PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Complaints
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: No Complaints  (Read 7312 times)

markecky

No Complaints
« on: August 22, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »

A few of our lads were below par today and we didn't play as well as we have done.

They looked a very useful side at times and won't be far off the playoffs.  Great support as well.

Onwards to Kiddy, lets hope we keep attacking.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No Complaints
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »

A few of our lads were below par today and we didn't play as well as we have done.

They looked a very useful side at times and won't be far off the playoffs.  Great support as well.

Onwards to Kiddy, lets hope we keep attacking.

just hope the floaters come back , probably only will if we are winning though

dino

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »

absolutely no complaints, they were far better on the day. they looked a much better proposition than burton/torquay. all over 6ft, strong a lot fitter, got 5 men in the box when crossing.they will be a top 5 side.

biggest dissappointment today was the lack of energy in the performance, and we very rarely had anybody in the box except DJ. that of course is the main reason why we struggle with crowds. if i had been a neutral today, i wouldnt be too impressed, as it just wasnt too entertaining

470 in away end and about 100 in the stand

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »

I thought they were a very organised team.Their number 7 was quality (and he looked like Freddie Flintoff). Thought the right winger in the first half (number 8) looked useful and found a lot of space, even if he was a T**t. The black guy they had looked fairly useful but dived too much and had an attitude problem but defensively they were quite sound. We just needed a bit more quality up front but apart from that thought we played quite well.

Is Dale nursing an injury by the way?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »

didn't get in the box or couldn't get in the box? wimbledon are strong and fit but blunt up front. i still reckon they'll make the play-offs though because they are a genuine non-league team on the up rather than the relegated big time charlies that haven't quite realised what they are dealing with yet.

dino

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »

DJ was carrying injury from tuesday....

little was just a waste of space

unfortunately denham is expected to do so much tracking back, that he has no energy left when we attack. the lad must of run 12k today

Longman

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »

DJ was carrying injury from tuesday....

little was just a waste of space

unfortunately denham is expected to do so much tracking back, that he has no energy left when we attack. the lad must of run 12k today

Bit harsh to call one of our consistently best performers over the last few seasons a "waste of space".

Fair enough he wasn't at his best but it's not always easy coming on as a sub into a game and trying to get into the flow of it.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »

Actually for once i agree with dino in that little was no good today. However they had two or three on him all the time it seemed in the middle.

The first half an hour they battered us and we ran and ran and got nowhere. We then came back into it but that killed us later in the game as we had no energy left. We had a good couple of chances but ifs and buts dont count.

They were big and strong and can play football but useless up front.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:03:40 PM by Jenga »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »

Sometimes you have to just hold up your hands and say you were beaten by a better team. That's what happened today.

Enough said. We move on and look for 3 points at Kidderminster - keep the faith!  :)
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »

Sometimes you have to just hold up your hands and say you were beaten by a better team. That's what happened today.

Enough said. We move on and look for 3 points at Kidderminster - keep the faith!  :)

Agreed.

ant

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

I'm assuming Smith was injured?  But if so why stick Little on?  Once he came on we seemed to loose momentum.  Anyway, better team won today.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 07:18:44 PM »

Right ok, I wasn't there but generally bringing Colin on is for the purpose of scoring a f*ckn goal is it not?

Like last week at Hayes perhaps? Whether he is lacking a touch of fitness or GH thinks he is now better as an impact sub I do not know but he has always been the premier player in our current side, so what is the issue? Senior scores goals, Dale makes a nuisance of himself in the box but we require a clinical goal scorer who will take a half chance or create one. That is Colin Little.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

The answer to this of "why Col?" debate is quite obvious to me:

There were no defenders on the bench to bring on so we brought on the best player available.

End of.
Come on Alty!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »

Strange game, they were undoubtedly better on the ball, but in the second half we had the better chances.

I hate slating any of our players as they all normally give everything they have. Having said that I thought Matty Crowell was terrible today.
Still, no disgrace.

ant

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »

Right ok, I wasn't there but generally bringing Colin on is for the purpose of scoring a f*ckn goal is it not?

Like last week at Hayes perhaps? Whether he is lacking a touch of fitness or GH thinks he is now better as an impact sub I do not know but he has always been the premier player in our current side, so what is the issue? Senior scores goals, Dale makes a nuisance of himself in the box but we require a clinical goal scorer who will take a half chance or create one. That is Colin Little.

And what's the purpose of having Smith on, to defend against "fxxxxg" attackers of course-using your own eloquence here as you can see. I personally was not expecting GH to throw another striker on or perhaps just place like with like.  End of as one of your pals put!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Complaints