News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Man of the Match Fund Raising Idea

Author Topic: Man of the Match Fund Raising Idea  (Read 1617 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »

Last Sunday I was at Barandywell Stadium to watch Derry City v Cork City which by the way was like watching alty v Vics strip wise.

However with about 10 mins to go the tannoy announced that you could text vote for your man of the match with the chance to win a signed football etc.

All you did was text "Derry 10" to 55555 (number made up for US movie fans)

Might be worth looking in to?

Derry looked useful, not far off Conference level to be fair, the crowd was 2,500 and the drums were excellent; never thought I would say that! However they are rather practiced at them....... ::)
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Narcissist

Re: Man of the Match Fund Raising Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »

Ive heard that league is around league two/one level. Thought that was a bit much tho. Take it youd agree?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »

Well not having watched much League 1 I'm not sure.

They both played some quality football on the floor but I found the forwards a bit lacking that night.

That said Derry had just put out Skonto Riga during the week and were looking at CSKA Sofia last night (0-1 in Sofia) so you have to say L1 is possible but on the night I had them down as L2

I'm just upset we just missed out on seeing Finn Harps on the saturday night due to drinking commitments in Strabane.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:58:23 PM »

Last Sunday I was at Barandywell Stadium to watch Derry City v Cork City which by the way was like watching alty v Vics strip wise.

However with about 10 mins to go the tannoy announced that you could text vote for your man of the match with the chance to win a signed football etc.

All you did was text "Derry 10" to 55555 (number made up for US movie fans)

Might be worth looking in to?

Derry looked useful, not far off Conference level to be fair, the crowd was 2,500 and the drums were excellent; never thought I would say that! However they are rather practiced at them....... ::)

It's quite a good idea that...I remember seeing the same thing with a cash prize at a Champions League game in 2007 between The New Saints & Ventspils of Latvia.I'll do a bit of ferreting.

That's two Alty fans watching The Candystripes in two games...Andrew Shaw was at the game against Skonto Riga.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:01:59 AM »

They both played some quality football on the floor but I found the forwards a bit lacking that night.

That said Derry had just put out Skonto Riga during the week and were looking at CSKA Sofia last night (0-1 in Sofia) so you have to say L1 is possible but on the night I had them down as L2

I'm just upset we just missed out on seeing Finn Harps on the saturday night due to drinking commitments in Strabane.

Very poor form that missing an opportunity to go to Ballybofey ;)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »

Very poor form that missing an opportunity to go to Ballybofey ;)

Oh don't worry Brian I'll be back and they won't get away next time! I did pass the ground. As for Mr shaw that's just glory hunting for the Euro ties!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team