PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down  (Read 5952 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 02:06:02 AM »

From what I understand, the violence at the above mentioned friendly match was perpetrated by one FCUM follower who was subsequently even condemned by fellow suuporters for his actions.

My main issue (as stated above) is the fact that their fans are really just Manchester United fans and even sing songs about Manchester United players!
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 08:05:52 AM »

The problem we specifically have with your nomadic club dates principally from the occasion of a visit to Moss Lane by a bona fide United XI. A number of YOUR supporters caused a great deal of trouble, and a little scumbag attacked one of our players.

How did Aaron Chalmers turning us down turn into a debate on FSCUM  ;D

To be fair to them Phil, I'm pretty sure the incident you speak of involved idiots who support Man Utd, not FCUM.

My own personal problem with FCUM, however, dates back to when we actually did play FCUM in a friendly and a small group of their skinheaded hooligans attacked one of our young teenage fans, just because they couldn't cope with losing.

I may as well make it clear that I pretty much loathe both FCUM and Man Utd, but to reiterate my point, the game with FCUM and their idiots is in the past now, and the madness that ensued during last years pre-season was at the Man Utd game, where as last years game against FCUM was a quiet and subdued affair.

As for Aaron Chalmers... good riddance, we don't need him!

Unfortunately i know a couple of lads that were involved in the incident against the Man Utd X1 and they follow both Man Utd and FSCUM.

Jacobs

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Mrs Daycare,

You would follow Alty considering your fella watches Alty - If I had a girlfriend I would support whatever netball / washing up team she supports.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »

You'd have thought Chalmers would have decided not to stay with Alty before the squad pic was taken!

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »

You'd have thought Chalmers would have decided not to stay with Alty before the squad pic was taken!

I think we should replace his head with an image of Jarvis Cocker on all photographs.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 10:50:38 PM »

or a tub of lard

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 06:21:37 AM »

I hope the lad has gone somewhere he will get noticed like his brother did....alty were good for lewis.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 09:23:33 AM »

From what I understand, the violence at the above mentioned friendly match was perpetrated by one FCUM follower who was subsequently even condemned by fellow suuporters for his actions.

My main issue (as stated above) is the fact that their fans are really just Manchester United fans and even sing songs about Manchester United players!
Dont forget the year before when one of their fans punched a 12yr old kid in the face.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

Dont forget the year before when one of their fans punched a 12yr old kid in the face.

That's the incident I was referring to. Disgraceful!
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 09:03:04 AM »

As an idea I have a lot of sympathy for FCUM. Manchester United no longer really represents ordinary Mancunians - it suits the money men if everyone at Old Trafford on a Saturday (or Sunday more likely) is Irish, a Cockney or from East Asia. That way they rake in extra from staying at the hotel and loading up the trolley at the megastore. Then there's the dreadfully poor atmosphere inside the ground for 90% of the games.

However...

There does seem to be a problem with some of the followers. Plastering the place with stickers is disrespectful to their hosts. Having amongst their ranks people who punch children in the face is also rather unfortunate. If they could weed out the idiot element they might make a few more friends.

Didn't a couple of FCUM reps give a little talk at an Alty fans forum? The general consensus was that they were alright wasn't it?

Alex

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19:12 AM »

Wonder what odds u could get on this fourm going a whole pre season without mentioning fc united? Its the same argument every year its getting boring. Move on people
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down