that Robbie does not win as many headers as should.

Ok maybe not, but a little over the top though, don't you think? Clee hasn't been given a start yet to show what he can do and it's Williams's second full game. Players need time to settle in and IMHO the whole team looked a little out of sorts yesterday! In fact it was exactly the same team that beat Histon on Tuesday night and I haven't read a post on here that criticised the team or players after that game!  Disaster - We are in a play-off place after 5 games!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 09:04:09 AM »

No complaints whatsoevere, just very downbeat that we get a good sized crowd and put on the most abject of performances. Not one to get the floaters back bank Holiday Monday.

Smith didn't come out 2nd half as he had a toe injury. This ment we went to the what looked to a 4-2-4 formation, unfortunatley Doughty is not a left back and we were continually exposed down this side (this also happen in pre-season matches). As the midfield was out of sorts in the 1st half we bypased it 2nd.

I assume Coburn has a knock as after they scored he took no free kicks from 25 yards or more.

A weeks rest won't do any harm before the Kiddy game (would be well chuffed with a point) then Chester on Monday. As Chester got thier first point and didn't concede 4 I hope they bring as many as Wimbledon.

Full time and proud of it

seasonticket

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 09:33:33 AM »

Sorry to say this but, unusually, I disagree with most of the previous posts.
We looked relatively ineffective up front because of AFC's ability to play the traditional "Wimbledon" way. When the opposition come forward get six or more men in the box, when AFC go forward get six or more upfront and midfield is a non existent area.
They played like Histon last season only are better at it and probably not as much in the air, but still mostly missing out the midfield area.
I thought Robbie Williams had a good game and he and Young won most things in the air. AFC's finishing was so bad that Coburn did not have many shots he needed to stop particularly in the first half. At no time did they batter us even, with more possession, our defednce was not perfect but good enough to keep many teams in this league at bay.
It was the usual story we do better against teams that play decent football (eg Burton Albion) than the big hoof brigade.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

Thanks season ticket.

An observation of the game which reflects mine.

Steve from Sale

Nonleaguer

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »

Poor display today, AFC Wimbledon were more of a challenge to face and unfortunately we were left a little exposed.

Their goal resulted in an attacking move breaking down with Kearney progressing upfield and when possession was lost their player progressed effortlessly through the void that was left and was left unchallenged. That said, I thought the strike was not that powerful and perhaps maybe we may have expected Stu to get a hand to it.

It was obvious that our side were tiring with 30 mins to go and the substitutions were largely ineffective.The goal from them was always coming, well perhaps GH has some things to think about because if we play away like that at Kidderminster we will be hammered.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:31:46 AM by Nonleaguer »

markecky

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »

Poor display today, AFC Wimbledon were more of a challenge to face and unfortunately we were left a little exposed.

Their goal resulted in an attacking move breaking down with Kearney progressing upfield and when possession was lost their player progressed effortlessly through the void that was left and was left unchallenged. That said, I thought the strike was not that powerful and perhaps maybe we may have expected Stu to get a hand to it.

It was obvious that our side were tiring with 30 mins to go and the substitutions were largely ineffective.The goal from them was always coming, well perhaps GH has some things to think about because if we play away like that at Kidderminster we will be hammered.

And there ends the positivity.

With the size of our squad the substitutions make themselves really especially with injuries to Dale and Smith.

If we play like we played against Histon we'll hammer Kidderminster. ;)

jimbo

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »

very unfair on little them posts.he nearly scored and tried to make things happen.we didnt look like scoreing till he came on.just needs to get some games under his belt.people have short memories.he scored a cracker last week for gods sake.it was a case of them being to good for us.reality check.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »

I actually can't see Kidderminster being as strong, quick and disciplined as Wimbledon were. We ere beaten by a very good team and if they find someone who can actually take the chances they create they will be up there this season.

A week's rest and work on some of the weaker areas from this ame (i.e. allowing attack up the same flank time and time again) then I think we can go there, play as we have been doing up to know, and get a point (or more). A good performance and a solid point would be the perfect lead in to the demolition of Chester on the Monday in front of 3000. Here's hoping anyway.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »

The problem is we have set the bar quite high with the first 4 performances, therefore if we don't play to that people are going to complain, including me.

I thought the ball should have been given to Senior more on the deck and let him have a bit of a run, also we could have swapped Denham and Senior round before the subs to give their full backs more to think about.

They had plenty behind when we had ball then overloaded when they did, that small lad that came on (Main ?) should have hit at least 2.

Disappointed, but its only 1 game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Complaints